So What's Inari's Personality?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey guys,

I was curious, since we know a fair bit about the regular bachelor/ettes from XSeed's posts, if anyone would mind sharing info about Inari? Like what are they like personality wise and if they do anything special for their fox spirit status?
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Inari is really cute imo. He's curious about humans and likes to people watch. Though he doesn't always understand terms humans use and sometimes get embarrassed. He's definitely kind and tries very hard to be good at his job. He also looks up to the one that trained him from what I can tell.
AllisAurora
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think I would like Inari more if we end up getting the DLC that lets him have kids. At first I was excited about the fox spirit thing, but then I read more about how he didn't live with you after marriage or have kids, and it made me kind of sad. I hope they bring the DLC because I feel like it will flesh out his character some more.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In the translated Marie events, Inari sounds very formal! Because Inari slept for so long, Inari still speaks in kind of old-kindy ways, and is very polite and serious. Quite different from Witchie & Dessie, even ignoring the obvious age gap.

Aside from
Spoiler:
transforming in to a cute little white fox if Inari uses too much magic or is in the rain, like the Oinari does in the mythology,
there are quite a few references to Inari's magic and Inari wanting to experience what it's like to be more human (doing anything without magic), which is a big part of Inari's character.

I also never saw Inari refer to Inari with pronouns like 'they' or 'she/he' as apposed to with Inari's name when speaking. It's a little grating to write that way to respect Inari's self-referencing, actually ':D I wonder if that will change in the english version or if Inari will keep that vernacular?

I do hope Inari gets the DLC, though. Not seeing Inari during romance events or the extra dialogue goodies would be sad... and Inari is the only case in which I might actually consider having the in-game kid. Maybe because no one else would be living with me, and it's not a 'biological' child in a way? Or just because it's important to Inari because it's part of exploring humanity and blahblah character lore?
No way if the kid talks in the same dumbed-down way that the SoS kids did, though. Kids are actually very smart. So I tend to be judgmental of video-game kids... Edit, I don't want to hijack the thread, but this post summarizes really well how I feel about it, actually.
Last edited by Nurylon on Feb 23, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blademaster_Aio
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Nurylon wrote:No way if the kid talks in the same dumbed-down way that the SoS kids did, though. Kids are actually very smart. So I tend to be judgmental of video-game kids...
But your SoS kids can survive by themselves in their bed? They can even feed themselves, clean themselves, grow up without you doing anything.

Actually that's more unrealistic than anything, so your judgemental-ness probably boiled over. "Like what even is this??"
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Whaaa this makes me want to marry Inari even more. Thanks for the replies, everyone! :heart: