3oT Import Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey everyone! Figured those of us who are importing the game would like a spot be able post about their experiences, impressions and any misc info you may find on the game that may not warrant its own thread.

There may be mild spoilers in here due to the nature of this thread. Depending on how anti-spoiler you are, please browse at your own risk.
Some ground rules (please read before posting):
1. Anyone is welcome to post in here, despite it being an import thread! It's also fine to ask questions and/or make comments and post your findings (miiverse or otherwise) as long as you aren't spamming! But don't get upset if people don't respond or skip over your posts because they don't know the answers to your questions or don't feel like answering them.

2. Please do not bug people to translate things for you, find certain dialogues for you, etc. If someone offers then it's fine to ask them.

3. Try and stay on topic and don't derail the thread please. If there's a lull in the thread please don't bump or post in here just for the sake of posting. I know people are excited about the game, but it bloats the thread and makes it harder for people to find new content. If I ask you to take your discussion and make another thread to discuss it, don't be offended.

4. Some of the people in here who are importing may not know much Japanese or any Japanese at all, and that's perfectly fine! Anyone is allowed to post in here at any fluency level. If you need help with something in the game feel free to ask in here, or make a new thread for your question.

5. If you need to correct someone on their Japanese, please do so in kind manner. On the flip side, if someone knows more Japanese than you and corrects you don't get upset about it. They are just trying to help.

6. The most important rules of all: be kind to one another and have fun!

Full character like/dislike chart (Japanese) - http://wikiwiki.jp/boku3sato/?%B9%A5%CA%AA%B0%EC%CD%F7

If you want more information about the game in general, please visit Cher's FAQ and soon to be guide - http://fogu.com/sos2/
If you want to talk about portraits, cgs, etc for characters, please go see Ronin's lovely thread here: http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=169941
Thanks to Ghoul for her previous general discussion thread!

Miiverse Community - (There may be spoilers in here, browse at your own risk) https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/64 ... 9007816909
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Miiverse is up, so keep an eye out on there if you want to see screenshots - https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/64 ... 9007816909

Cher posted - Very glad they implemented that again.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Impressions so far:

-huge improvements to the hair color and face type selections. They actually have 3 different shades of brown hair now, and a few different auburns as well.
-tutorial/intro is hella long :( I'm still in it. But it seems shorter than SoS's at least
-awkward hugs ahoy. Apparently that's the standard Westown greeting
-there is a ton of gendered dialogue, so people wanting to do a crossdressing file might not like that
-your initial house looks like a woodshed full of spiders
Beedlebud
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Impressions so far:

-huge improvements to the hair color and face type selections. They actually have 3 different shades of brown hair now, and a few different auburns as well.
-tutorial/intro is hella long :( I'm still in it. But it seems shorter than SoS's at least
-awkward hugs ahoy. Apparently that's the standard Westown greeting
-there is a ton of gendered dialogue, so people wanting to do a crossdressing file might not like that
-your initial house looks like a woodshed full of spiders
Spoiler:
At least the hair stuff sounds cool.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm on my first free day and already have a purple flower w/Wayne but I only talked to him once... hmm... is that normal? o_O
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Omg I saw a screenshot of Wayne hugging MC in the beginning and that made me laugh. Now I understand why, if it's the town greeting lol

Did you choose to be "popular" at the beginning?
FuranSuwa
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Maybe the color levels aren't the same ? But I've seen picture with purple flower Wayne on twitter too
I think if I remember correctly it was like this in RF4, where the firsts levels where quick to get (so you can easily be friends) but the higher levels took more time
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did choose the popular option (the others were animal lover, fisher, and sportsman (whatever that means)) but there's no explanation during character creation as to what the different types actually do. Dunno if the popular option gives a boost to initial FP or if it just raises THAT fast. I don't really mind having an initial FP bonus but if heart levels increase daily when there are only ~10 I think I have to restart my file and pick something else D: D:
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Not sure how I feel about hugging random people I just met, but it makes me wonder if there will be different greetings depending on what torn you're in, or will you just hug everyone you just met.

Thanks for making this thread. I won't be any help here unfortunately, but I'll be lurking in the shadows.

How long is the tutorial? Like a week like in SoS?
I hope you canupgrade your house ASAP since you said it's basically a shed at first.
Nurse Fin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, looking in the guidebook it says "popular" is just an initial FP bonus (1/2 hearts filled) plus what looks like an extra bonus with the marriage candidates (1 heart filled). My MC is irresistible :wink:

The tutorial is only a couple game days, but the cutscenes being super long is what drags it out. You can fortunately skip the actual farming tutorial part
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, that's pretty awesome lol. Nice head start at least!

Is sportsman just stamina related then?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Woo! New thread!

It looks awesome!

I saw new videos in the old thread I'll update the video thread. :)
Jenemi
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Impressions so far:

SO happy about this. It always bothered me that there was no "dark brown" hair/eyes and it seems they exist this time around. Crossing my fingers on more hairstyles and outfits too.
Mecha-Lollipop

Post  Posted:

Nurse Fin wrote:Okay, looking in the guidebook it says "popular" is just an initial FP bonus (1/2 hearts filled) plus what looks like an extra bonus with the marriage candidates (1 heart filled). My MC is irresistible :wink:

The tutorial is only a couple game days, but the cutscenes being super long is what drags it out. You can fortunately skip the actual farming tutorial part
Good news on both fronts. That boost means you can jump right to the first 2 heart events right away too which is an extra bump if you answer correctly. I'll likely go with the popular option with my first file so I can marry everyone and then do my serious family where I marry my favorite.
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

The boost in FP was really tempting, but it seems like getting to the point to cross dress is going to be a hassle yet again. Might not be ideal since I want to wait to change my appearance before activating more events and Heart events. Wish they'd just make it more simple to cross dress. ^^;;

I wonder how we get new outfits this time around and when, and how soon we can change hairstyles..