Your In-Game Plans For Trio Of Towns

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I'm a furry so Inari or Woofio for me.

I'm probably just going to gift all the dudes and base who I marry off their heart events. I used to plan all this out beforehand but now I'm just lazy, haha. Tradition states that my farm be named Hope though.
Lon Lon
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Only thing set in stone is that I'll be playing as a girl. Everything else is subject to change because I know there's a good chance my thoughts on marriage candidates will change once I play. I would prefer to have a daughter because the son's hair is a little weird to me.

Never know what I'll do with farming, will probably try raising at least one of each animal, a few of each kind of crop, and then whatever is easiest/will get me a bunch of money like flax in SoS.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

GemiMini wrote:And I'm probably gonna go for a female child because I will never stop laughing at the rocket-haired male child.
Haha while my first impression of the hair was that it was awful, I'm starting to think that it would probably look a lot better IRL. The drawing might just be unflattering. Because it could just be seen as an undercut, which looks cute on other characters.
Like in Ghibli:
Spoiler:
autumnbeauty
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I haven't yet planned it out but I know that I want to marry either Yuzuki or Ludus. Inari looks really interesting so I might see what his personality is like before I make my mind up.
For the girl file I was thinking of marrying Siluka/Iluka, Kasumi or Inami, they're all so cute! :heart:
As for my farm plans I haven't the foggiest. I know I want to have lots of crops growing, I love crop farming :lol:
I also don't mind what gender of child I get, I'll just have to google names that I think fit with the picture...
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

All I know is I'll be marrying Wayne. And my name will be Shan again since my name's too long by a letter lol.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:All I know is I'll be marrying Wayne. And my name will be Shan again since my name's too long by a letter lol.
I don't think I've ever used my own name for a character. I usually make one up to match my headcanon for their personality. Gives it more replayability for me as well.
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Usually I play a female file first and mostly just wing it, then switch to a male file later. I'm not sure on bachelors yet but on my male file I'm either going for Komari or Iluka. Possibly Lisette, we shall see. I'm pretty undecided tbh. My name I'll probably either use Rose or roll something random because I never use my actual first name, I hate it.
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:I will NOT be raising chickens... They are terrible in this game.

how are chickens terrible in this game compared to other SoS games?
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

hanajimaismycat wrote:
Starmytes wrote:I will NOT be raising chickens... They are terrible in this game.

I find them a lot more temperamental this game... I fill up the food trays to have 7 food each, so by the next day they have 3 to 4 food in each tray (based on the size of the piles remaining). However, the chickens will complain about wanting food, and get angry, rather than just walking over and eating the food. You can lead a chicken to food, but you can't make it eat. Lol I don't have this issue with the cows and sheep, they actually go over and eat their food when they say they are hungry. :P
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:
hanajimaismycat wrote:

I find them a lot more temperamental this game... I fill up the food trays to have 7 food each, so by the next day they have 3 to 4 food in each tray (based on the size of the piles remaining). However, the chickens will complain about wanting food, and get angry, rather than just walking over and eating the food. You can lead a chicken to food, but you can't make it eat. Lol I don't have this issue with the cows and sheep, they actually go over and eat their food when they say they are hungry. :P

fair enough, just curious :)
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Starmytes wrote:
hanajimaismycat wrote:

I vaguely remember having this issue and then realized that each chicken is assigned a box. So if you've got a 4 animal coop and let's say 2 chickens, you can't just put the feed in any old box-you have to look for the one that has your chicken's name on it. I don't know if that'll help or not, but I figured I'd mention it.
SakunoHaru

Post  Posted:

my main file will marry Yuzuki, im gonna make japanese style farm house after past two games i choose western style, for the farmers name still undecided, i want to choose japanese names tbh... for the farm i will choose only have 2 each animals like what i do in SoS ( 1 for normal product, other for great/gold product ) i still choose cat for my primary pet while the others are farm helpers , the new pets not really interest me, the capybara is a cutie tho

tbh i dont quite like the children design in 3oT, but i already decided a name for her (i choose daughter) her name will be Mikan
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I haven't decided who I am going to marry yet. I will wait until I have seen all the events to make a decision.

I'm planning on having only one of each animal, since in this game they can give both normal and great products at the same time (I will give them the specific food and treats until I get to the level where they give 50% of each kind), although I will probably get two of some just to fill the barn, i.e., I'm planning to have a barn for those animals which only give milk, but since there are only 3 types (normal cow, jersey cow and buffalo) and the big barn has space for 4, I will fill the empty slot with the classic harvest moon cow.

I'm playing leisurely, focusing on a few crops each season, and I only have one cow and a chicken, instead of trying to max the stats of everything as soon as I can get it, and, unlike in SOS, where I tried to unlock all vendors as soon as possible, I'm not making a real effort to improve the ranks of the different towns (apart from setting the shipping box to a specific town, I'm just playing normally). I'm in the middle of fall of 1st year, and I got Westown to rank B while Tsuyukusa and Lulukoko are rank D. I also finished the second set of quests your father sends you.

My short-term goals are to focus a bit on Tsuyukusa town to rise its rank to C, since I want to be able to build the improved version of fields, and to rise the friendship with the wild animals, so that I can forget about them.
Starmytes
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Autumn_Song wrote:
Starmytes wrote:
hanajimaismycat wrote:

I vaguely remember having this issue and then realized that each chicken is assigned a box. So if you've got a 4 animal coop and let's say 2 chickens, you can't just put the feed in any old box-you have to look for the one that has your chicken's name on it. I don't know if that'll help or not, but I figured I'd mention it.
Yeah I noticed this with the cows and sheep, they will each go to their own feeding box and not anyone else's. I ever get to see the chickens eat however, because even when each box (I have 4 chickens and 4 boxes with 3-4 food each) they just complain and don't go to eat the food that is sitting their in their box. I'm just bias against chickens now. <.<
Musashi wrote:I haven't decided who I am going to marry yet. I will wait until I have seen all the events to make a decision.

I'm planning on having only one of each animal, since in this game they can give both normal and great products at the same time (I will give them the specific food and treats until I get to the level where they give 50% of each kind), although I will probably get two of some just to fill the barn, i.e., I'm planning to have a barn for those animals which only give milk, but since there are only 3 types (normal cow, jersey cow and buffalo) and the big barn has space for 4, I will fill the empty slot with the classic harvest moon cow.

I'm playing leisurely, focusing on a few crops each season, and I only have one cow and a chicken, instead of trying to max the stats of everything as soon as I can get it, and, unlike in SOS, where I tried to unlock all vendors as soon as possible, I'm not making a real effort to improve the ranks of the different towns (apart from setting the shipping box to a specific town, I'm just playing normally). I'm in the middle of fall of 1st year, and I got Westown to rank B while Tsuyukusa and Lulukoko are rank D. I also finished the second set of quests your father sends you.

My short-term goals are to focus a bit on Tsuyukusa town to rise its rank to C, since I want to be able to build the improved version of fields, and to rise the friendship with the wild animals, so that I can forget about them.
Really? I didn't know you could go 50/50 with normal and great quality products! I have feed feeding my animals the pink treats since they increase the quality of goods to great products. I'll have to try and see how much each treat in this game increases your stats, and how many are required for full productivity. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought of a cool idea, I'll have a Western, Japanese, and Hawaiian save file all as female characters. The bachelors will be Wayne, Yuzuki, and Ludus. The farm will be decorated with the style matching the save file, and the main article of clothing on the player will also match the style of the save file. And, the types of crops and animals grown on the farm will have to match as well. There will also be a "special" save file for a male player who marries Inari (girl) and gets the magical baby. Hehe
Musashi
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

@Starmytes The amount of great products you can get depends on the rank of 副産物レベル (the parameter above the birth date of your animal, to the left). The rank depends on a hidden numerical value, which goes between 0 and 1000. It starts at 0. The right treats and food rise this value by 10 (plus a bonus of +5 if the personality is かっぱつ, i.e., 15 per treat/food). The higher the rank, the higher the probability for a normal product to become great. If it reaches 1000, the rank is S, and you only get great products. But if the value is 901-999, the rank A, according to this wiki, the percentage of great products you get is about 50%.

Except the wiki part, the information comes from the official guide book.

For completeness (this also true for 毛並):

0-350 E
351-500 D
501-700 C
701-900 B
901-999 A
1000 S