Character 'moods' (and heart/flower levels)

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
PokeFarmer
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm in my teens... SCHOOL. *bangs head on wall* *yawns* I had no sleep...
And I think it's nice that they're adding these 'moods'. It makes the characters more... lively. All the HM characters before Trio are seeming kinda bland now. I better go on ToTT now before my hubby Ash turns bland! :shock:
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

VictaGirl wrote:I really like this feature. Talking about age, I am probably the oldest one. I am 52, can you believe that. I don't, feels like 22. And my kids do not want to play this games. I am really glad to have this forum. I prefer to have all possible information before I play, including spoilers. Cannot wait to get the game. :(

I wish I could play with my mom. She used to play things like Sim City and Zoo Tycoon, so games where she's managing reasources were her favorite. I'm not sure if she would have liked harvest moon or not. We lived on a farm. I remember dad complaining that we had the real thing outside and should stop playing HM. My sister and I both thought "We don't have boyfriends outside." It's not something you tell your dad. :oops:
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This mood feature is so cool, now I wish the other games had it! Makes each day a bit more interesting.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ooohhh I didn't know about this, I like it a lot. I've always wanted them to do something like this because I know personally, how i behave on a day to day basis revolves A LOT around my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I won't want to talk to anyone and will basically hide home all day unless I have work or something. Good mood and I'm a lot more social, joke around a lot, want to do stuff, etc. So I'm glad they implemented this feature, it'll be nice not having everyone be happy and sunshine and rainbows all day every day.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:Ooohhh I didn't know about this, I like it a lot. I've always wanted them to do something like this because I know personally, how i behave on a day to day basis revolves A LOT around my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I won't want to talk to anyone and will basically hide home all day unless I have work or something. Good mood and I'm a lot more social, joke around a lot, want to do stuff, etc. So I'm glad they implemented this feature, it'll be nice not having everyone be happy and sunshine and rainbows all day every day.

See I personally dislike it for the same reason, or at least a similar one. It's hard enough dealing with my IRL issues that heavily affect my mood without having to worry about a bunch of video game characters moods.

IDK I play these games to unwind not worry about this kind of stuff. Ah well. Can't win 'em all.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:It's hard enough dealing with my IRL issues that heavily affect my mood without having to worry about a bunch of video game characters moods.
It probably won't be very noticeable, since Musashi has been playing all this time and hadn't released that moods even existed in the game. I think they're mostly noticeable when you click the 'quick greet' button and not otherwise, except that you get an extra line of dialogue if you lift their mood by showing them a pet or giving them a loved gift.

Can't wait to see for myself how it plays out, though.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

All these little tidbits makes the wait quite hard. I'm glad they have thses moods, it makes the game more realistic.

I really can't wait for the game to come out!
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
FoolishGhoul wrote:Ooohhh I didn't know about this, I like it a lot. I've always wanted them to do something like this because I know personally, how i behave on a day to day basis revolves A LOT around my mood. If I'm in a bad mood, I won't want to talk to anyone and will basically hide home all day unless I have work or something. Good mood and I'm a lot more social, joke around a lot, want to do stuff, etc. So I'm glad they implemented this feature, it'll be nice not having everyone be happy and sunshine and rainbows all day every day.

See I personally dislike it for the same reason, or at least a similar one. It's hard enough dealing with my IRL issues that heavily affect my mood without having to worry about a bunch of video game characters moods.

IDK I play these games to unwind not worry about this kind of stuff. Ah well. Can't win 'em all.
lol I highly doubt they're going to make the characters as drastic as my irl comparison to myself. I don't think they're going to have a character tell you to « Snuggly Bunny » off because they're having a bad day. I'm assuming it'll be something more subtle like "oh I'm not feeling well today" and then after that the dialogue is relatively the same as it normally is. According to multiple friends of mine that have played the game in Japanese already, it's not very noticeable so I wouldn't really worry about it much
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Who knows what goes on when the mc isn't around. :P
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:^
Who knows what goes on when the mc isn't around. :P
Exactly! It's nice that they hint to things going on when we aren't there. The universe doesn't revolve around the MC anymore. NPCs have lives!
imnotabanana
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote: According to multiple friends of mine that have played the game in Japanese already, it's not very noticeable so I wouldn't really worry about it much
That's a relief ^^ Harvest Moon is usually 'we are good friends because I give a lot of items that they like so we are cool' :lol: