3oT Import Thread

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

You guys were right; it is Cheburashka.

The patch also added new "scenes" to the Starry Night and New Years festival (probably more dialog), bug fixes, and new costumes.

*edit* ok, not sure if this is normal, but Woofio just thanked me for the Milk I gave to him yesterday in game, and he gave me a cooked dish in return. He didn't seem to do this (that I remember) before the 1.4 patch?
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Frank also thanked me for the pizza I gave him the day before (after downloading the patch), and I had given him a lot of pizzas before the patch without getting that reaction, so I would say is a new feature.
Anonymuse
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote: The only real question is: what is North America getting in the release date version? There have been a couple of major patches and updates to the Japanese version, so the more complete our version is at launch, the longer it will take to release. This is the only thing I see being a potential source of delay, as the updates hit every part of the game, not just dialogue that needs to be localized.

Just caught up with recent happenings (haven't visited in a bit), but this was my thought, especially upon reading the new update in the Import thread. With patches bringing these new lines of fluff and treats (little things I do enjoy), part of me has to ask importers if delaying purchase is worthwhile until the patches get introduced (assuming it's released Vanilla). Have you found it far more enjoyable a game than without?

If wrong section, I apologize. Unsure if it fit better in the localization topic due to the quote or here, due to asking importers information about the patch (and possible spoilers).
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Regarding getting a gift back, I actually have that happened to me even since July/before patches. In fact, I kinda had taken advantage of this with especially Inari back when I just started, since they often give me Cold Noodles as repay and it gives a 'Regen' meal bonus, which is very useful when my stamina was still on the low side.

I have gotten a gift back both when I gave them cooked dish or raw food materials (i.e. egg), but I feel like it happens more often when I have given them cooked dish instead. They could also have increased the chance of getting a present back after the latest update, though.

Anyway, the Cheburashka thing is pretty meh for me as it doesn't seem to do anything aside of collecting gems. Heck, no one even would comment about it unlike with Hamtaro, which also happens to be the candidates' favorite animal (so that you can get LP/FP bonus if you show it to them when they are in low/bad mood to cheer them). I don't think I will take it from Dessie then as I already have 12 pets, so no empty pet hut anymore.

Loving both new extra events though, especially the Starry Night one!
Spoiler:

I get to play Santa for the villages' children just how cute is that! I love the children in this game, so this kind of event makes me happy! :heart:

You will get paired with a candidate with opposite « Chicken Hugging » by Megan to deliver presents to the kid after the Starry Night Festival is over and you get to choose which Village you want to visit and what kind of gift you want to give to each kid.

I think your partner will be randomly chosen from 5 normal candidates? I was checking this event using my test married to Inari data, and I had gotten all 5 normal candidates as my partner. Wonder if it will still work like that if I am not married to Woofio/Inari though.

Also, the present you will give the children are prepared by Megan already, so you only choose 1 out of 3 options. It seems that the present is categorized in 3 style, matching each village style. So ie. Yaiichi can get a Giant Teddy Bear (Westown-ish), Origami set (Tsuyukusa-n) or Tropical Swim Ring (Lulukoko style), and Sumomo can be given Fluffy Scarf (Westown), Flower Ornamented Wooden Clogs (Tsuyukusa) or Rattan Basket Bag (Lulukoko). Whichever present you give will make them happy, but I kinda feel that they act happier (longer and happier reactions, laughing portrait instead of normal portrait) when they get a present in their own village's style. Except for Alma. She seems happier with her 'Collection of Handsome Guys Portraits Book' than 'Juice making kit for Children' lmao!
But, the New Year's Event is good too! It warms my heart to know that they even include Stephanie and Woofio here, so that those two even get a chance to talk and interact with the other guys and girls, despite that they couldn’t participate during the New Year’s Eve celebration due to their work.
Spoiler:

You and your friends will be visiting the village of your choice to get accustomed to the other villages’ culture and pray at the Deity Shrine of that specific village; so Dessie for Westown, Inari for Tsuyukusa and Witchie for Lulukoko. You don’t get to make any wish yourself, but you can learn and hear about what each candidates are wishing for, depending on which village you visit, as well some other stuff like ie. classic banters between Lulukoko candidates, Ford’s mad scientist-y remarks antic, Wayne (jokingly?) feeling jealous of Ludus’ place after seeing their banters (since he is a close friend to the twins) or some candidates (mainly the younger ones like Komari) apologizing to Woofio for misdjudging/wary of him thanks to his creepy animal costume (…) after learning about how mature and grown up like he actually is.

Here below is the list for what each candidates is wishing for and in which village you can hear their wish:

Westown
Hinata: Pray for the success of his next stage play as he has gotten a rather good role there and everyone knows that Hinata does aspire to be a great stage actor.
Stephanie: Pray for improvement in her singing skill
Kasumi: Pray for improvement in her Haiku sensibility

Tsuyukusa
The Twins: Pray for prosperous business (Though, judging from their conversation after this and during the tea party, they mostly only wish to get more money than more customers themselves lol)
Ludus: Pray for his own business and his Grandma’s Inn to prosper without problem.
Ford: Pray for being able to create new medicines (as he thinks that it’d more or less become like a way to help the society if he could find new medicines…But of course first he needs some young healthy persons like MC and Ludus to become his guinea pigs help him.
Woofio: Also pray for prosperous business…Because considering his work (judge for animal competition), prosperous business for him means that more animals will be happier and he only wish for the happiness of all the animals.

Lulukoko
Yuzuki: Pray for his grandparents to always stay healthy so that they can spend their live in peace
Komari: Also pray for her Father’s health, although more in sense of avoiding injuries and such when he works in kitchen rather than about disease/age.
Lisette: Pray for the success of her diet….Iuka doesn’t really get why Lisette would even need to diet in the first place but Lisette reasons with how it has gotten tighter around her chest (and following the typical japanese anime/game/manga logic, it’s probably implying that her boobs is getting bigger than anything; Rune Factory Frontier has this kind oft hing with Selphy iirc), and Lisette’s explanation seems have made a black aura spilling from Iuka (according to Siuka) as Iuka has your typical flat-chested tsundere complex (as stated by Kalila and Siuka in one of their daily convo line).
Wayne: Pray that he will stop having problem waking up in the morning and with sleep deprivation (as he has to wake up veeery early due to his duty as a postman, and I bet he may also like to stay up late sometime to stargaze as he is very fond of the stars and space, so I can see how waking up early would be a real problem for him).

Before you left the shrine/ruin/pond, the respective in training Deity will stop you and bless everyone with their powers, enveloping everyone with glittering light and warms feeling that make them believes how their wish will surely comes true. Also, I believe that the scene will be slightly different if you are married to Inari, since their conversation seem a bit more intimate imo (not that I have seen one where I am not married to Inari…) and both MC and Inari will have heart bubbles on top of their heart in comparison to music note bubbles with Dessie and Witchie.

I already have max FP with everyone but Stephanie and I thiiiiink her FP has raised from half-heart to 1 full heart after this scene, so I can believe this scene will raise your FP/LP with the candidates, just don’t know how much exactly.
I just have to admit how much I love all those new cross villages events they have given us though, like this one, along with the tea party one, christmas present delivering one and the culture exchange events as it really reflects the ‘Precious Friends’ part of the title imo ;3;

Edit: Added what each candidates are wishing for their New Year's pray!
Last edited by Syvle on Dec 15, 2016 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymuse wrote:With patches bringing these new lines of fluff and treats (little things I do enjoy), part of me has to ask importers if delaying purchase is worthwhile until the patches get introduced (assuming it's released Vanilla). Have you found it far more enjoyable a game than without?
Bugs fixes are definitely one thing why getting new patch is a must. But aside of the fixes, the annoying 'can't somehow marry Inari if I already met Woofio/Stephanie' bug and speaking for myself, I do enjoy all the new contents so much.

The new events are enjoyable and makes the villagers feel livelier as they get chance to interact with candidates from the other villages more often. You also get to learn more backstory/personality/what they think of each others as well at the same time like ie. during here and here! I also love how they even made an event where your father would meet your spouse, so that your parents' role don't get really forgotten as soon as you are done with the plot. Woofio and Stephanie as extra candidates are nice, and Woofio turned out to have a nice story as well, so it's another bonus. Your spouse seems will get more LP related lines even after you are married to make thing a bit more fresh again. Not to mentions all the extra lines when characters get more pet variations they like, more outfits they like/will comment about, more random lines so you can learn more about them (like favorite season and opinion about Stephanie/Woofio lines that got added during previous update)...So all those updates enrichen the social aspect of this game greatly without doubt!

And then there are new outfits too! I love all these four new outfits we get and these give me more things to make as well especially when you are already far in the game with nothing to make anymore.

Even so, the vanilla game is definitely worth it and already enjoyable as it is! So, unless downloading updates is impossible to you for some reasons, I personally don't find a reason why you should delay your purchase. I am actually still playing the same old data I made the moment this game got released and it doesn't hinder me to enjoy the new extras (as I haven't married to anyone yet so I can still woo Woofio back then)!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but there's a freaking adorable Christmas themed wallpaper Marvelous put up for the game - http://www.bokumono.com/series/tomodach ... index.html
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can't wait for English release now.......
rubenz
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Btw I have a question, in previous SoS if we are not talking to a villager in a week, he/she will loose the FP, is it the same case in this game too?