* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 22, 2017 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Jelly Jello
  Post subject: English Release Questions
Post Posted: Dec 19, 2016 7:29 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Hello Guys I have a question, If the english version gets released will the updates be included or not?

Cherubae
Post Posted: Dec 19, 2016 7:34 pm 
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

I would guess the bug fixes would be included in the English version without the need for the updates, but whether the rest of the feature are included is up to XSeed to determine. There hasn't been any official statement confirming if Hamtaro will be in the game, whether Sephanie and Woofio are available without an additional download, and so on.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 9:59 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hopes for the best I guess?

« signature »
3oT icon from XSEED website, I just resized it, Signature I personally made from scratch.
My 3DS FC is: 2809-8413-3875
Fanfics Tumblr Miivers

Terra575
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 2:10 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I like to think they'd include all of the updates in the English version, it would be strange to leave them out.

« signature »

gossipstone
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 2:42 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Terra575 wrote:
I like to think they'd include all of the updates in the English version, it would be strange to leave them out.

I kind of think the same thing too, but the updates mostly have to do with added dialogue (meaning more to translate), and there have been a fair few since launch. It all depends on how many translators they have working and how much dialogue has actually been added in.

I'm curious to see how future content updates (in the form of events) will be handled.

Terra575
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 2:55 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

True, nothing is guaranteed. HM games have differed between translation versions before, so it could definitely happen agian. The most annoying change that comes to mind is the price of the town cottage in FoMT, but HMDS had some disappointing changes too.

« signature »

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Dec 20, 2016 5:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Considering that xseed is a part of (in some form) of Marv and they communicate and translating/localizing is done in-house, im sure they probably had an idea that they're would be updates/dlc and planned accordingly. Translation will take extra time, but considering how they work I just feel like they'd rather wait for release longer to release the whole package versus translate/update as they go.

Can't 100% confirm obv but I figure itd be easier to just wait and release the game with the updated content already on, versus spread it out. But I'm not a game localized sooooo. Hope for the best

« signature »
Lovely set made by UoT user FoolishGhoul. Icon by mieudiary on tumblr. Signature by sayuuhiro on tumblr.

Autumn_Song
Post Posted: Dec 21, 2016 6:09 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Blue Rose wrote:
Considering that xseed is a part of (in some form) of Marv and they communicate and translating/localizing is done in-house, im sure they probably had an idea that they're would be updates/dlc and planned accordingly. Translation will take extra time, but considering how they work I just feel like they'd rather wait for release longer to release the whole package versus translate/update as they go.

Can't 100% confirm obv but I figure itd be easier to just wait and release the game with the updated content already on, versus spread it out. But I'm not a game localized sooooo. Hope for the best

The only reason I can see them deciding to release and translate as they go is if more and more DLC comes out and at a point they're like, well « Cow Poopoo » this'll never go out at this rate. :shock: Otherwise I'd agree they'd probably try their bests to do it in one big package.

« signature »
3DS FC: 1521-6222-0451
Ask me for my ANB info :bunny:
My SoS is:
Rose from Gaia Farm
Willow from Heath Farm

MageDragonfire
Post Posted: Dec 22, 2016 11:35 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Autumn_Song wrote:
The only reason I can see them deciding to release and translate as they go is if more and more DLC comes out and at a point they're like, well « Cow Poopoo » this'll never go out at this rate. :shock: Otherwise I'd agree they'd probably try their bests to do it in one big package.

Really, it depends on how they approach it, and the timing involved in going gold/manufacturing/etc. Sometimes, English DLC/updates will still be released some time after the initial release of the game, even if the DLC was already available in Japan months before the English game release (Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a recent example where this happened).

I don't think we'll know until we have more information from the localisation team!

« signature »
3DS Friends: 2707-1948-7429

Autumn_Song
Post Posted: Dec 22, 2016 1:16 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

MageDragonfire wrote:
Autumn_Song wrote:

Really, it depends on how they approach it, and the timing involved in going gold/manufacturing/etc. Sometimes, English DLC/updates will still be released some time after the initial release of the game, even if the DLC was already available in Japan months before the English game release (Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice is a recent example where this happened).

I don't think we'll know until we have more information from the localisation team!

Exactly, we just gotta wait. Anyways I'd rather it take longer and get less weird translation errors than have them speed it up and end up with a LOT of them.

« signature »
3DS FC: 1521-6222-0451
Ask me for my ANB info :bunny:
My SoS is:
Rose from Gaia Farm
Willow from Heath Farm