Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

   * Search  * Register
It is currently Mar 26, 2017 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Author Message
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 11:13 am 
Anonymous Fish

Like is a dog/horse race even hard to implement? xD; It looks so simple... But it was also something I looked forward to, especially with the bidding thing they had going in Hm64 with prizes (although the bidding had a glitch you could abuse... lol). I liked how it gave incentive to like play fetch with your dog and ride your horse around a lot. I would train for it. >>; It was fun... And the goddess festival where you got a piece of cake and you'd see if you were the Harvest King or whatever for that year, that was cool too and it made you look forward to next year if you didn't get it this year. So much care put into the festivals... V_V Miss it.
 
 
Celestrian
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 11:36 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 878

Offline
FoolishGhoul wrote:
Yeah there's been a lot of different discussions just on this forum about getting rival marriages back and whether people are for or against it. The majority of people here at least, like I think it came out to about 9/10 wanted rival couples back. Buuutttt I'm not sure how the rest of the fandom of the games feel about them since this forum only represents a limited number of players. Regardless, I hope they bring them back again since it's been a while (I think IoH/SI were the last games to have rivals?)

I believe that is actually Grand Bazaar if I remember this correctly. The closest thing we had after that was that jealousy system in Tale of Two Towns.

« signature »
Awesome set made by the terrific Terra575!
Image
 
 
FoolishGhoul
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 11:42 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1674

Offline
Celestrian wrote:
FoolishGhoul wrote:
Yeah there's been a lot of different discussions just on this forum about getting rival marriages back and whether people are for or against it. The majority of people here at least, like I think it came out to about 9/10 wanted rival couples back. Buuutttt I'm not sure how the rest of the fandom of the games feel about them since this forum only represents a limited number of players. Regardless, I hope they bring them back again since it's been a while (I think IoH/SI were the last games to have rivals?)

I believe that is actually Grand Bazaar if I remember this correctly. The closest thing we had after that was that jealousy system in Tale of Two Towns.

Well they had rival EVENTS but they never amounted to anything. Like I believe there were about 3 or 4 rival events but the "paired" marriage candidates never wound up together or anything. I personally don't really count it because of that. They were kind of just teasers. Guess the developers thought that might be a happy medium ground where people who wanted rivals had that but for those that didn't want rivals and didn't want to worry about losing the person they were going after, but it fell through imo

« signature »
Tumblr|| GFX Shop||Twitter||AKA pshycho or Nikki
Image
"It's better to burn than to fade away, it's better to leave than to be replaced"

Kikoriso wrote:
[2:40 AM] Kiko Brock Lee: CAUSE AINT NOBODY WANT YO DICKNIPS

FooliishGhoul wrote:
I like homos

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Trash family best family

Quote:
[10:42:29 PM] ash: yeah I shoved it up my « Mr.Gourmet's hat »
[10:42:30 PM] Nikki/Pshy/Ghoul: « Harvest Goddess » you're adorable

Celestrian wrote:
Let's freaking go, mothatruckas! Wooo!
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 12:08 pm 
Anonymous Fish

FoolishGhoul wrote:
Celestrian wrote:
FoolishGhoul wrote:
Yeah there's been a lot of different discussions just on this forum about getting rival marriages back and whether people are for or against it. The majority of people here at least, like I think it came out to about 9/10 wanted rival couples back. Buuutttt I'm not sure how the rest of the fandom of the games feel about them since this forum only represents a limited number of players. Regardless, I hope they bring them back again since it's been a while (I think IoH/SI were the last games to have rivals?)

I believe that is actually Grand Bazaar if I remember this correctly. The closest thing we had after that was that jealousy system in Tale of Two Towns.

Well they had rival EVENTS but they never amounted to anything. Like I believe there were about 3 or 4 rival events but the "paired" marriage candidates never wound up together or anything. I personally don't really count it because of that. They were kind of just teasers. Guess the developers thought that might be a happy medium ground where people who wanted rivals had that but for those that didn't want rivals and didn't want to worry about losing the person they were going after, but it fell through imo


Of course, it's not so much the events I want. Just sad that no one else ends up together, and I miss seeing the kids born of the rival pairings, and you get to see how rival marriages are going (or how bad they are :P). Lots of creativity to be had there... The thing is, that takes a lot of time. I wouldn't mind waiting longer for a really amazing new game, but then that makes them less money since they end up churning out less games in the process. :/ I'm not a company, so that's not my focus but they are. So I don't think they'd put in that much effort, at least not without really limiting overall number of characters in the game.
 
 
Celestrian
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 12:56 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

User avatar
Posts: 878

Offline
@Ghoul: Ohhh....OK. My memory was a little hazy since I haven't played it in ages. Thanks for clearing that up. But yeah, I agree with you there. Having that and nothing amounting to it still doesn't mean much of anything. I would have been intrigued to see how they might have paired everyone for rival candidates. I wanf to see it handled like it was in Animal Parade.

« signature »
Awesome set made by the terrific Terra575!
Image
 
 
OctavieKnite88
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 8:05 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 323

Offline
What they could do for rival marriages is:

1: Have it so that rival marriage is locked until you're married
2: For those of whom who never plan to marry but want rival marriages...make it so that you have to reach a certain amount of friendship with the same gendered member of the pair.
3: Make it locked until Year 2

I had seen somewhere on Tumblr that male players would apparently get angry over their "waifu" being snagged by someone else because they were too lazy to look into her events...I don't remember where though so take that with a grain of salt.

Rival marriages were present in the first HM game I played: HM DS, if I remember correctly (if not then DS Cute)..so not having them anymore feels odd to me. Once I get the kid in games now I move on to a new game....or focus on getting clothes. In fact, now the only thing I'm really interested in is customization and clothes. It gives me something to work on besides the story. Luckily, getting the town ranks up should do the same...but clothes don't make a town less stagnant. And speaking of clothes, I'd love to have a real tailor shop again someday.

« signature »

HMDS: Jack of Moon Farm, married to Celia
HMDS Cute: Jill of Star Farm, married to Skye
SI: Rique of Sunny Ranch, married to Denny
Grand Bazaar: Hanzel of Sky Farm, married to Antoinette
ToTT: Kimber of Sakura Farm, married to Cam
ANB: Emery of Cloud Ranch, married to Neil
SoS: Zayn of Zephyr Ranch, married to Elise
SoS: Vionne of Karma Ranch, married to Raeger
ToT: Angela of Macaron Farm, married to Luke
AP: Molly of Clarinet Ranch, married to Chase
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 05, 2016 8:52 pm 
Anonymous Fish

My ideal solution to player-initiated rival marriage would be in the form of a seasonal chat/get-together with all the candidates of the same gender. It'd work a little bit like one of the rival events in Animal Parade (where someone would show up on your doorstep and ask advice), but this would be a more complex event that would also be nice from a friendship standpoint, having everyone meet up so often.

All the candidates that are single would take turns confessing feelings for their rivals (if also single). Each time, the others offer comments, and then the player gets a chance to either encourage them to wait or to go for it. If you tell a candidate to wait, you'll always have another opportunity to encourage them at the next season's chat if you change your mind.

Candidates who are already married could also get a turn and offer a few cycling lines about their relationship with their spouse, fleshing out the rival marriages. This way, it's not just the single candidates that talk, and the chats will be relevant even after everyone's married off. Plus, the extra dialogue would be like a reward for the people who go through the effort of pursuing the rival events.

Then there'd be the poor unfortunate souls who's rivals are taken already, lol. But hey, they could have a unique dialogue of their own to show that they're still living a fulfilling life. I'd like that, each candidate having these three variations for dialogue, and their lines really wouldn't have to be too long.

Of course, all of this is way too cool to actually happen, haha. Just let me dream!
 
 
gossipstone
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 7:15 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

User avatar
Posts: 327

Offline
I think that "guy getting mad over rival stealing his girl" thing actually came from an interview (which, unfortunately, I cannot find atm) with Yoshifumi Hashimoto. The female counterpart was basically saying the rival marriages worked out too well, leaving them feeling guilty for splitting up the couple, so that's their rationale for scrapping rival marriages altogether.

« signature »
shoutout to strawberrysundae for helping me with my avatar :)
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 8:48 am 
Anonymous Fish

Easy fix, after you get married a new girl or guy joins town and hooks with the guy/girl you left behind. :P Marvelous hire me?
 
 
OctavieKnite88
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 9:39 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

User avatar
Posts: 323

Offline
gossipstone wrote:
I think that "guy getting mad over rival stealing his girl" thing actually came from an interview (which, unfortunately, I cannot find atm) with Yoshifumi Hashimoto. The female counterpart was basically saying the rival marriages worked out too well, leaving them feeling guilty for splitting up the couple, so that's their rationale for scrapping rival marriages altogether.


http://friendsof3villages.tumblr.com/po ... -this-game

Couldn't find the actual interview, but someone referenced it.

I can definitely see that happening considering I felt the same way at points in time (even now I refuse to marry Klaus because of Iris. I mean even the game brings up how people think they should be a couple!) yet people are making pairings anyways...in SoS I formed them depending on where candidates stood and their schedules so...

Raeger x Lillie (both are off on the same day and he visits the inn)
Mistel x Agate (neighbors and there's an event of him worrying about her safety)
Iris x Klaus (Need I say more? Couldn't even get heart events to activate because they would talk just that much.)
Nadi x Elise (He works for her...*hopefully his sharp tongue would knock her down a few pegs...)
Fritz x Angela (they're opposites and he gets hurt often)
KamilxLicorice (sorry Hiro, but they have very similar occupations and interests)

Not only that but people are getting much too passionate about people in a story that's not FORCING you to get married. And just like in real life, you can't always get the person you want. But if they don't bring it back they should at least bring actual dating back (i.e system from ToTT) because those romantic festivals aren't interesting to me and just reminds me of how annoying it is that Tsuyukasa is the only town that has 4 choices for the festival. Too bad you can't go with the girls.

« signature »

HMDS: Jack of Moon Farm, married to Celia
HMDS Cute: Jill of Star Farm, married to Skye
SI: Rique of Sunny Ranch, married to Denny
Grand Bazaar: Hanzel of Sky Farm, married to Antoinette
ToTT: Kimber of Sakura Farm, married to Cam
ANB: Emery of Cloud Ranch, married to Neil
SoS: Zayn of Zephyr Ranch, married to Elise
SoS: Vionne of Karma Ranch, married to Raeger
ToT: Angela of Macaron Farm, married to Luke
AP: Molly of Clarinet Ranch, married to Chase
 
 
irulethegalaxy
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 10:47 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

User avatar
Posts: 667

Offline
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Easy fix, after you get married a new girl or guy joins town and hooks with the guy/girl you left behind. :P Marvelous hire me?



but what if the new guy/girl is awesome and I want to marry them instead? huh? huh? LOL



(an easier solution I guess would be to add a "Jaime", a character who is simply assigned the appropriate gender to marry the leftover, unless you specifically court them.)
 
 
FuranSuwa
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 2:18 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

User avatar
Posts: 69

Offline
They can also have a few unpaired bachelors/ettes and one could replace the character you marry, like they did in Rune Factory 2.

Does someone know Stephanie's personality ? I didn't find much about her.

« signature »
Sorry I my english is bad, it is not my first language~
 
 
Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 2:39 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

User avatar
Posts: 5402

Offline
FuranSuwa wrote:
Does someone know Stephanie's personality ? I didn't find much about her.

Second this

« signature »
Currently Playing: Horizon Zero Dawn, Current Bokumono Game and Mass Effect Andromeda
Last Game: Night in the Woods
Next Game: Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and Persona 5

Current Bokumono Game: Trio of Towns
Story Status: Just need Lulukoko at S Rank!
Marriage Status: Married to Inari! But will Woofio change my mind?

Fav HM Bachelor: Wizard
Fav RF Bachelor: Dylas
Fav SoS Bachelor: Kamil
Fav HM Bachelorette: Marina
Fav RF Bachelorette: Dolce
Fav SoS Bachelorette: Elise
 
 
Terra575
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 3:07 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

User avatar
Posts: 1675

Offline
FoMT did rival marriages extremely well, because you could only unlock the marriages if you saw all of their events. It was great, because if you didn't want people to get married, you simply avoided those specific triggers to their events. But if you did want them together, there was a lot of content available. So really all players would be content!

« signature »
 
 
Anonymous Fish
  Post subject: Re: 3oT Import Thread
Post Posted: Dec 06, 2016 3:53 pm 
Anonymous Fish

irulethegalaxy wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Easy fix, after you get married a new girl or guy joins town and hooks with the guy/girl you left behind. :P Marvelous hire me?



but what if the new guy/girl is awesome and I want to marry them instead? huh? huh? LOL



(an easier solution I guess would be to add a "Jaime", a character who is simply assigned the appropriate gender to marry the leftover, unless you specifically court them.)


I mean lots of people wanted to marry the many milfs of Harvest Moon yet couldn't. c: Sometimes you just can't have everything you want!
 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next


All times are UTC - 8 hours


 

Search this topic:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group