Having Town Reputation Locked?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

The new town reputation, or town ranks, seems to be locked on Westown? I have unlocked all three towns, and Westown is almost at rank C, but it is locked now? I have Lulukoko Village halfway to rank C, and Tsuyukusa is newly at rank D. I had both Westown and Lulukoko Village locked for a short time, but Lulukoko Village reopened the next day. Westown has been locked for a few in-game weeks now though. Why do towns lock? And how do you unlock them? I really want to start buying Maple Branches which unlock in rank C but cannot yet...
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I think that means you need to basically do a quest to proceed; I think they are pretty easy to stumble onto if you head into the town during "business" hours.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Oh OK! Based on that I know what I need to do now, I have to bring 10 Lumber and 10 Small Lumber to fix the bridge I think? Thank you :)
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:Oh OK! Based on that I know what I need to do now, I have to bring 10 Lumber and 10 Small Lumber to fix the bridge I think? Thank you :)
If I am remembering correctly, that's it :). When the lock comes up you'll do small (generally very easy) quests to make improvements in the town. I think later on it also opens up shortcuts between the towns, unless those are unrelated LOL. (I don't read Japanese, so I simply assumed that they were related. If they aren't, I am sure someone will know and correct me!)