XSEED Games Localization Blog Discussion

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Localization Blogs
  • December 9th, 2016
    Localization Blog #1:
  • December 27th, 2016
    Localization Blog #2:
  • January 20th, 2017
    Localization Blog #3:
  • February 10th, 2017
    Localization Blog #4:
    Bachelorette Previews
  • February 17th, 2017
    Localization Blog #5:
    Bachelor Previews
  • February 24th, 2017
    Localization Blog #6:
    DLC Confirmed!
Other Blogs
  • February 3rd, 2017
    About DLC:

Here's my initial message in response to #1 for thread continuity sake:
The stylized font text they chose is extremely easy to read.

Rescht/Lisette is Lisette now! (Dragon Quest VII has a character named Lisette as well. Year of Lisette!)

Hawaiian influences chosen to represent Lulukoko. (With Pokémon Sun/Moon shoutout.)

Keeping Tsuyukusa "Japanese" without gutting the dialogue.
- the sample chosen is actually something I learned in an elementary school English class (during a section when we were learning poetry), so it felt really real to me that an elementary teacher would say that.

Anyone else read it and have thoughts they'd like to share?
Last edited by Arcy on Feb 24, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
GemiMini
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Lisette!!!!!! I was really hoping it'd be Lisette instead of Carolina. Seems like she might speak with a southern accent too? Or maybe I'm reading too much into the "lookin'". It would make sense for her, considering Westown's theme.

That font's a pretty major difference from SoS's. As long as it's readable I don't really care that much, though.

Iluka's dialogue in her screenshot is amazing, omg.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

At least it's readable. Yay I'm happy!
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everything sounds wonderful! Very happy they are keeping Lisette's name as is.

Most happy about them translating the in-game Lulukoko language greetings into Hawaiian since it keeps the original feeling of it.
Nightlight
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yup, I was pretty sure they'd keep Lisette's name. The only real reason they were going to change it in the first place was that they didn't think there was a rose out there with the name "Lisette" in it, so once it was pointed out that there was a rose called "Petite Lisette" changing it became pointless.
Well that, and there was the slight possibility that the name could've meant something bad in Dutch, but that concern turned out to be unfounded.
I would have been fine if they did change her name as I'm usually pretty lax when it comes to dub name changes so long as it doesn't mess with the lore/backstory of the character, but it would have been pointless to do so and, if it's pointless, it's probably best to just not do it at all :).

Iluka: "Oh. It's just you. Dang, I accidentally gave you my best customer service smile."
Oh my « Harvest Goddess », Iluka I love you! :lol:.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Loving the Iluka comments, since that was something that caught my eye as well. If she's snarky enough, I'll definitely be playing a boy file to marry her. Love girls who don't just swoon because "omg the MC of the game/anime/manga/story".

Also, not really a spoiler, but Lulukoko wedding outfits are the best and purple is my favorite color so I was already leaning that way.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I was really hoping they'd discuss whether they were going to still go with "Vixie" for Inari.

I don't see why they have to change it, Inari is a perfectly good name and Vixie just has...certain overtones.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So, any estimates as to when they'll release in NA?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:So, any estimates as to when they'll release in NA?
Late February? At least that's what I'm hoping for. I'll be fair here and change it to April. Lol.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

irulethegalaxy wrote:I was really hoping they'd discuss whether they were going to still go with "Vixie" for Inari.

I don't see why they have to change it, Inari is a perfectly good name and Vixie just has...certain overtones.
I know this was brought up with one of the team in a name thread a couple months ago, and I don't think anything definitive was said on it, but the overall impression I got was that Inari would stay the same. I wouldn't be surprised if they did keep it, since Lisette's name is now confirmed, and that was another big thing people wanted.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I've been looking out to these localization blogs for ages and it's finally here. So far, I like the font that they currently chosen. Much easier to read than before. XD

I hope we could hear the release date soon but they did aay that there were lots of text to translate.
Mei_is_me
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

So it's from here

This is all the stuff it mentions about how certain things are translated.

Westown
Frank

Westown’s two bachelors are Wayne, the postman, and Ford, the doctor.

Lisette

Lulukoko Village

Lulucoco's gibberish language is now Hawaain.

Iluka and Siluka

Tsuyukusa Town

Ginjiro and Komari run Tea-ful Reunion together.

Kasumi
---
I know that it doesn't really matter, but am I the only one who thinks that the font looks a bit ugly?
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I don't like the font either. It's very blah and typical. Reminds me of old computer games. Like windows 95 games I played on my first computer.
Aava
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I don't like the font that much either. It's okay?
I personally don't understand the comments about it being easier to read, honestly my eyes don't seem to want to focus on it as much as the last Story of Seasons.
Leonna
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Popping in real quick to give my 2 cents about the font that might or might not be cared about:

I work as a graphic designer and wowie those fonts are actually really bothering me! x.x'
The letter spacing within the words themselves seems a bit tight, as some letters are touching/very close to touching each other. Yet at certain places such as a space after a period or comma seem unusually looser. That the body font would be a slight degree of Bold is also an odd choice... and yes, being picky about font appearances is sort of in my job description! Like I am aware that certain things need to be done to make fonts fit within a certain given text frame, but there are ways to do that without giving such a cramped feel!

Okay, sorry, leaving now! ^^;