Chicken Coop and Barn

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Cookiezi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i bought the big chicken coop and the big Barn for 4 Animals but dont they take a little but too much space? if i use both on my Farm i allmost got no space anymore for other stuff
are there more place efficient ways for keeping more animals??
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Complete the first story request from your dad and your farm will expand (the trees will disappear from entrance on the left side of your farm)
Cookiezi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Awesome thanks! good to know that so i can plan ahead
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Is there a limit to how many barns/coops we can have like other games?
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

i'm not sure if there's a limit to barns/coops, but it looks like there's a limit to animals (61 is the max for all of them put together including pets) but the large barns and coops seriously take up a lot of room. i can't imagine having THAT many since it's 4 to each...
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Yes, the advantage of the large barns (that I can see) is the nesting/breeding function. The small barns don't have the ability to house hatching eggs or pregnant cows, whereas the large ones do but they take up the same amount of room as 4 small barns plus 1 more square of space.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So, some extra interesting things about Barns: Rabbits live there now instead of the Coop, and they must be clipped to drop their wool!

I do hate how much space the big ones take up, but at least you unlock more space fairly quickly.
urd
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Complete the first story request from your dad and your farm will expand (the trees will disappear from entrance on the left side of your farm)
That's great to know! Does anyone maybe remember what the first request is? :oops:
Cookiezi
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

urd wrote:
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:Complete the first story request from your dad and your farm will expand (the trees will disappear from entrance on the left side of your farm)
That's great to know! Does anyone maybe remember what the first request is? :oops:
Yes the first request is to harvest and ship 3 Different crops, Keeping 2 Cows and have ur first house expansion :)
urd
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Cookiezi wrote:Yes the first request is to harvest and ship 3 Different crops, Keeping 2 Cows and have ur first house expansion :)
Thank you! :)
OctavieKnite88
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I saw that rabbits stay in the barn now? That sounds like it's going to end up being pretty crowded. Does that mean you can only have, for example, two cows and then two rabbits in a barn if you decide to have buns? Because if that's the case I don't think I'll be getting rabbits. Only 4 animals per barn again is already bothersome with all of the animal types we have....
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OctavieKnite88 wrote:I saw that rabbits stay in the barn now? That sounds like it's going to end up being pretty crowded. Does that mean you can only have, for example, two cows and then two rabbits in a barn if you decide to have buns? Because if that's the case I don't think I'll be getting rabbits. Only 4 animals per barn again is already bothersome with all of the animal types we have....
At least it is less animals than SoS
Lilia not logged in
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm assuming the dimensions of the barns are as follows:
Small barn: 1x2
Large barn: 2x2

Is that right? I'm trying not to watch any gameplay videos, so I have no idea.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lilia not logged in wrote:I'm assuming the dimensions of the barns are as follows:
Small barn: 1x2
Large barn: 2x2

Is that right? I'm trying not to watch any gameplay videos, so I have no idea.
Small Barn/Coop: 1x2, holds 1 animal.
Large Barn/Coop: 3x3, holds 4 animals, has a birthing area.

If you prefer to buy rather than breed/incubate more livestock, using all small ones seems smarter to me.

There are also aesthetic choices (which probably have no extra effects, just as in SoS1), with the titular Three Towns, many items come in either Western, Tropical, or Japanese styles. Those are just the ones I've seen so far, more might unlock later?
Syvle
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

OctavieKnite88 wrote:I saw that rabbits stay in the barn now? That sounds like it's going to end up being pretty crowded. Does that mean you can only have, for example, two cows and then two rabbits in a barn if you decide to have buns? Because if that's the case I don't think I'll be getting rabbits. Only 4 animals per barn again is already bothersome with all of the animal types we have....
But then, you may be unable to make some stuff if you choose to not having bunnies and thus unable to get their products....

Else, you can also keep only one of each animal kind and feed them treats so that you can get multiple products from them. It doesn't take many treats either until you can get 10 product from one animal, so it's worth the investment and save both stamina, time and space by having less animals to keep. With less livestocks to keep, you don't have to keep and train many pets with herding ability either to get all of them out for some D-vitamin time, in case you like to let your animals out during sunny days like me.