Anyone played the Japanese version? Multiplayer question!

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
SushiFerret
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So, I am having some fun with the Japanese game right now. It's pretty awesome but since I don't speak/read/write Japanese (I only know a few words most of which are ingredients) I use the Google translate app to help. My questions are, in Multiplayer almost everyone seems to give fodder untless they are very far along. Is it because you trade things at the shrine to give you 3 random items of varying value? Also, some people just put stuff on the ground, is it alright to pick it up? Are they just giving that stuff away to whoever picks it up? It's good stuff! I've picked it up a couple of times & not had anyone say anything but I'm not sure if that's just cultural politeness.... thanks for everyone who listened to my rant & I hope someone can help me! If anyone knows a good place where I can find out how to type the words "Hello" & "Thank you" I would be super grateful!
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hello might be a bit difficult-I know of at least 3 greetings, there may be more. :lol: Thank you though in polite form (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong!) is arigatou gozaimasu I believe. Which looks like this in hiragana: ありがとうございます. I haven't played multiplayer yet and my Japanese isn't great either, so I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that that's the politest form (I think we had to use it in reference to my professor a few times, which is what I'm going by...) of thank you. So there's that, at least. :bunny:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

To be polite, I'd just wait a second, in case it's intended for another person. As for "hello" and "thank you" you should just write them in English as most Japanese players will be able to read them just fine!