How much farmland do you get? and rivers?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
modernmorphling
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I wonder if the game allows players to have space for at least 1 of all the crops, fruit trees, livestock, and pets. As well with enough room for all the farm related buildings on your farm property.

Are there any rivers or fishing areas on your farmland?
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You unlock multiple areas to farm in as you progress the story. There is a place to fish on the second map.

Area 1:

Area 2:

Area 3:

(I'm not sure who these photos were taken by as they're deleted from the original source, I was able to find archived versions from Google Image Search, please forgive my rehosting them. Thank you!)

Also, there are underground greenhouse/caves:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like the underground. Or course, IRL you could never grow anything without grow-lights (or an opening to let lots of sunlight through) but still...it looks neat. Ooh, and a mining spot, too. I wonder what I'll end up growing, down there.

And you get your own fishing spot. That makes me think of the fishing spot you have on your main farm area in ANB. Is there a fishing or bug-catching festival in Trio, like in most games previous to this?
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I like the underground. Or course, IRL you could never grow anything without grow-lights (or an opening to let lots of sunlight through) but still...it looks neat. Ooh, and a mining spot, too. I wonder what I'll end up growing, down there.

And you get your own fishing spot. That makes me think of the fishing spot you have on your main farm area in ANB. Is there a fishing or bug-catching festival in Trio, like in most games previous to this?
Fishing Festival, yes. Bug catching in this game is... different. You don't catch bugs, you kind of catch-and-release them for Dessie for some reason I never figured out. I think she gives you presents at certain intervals of catching bugs.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never liked catching bugs anyway, too bad they changed it though.
BigBangBaby
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Arcy wrote: Fishing Festival, yes. Bug catching in this game is... different. You don't catch bugs, you kind of catch-and-release them for Dessie for some reason I never figured out. I think she gives you presents at certain intervals of catching bugs.
Yeah she pops up in front of you when you leave your house after catching so many bugs and gives you a gift ^^
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So a little like when she gave you gifts for throwing so many carrots (or whatever...I always threw carrots) into the pond for her?

I'm glad bug-catching is mostly gone. It was never my favourite thing to do, and in SoS it was so hard to tell when the bug was even in range to be grabbed.
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I think the suns you place are the light source. Hence why they have one for each season. Well that's my theory anyway. I'm looking forward to having all that farm space. :)
Linear
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Meh... At first replaying Anb I thought, aw they're taking bug catching out in new sos that's sad... But then I kept playing Anb and remember how boring catching bugs is, if it was like Animal crossing it would be more missed...At it was it was more like....Foregeables that slightly move....Slightly.