Pre-order & Shipping Discussion

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.

Have you or will you be pre-ordering?

You may select 1 option

View results

RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Figured I'd make a thread since some of us Canadian residents got updates from Amazon.ca that we may not be getting the game until ~7th (estimate) soooo yeah. If you're in Canada and pre-ordering from Amazon, are you going to keep the order if it's late? Switch retailers? Deal with it?

For everyone else, have you pre-ordered? From what retailer?

I'll change the title to shipping discussion when orders start shipping :D

Edit:

For those who are buying the game in the US from Amazon.com and are worried about the updated May release date, fear not! It's still February 28th, straight from XSEED's mouth
Arcy wrote:http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/index.p ... ost-941004
Calros wrote:Yeah, I don't know what's causing that, but hopefully it should be corrected soon. The release date hasn't changed.
Thanks for pointing it out!
It's a glitch on Amazon's side, if anything.
irulethegalaxy
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I need more than one option to reply to this poll, at least as things currently stand LOL.
hanajimaismycat
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

ebgames, as of just a few minutes ago it still shows 02/28//17 so they should be shipping late on the 27th and I'll have it by 10am ish? on the 28th
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I know you already know this, Kirie, but for others...

I preordered on Amazon.ca and just yesterday got the same shipping estimation update most other people probably did...they say they'll ship on March 3 and that I should expect to receive my game March 7 to 9. (That even though I have 'express' shipping on it which is flat out 2 days, not 4 to 6.)

When I ordered, the Trio of Towns product page on Amazon.ca told me that as a Prime member I would get not only the discount, but also free release-day delivery (as long as you qualify).

That was cropped directly off the Trio of Towns page. So I contacted Amazon.ca and asked them if it was REALLY going to ship that late. This is the key part of the response I got from them:
Suraj of Amazon.ca Customer Service wrote:The estimated date is just an estimation from the fulfillment center. You will receive an updated notification regarding the delivery dates once the item is shipped. I can confirm that you will receive you order within a couple of days after the release date, perhaps much sooner.

To help you more, I have notified our shipping department regarding your order so that corrective actions will be made to ship your order soon.
So according to the customer service department, I'll either get my game on release day or just a day or two after, but I honestly don't know, now. However, I'll almost definitely end up buying two copies anyway, so if the game does NOT get to me on release day I will just buy it digitally and either give my hard copy to my baby sis so she can try it to see if she likes it...or I'll just keep it for my secondary copy.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Amazon. Will get a Notification when it'll ship. I'm in the US
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

preordered by exploiting my mom's amazon prime. hopefully i'll get it before or during spring break. i live in the USA
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That's... really odd, Kikki! I preordered mine from Amazon.ca as well, and I haven't heard a word from them regarding late shipping. I don't necessarily expect to get the game until a couple of days after release anyways (which is fine with me; I don't ever plan on playing games on release days), since sometimes even Prime shipping can hold things up if they don't have the game in their fulfillment centres until the actual release date, but the game still says it's arriving Feb 28th on the main page.

I wonder if the e-mails going out are dependent on when you preordered, or which fulfillment centre you're nearest to? (I'm in the Vancouver area, for the record.)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, the fact that amazon.ca's page is still promising release-day delivery and also still saying that the release day is Feb 28, it WAS odd to get a shipping estimate a week or a little more after release. That's why I sent them an email asking if that was true. By what the rep told me, it's not, necessarily. They seemed to think I would get my game either on release day or at least only a couple days after, NOT 7 to 9.

But I haven't really had any impressive dealings with Prime so far, so I don't know. I just haven't found Prime to be any more reliable for 'release day' stuff than regular non-Prime service. The best part is the decent (20%) discount on all pre-order and newly-released games.

Meh. It's slightly upsetting to be in limbo about it, but if they don't live up to my expectations I'll just go digital on release day since I'm pretty sure I'm going to need two copies anyway. Can't decide if I should cancel Prime (I still have a few days of trial period) or just go through with it since I do order a LOT from Amazon.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I preordered mine on Amazon using my parents' Prime account. I live in the US.

As far as Amazon.ca goes, I'm not sure if you could really complain or not seeing as they gave you advance warning, but when the Lucas amiibo was released and they suddenly weren't able to ship mine, I got a gift card from them lol. Either way, it's disappointing that they would fall through on that with Prime and all. :/
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

When I emailed to ask them if their estimate was for real, after I checked again I had gotten another substantial discount on my game on top of the -20% you always get on pre-order/new release games. I don't know if that was an error, or a 'stop fretting, see, we're great! You love us, right?" placatory additional discount. If it was, then that's nice of them and all, but all I really care about is getting the game the second I can. So if I won't be, I'll be buying it digitally and doing as I said above with my 'extra' copy. (I'd be happy if I could get my sister to play. It'd be worth the price of a second copy.)
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Amazon and also live in US.
Got an Amazon gift card from MiL for Christmas so that's how I could get it. Since it's hub's account not sure what it says about the date currently.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:When I emailed to ask them if their estimate was for real, after I checked again I had gotten another substantial discount on my game on top of the -20% you always get on pre-order/new release games. I don't know if that was an error, or a 'stop fretting, see, we're great! You love us, right?" placatory additional discount. If it was, then that's nice of them and all, but all I really care about is getting the game the second I can. So if I won't be, I'll be buying it digitally and doing as I said above with my 'extra' copy. (I'd be happy if I could get my sister to play. It'd be worth the price of a second copy.)
Ah, yeah, I would say that's probably what the discount is. Hopefully they're just being extra cautious and the game will come on time, but it'd be very disappointing if it didn't.
BKero
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I ordered my copy from my local Gamestop and paid it off back in October lol. I have afternoon classes so I can stop by and pick it up when they open. I'm also considering buying a digital copy if they release the DLC to marry Woofio on another file.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Preordered from VGP, mainly cos is the shop that offers the lowest shipping to Europe and have the plushie :)
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I preordered two physical copies through Amazon, but I'm thinking of canceling one and putting it through GameStop instead, because Amazon seems to have their heads up their collective butts.