Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jun 25, 2017 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Are they better than SoS?
Yes, they're so much better! 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
They're just okay. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
No, they should've done better. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
I wouldn't know as I don't have the game. 71%  71%  [ 35 ]
Total votes : 49
Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2016 3:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Since 3oT isn't out in the US yet, and I can't find anything in English, I'm curious. Are these events better written than SoS'?

« signature »
New Wayne set by theboysareback
My 3DS FC is: 2809-8413-3875
Fanfics Tumblr Miivers Deviant-Art

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2016 10:58 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It's already been talked about in the other topic awhile back, but yes the general consensus is that they are much better than SoS.

Since there are so many more of them you learn more about the characters, their pasts and their various relationships with other characters. Also thankfully less heart events based on jealousy which was a huge pet peeve of mine in some of the SoS heart events.

« signature »
❤ Set credit to my trash daughter Nikki

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2016 11:05 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
It's already been talked about in the other topic awhile back, but yes the general consensus is that they are much better than SoS.

Since there are so many more of them you learn more about the characters, their pasts and their various relationships with other characters. Also thankfully less heart events based on jealousy which was a huge pet peeve of mine in some of the SoS heart events.

Yeah the jealousy thing in SoS was a bit annoying, glad to hear that there's less of it in this one.

« signature »

Gothicat
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2016 12:02 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
Also thankfully less heart events based on jealousy which was a huge pet peeve of mine in some of the SoS heart events.

Sweet. Those events were so terrible in SoS they made me give up on Raeger and Nadi. Only Klaus came out of his jealously even looking any good, in my opinion. What was the point of those events when rival marriage isn't even possible now anyways? It's just needless drama when we could be learning more about their past instead.

BigBangBaby
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2016 12:46 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I guess it depends on what you mean by well written. I personally had little issue with the events in SOS, and if it's mostly because of jealousy included in them than you have no worries ^^. The events in 3oT are very enjoyable and you learn more about the marriage candidates than love events from SOS or ANB from them. Since there are friendships events too, you learn a little more about same « Chicken Hugging » candidates too, where previously you had little to do with them event wise. The villager events also, are very fun (some of my favorite involve the children ^^ Sumomo and Alma are just little darlings why can't I keep them <3 .........that probably sounds creepy ^^;). 3oT definitely takes steps forwards in terms of characters and socializing in the game.

« signature »
❈JP FC: 1220-8793-4545❈
❈US FC: 3909-8033-2203❈
Currently playing 3oT
Name: Pascal Farm: Fodra Spouse: Ford
Name: Sorey Farm: Elysia Spouse: Single
Name: スレイ Farm: ベルセリア Spouse: イナリ Kid: パスカル
Name: パスカル Farm: フォドラ Spouse: ワンタタン Kid: ビエンフー

Ronin19
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2016 9:10 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Wow, this all sounds great! I hope that when the next installment comes out they won't backtrack.

« signature »
Currently Playing: Mass Effect 2, Ever Oasis and Ni No Kuni
Last Game: A Wonderful Life Special Edition
Next Game: A lot!

Newest Bokumono Game: Trio of Towns
Story Status: Complete!
Marriage Status: Married to Inari! But will Woofio change my mind?

Fav HM Bachelor: Wizard
Fav RF Bachelor: Dylas
Fav SoS Bachelor: Kamil
Fav HM Bachelorette: Marina
Fav RF Bachelorette: Dolce
Fav SoS Bachelorette: Elise

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2016 12:32 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm getting excited about this now.

« signature »

OctavieKnite88
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2016 8:44 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Having friend events is going to be lovely. I can't wait to learn about everyone's backstories. It'll make up for the lack of town events they had in the last game. After peeking into Ford's events, I have to say that I might actually have taken a bit of a liking to the lad. Not 100% yet, but as mentioned before it seems like everyone's loving the heart events this time around, which is good.

« signature »

HMDS: Jack of Moon Farm, married to Celia
HMDS Cute: Jill of Star Farm, married to Skye
SI: Rique of Sunny Ranch, married to Denny
Grand Bazaar: Hanzel of Sky Farm, married to Antoinette
ToTT: Kimber of Sakura Farm, married to Cam
ANB: Emery of Cloud Ranch, married to Neil
SoS: Zayn of Zephyr Ranch, married to Elise
SoS: Vionne of Karma Ranch, married to Raeger
ToT: Angela of Macaron Farm, married to Luke
AP: Molly of Clarinet Ranch, married to Chase

Andy
Post Posted: Oct 14, 2016 12:05 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I am curious about Inari's events in particular. Did you find them satisfactory or not?

BigBangBaby
Post Posted: Oct 15, 2016 4:58 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Andy wrote:
I am curious about Inari's events in particular. Did you find them satisfactory or not?

I found them to be really adorable. I liked Inari beforehand but their events won me over and I married them in my main file. There is one event in particular that got a good chuckle out of me and solidified my pursuit of them. The down side is that the only have 7 events compared to the others. Plus there is the fact that they will not live with you or have a child, but I have no regrets in marrying them ^o^

Plus a blushing Inari is cuteness overload.
Spoiler:

^blushing during our wedding

« signature »
Currently playing 3oT

gossipstone
Post Posted: Oct 15, 2016 9:32 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

BigBangBaby wrote:
Andy wrote:

I found them to be really adorable. I liked Inari beforehand but their events won me over and I married them in my main file. There is one event in particular that got a good chuckle out of me and solidified my pursuit of them. The down side is that the only have 7 events compared to the others. Plus there is the fact that they will not live with you or have a child, but I have no regrets in marrying them ^o^

Spoiler:

What are they like after marriage? Like do they have dialogue that actually acknowledges your relationship or is it just more of the same?

« signature »
shoutout to strawberrysundae for helping me with my avatar :)

BigBangBaby
Post Posted: Oct 15, 2016 12:43 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

gossipstone wrote:
BigBangBaby wrote:
Andy wrote:

Spoiler:

What are they like after marriage? Like do they have dialogue that actually acknowledges your relationship or is it just more of the same?

Yeah they'll have normal dialogue and affection dialogue, just like other candidates. You will also have those choice of them using a nickname for you.

« signature »
Currently playing 3oT

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 15, 2016 7:34 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

As long as we're asking, anyone seen Wayne's? :D

« signature »

BigBangBaby
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2016 6:02 pm 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Shan O 123 wrote:

I've only seen a few of his (I think only 4, his first one though kind turned me off of him more other than his flirty speech xD) because sadly he is the only marriage candidate I don't like. But that's just because I don't really care for flirty ladies man type with fan clubs. But he is a very popular character from what I've seen from other forums and miiverse. Honestly Cherubae posted her opinion in a different post and I agree with her mostly xD
Cherubae wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Can anyone tell us a bit more about Ludus' and Wayne's respective personalities? Nothing too in depth of, course! It's just that there's only so much I can understand with my limited Japanese knowledge. ;_;

Wayne's a disrespectful dork who treats women like they're his visual playthings. I don't care if there's a "get to know him and he's different" aspect; the guy is written as though he believes he's the best thing to happen to any girl, and that annoys my independent personality :roll:

Lol well maybe I don't hate him that much, but yeah like I said, he's pretty popular so you may like him after seeing all his events ^^

« signature »
Currently playing 3oT

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 17, 2016 6:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

BigBangBaby wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:

I've only seen a few of his (I think only 4, his first one though kind turned me off of him more other than his flirty speech xD) because sadly he is the only marriage candidate I don't like. But that's just because I don't really care for flirty ladies man type with fan clubs. But he is a very popular character from what I've seen from other forums and miiverse. Honestly Cherubae posted her opinion in a different post and I agree with her mostly xD
Cherubae wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
Can anyone tell us a bit more about Ludus' and Wayne's respective personalities? Nothing too in depth of, course! It's just that there's only so much I can understand with my limited Japanese knowledge. ;_;

Wayne's a disrespectful dork who treats women like they're his visual playthings. I don't care if there's a "get to know him and he's different" aspect; the guy is written as though he believes he's the best thing to happen to any girl, and that annoys my independent personality :roll:

Lol well maybe I don't hate him that much, but yeah like I said, he's pretty popular so you may like him after seeing all his events ^^

The flirting thing doesn't bother me as much, so, looking forward to his events.

« signature »

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next