The romantic transcripts topic currently updating!

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote: side note: i can take screenshots with my 3ds without miiverse. im pretty busy these days but if anyone is curious about something specific i can probably get it for you! i've recently picked up 3oT again. i think almost everything has been covered, though, pretty much.
I'm so jealous. Miiverse was my only way to get quality screenshots. :(
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

it really does stink that they're taking it away. admittedly i never used it much for it's real purpose, and instead it was just my way of screenshotting games for awhile, but i still thought it was used a decent amount. at least the switch has a dedicated screenshot button.

(MIIVERSE WAS SO ANNOYING TO USE THOUGH, it made taking screenshots about a million times longer than it should have)
Bexie
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:
Bexie wrote: I always snort a bit whenever I see your bf/gf in game call you their "lover" or someone in town says "I hear you have a lover now" because... well, "lover" just means you're sleeping with that person. It doesn't necessarily imply a relationship. :lol:
I dunno if that's just a cultural word difference or not but... yeah.
interesting. i don't associate that word like that (when would you talk about someone you were sleeping with in normal conversation that you don't explicitly refer to them as a friend with benefits?) but it's probably just a regional thing haha. i think koibito is usually translated as lover, i can't think of anything else you'd use in that case? "significant other" sounds very stilted. sweetheart is cute, but makes me think of the 50s or something lol.
We use "friend with benefits" too, but yeah "lover" doesn't imply a relationship. I guess it's more of an old-fashioned term. Like say I've come across it in history books and the like where it may say "X was known for taking many different lovers". Or you may come across it in gossipy articles about celebrities where they say "Is X going behind his wife's back with a secret lover?", that sort of thing. So it also kinda implies infidelity. :lol:

It does seem to be a difference between US and UK English, the Cambridge dictionary website has definitions for both:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/lover

The UK definition refers to it as simply a physical relationship outside of marriage, while the US one refers to it as a physical or romantic one.

I dunno, they take out He-Man references for Europe but leave in words that for us make it sound like you're just boinking rather than actually dating...
Priorities xD
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bexie wrote:We use "friend with benefits" too, but yeah "lover" doesn't imply a relationship. I guess it's more of an old-fashioned term. Like say I've come across it in history books and the like where it may say "X was known for taking many different lovers". Or you may come across it in gossipy articles about celebrities where they say "Is X going behind his wife's back with a secret lover?", that sort of thing. So it also kinda implies infidelity. :lol:

It does seem to be a difference between US and UK English, the Cambridge dictionary website has definitions for both:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/lover

The UK definition refers to it as simply a physical relationship outside of marriage, while the US one refers to it as a physical or romantic one.
Yeah, I usually go with the romantic connotation. I use the Oxford English Dictionary for absolutely everything and it says "a 'physical' or romantic relationship outside of marriage." I never thought of a word like that as regional though. Interesting. The more you know!
Bexie wrote:I dunno, they take out He-Man references for Europe but leave in words that for us make it sound like you're just boinking rather than actually dating...
Priorities xD
BOINKING! LOL :lol:
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Well, Miiverse's closure means there's gonna be a ton of broken screenshots in this thread. I'll do my best to salvage the pics I took and upload them to Imgur. Although if all else fails, we still have the text dump.

(Speaking of which, do we know if anyone plans on dumping the text for the DLC candidates/events?)
Stepheroo wrote:UPDATE: I’m dating Ford but Inari is so funny and cute!!! Does anyone know if this dialogue appears if you play as a guy?
Spoiler:
It does, with "girlfriend" getting replaced with "boyfriend."
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I......I can try to do Stephanie since I’m planning on playing as a guy in some point.

I’ll get what I can without Miivers :/
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Yeah I’m disappointed as heck because Miiverse is ending before I can get cute screenies of my farmer’s marriage. I got the game too late I guess. :( Nintendo lives to thwart me though! *shakes fist in air

The Ninja wrote:
Stepheroo wrote:UPDATE: I’m dating Ford but Inari is so funny and cute!!! Does anyone know if this dialogue appears if you play as a guy?
Spoiler:
It does, with "girlfriend" getting replaced with "boyfriend."
Awesome, because they might be my girlfriend in my second file. They’re too precious for this world, or any world. But my first file at this point is either Ford or Hinata, I think. D’oh.

If anything, Inari is still my bff in both files lol. Gosh, these characters are so great. They’re all so fun and I love to see how they’re doing!
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

The Ninja wrote:Well, Miiverse's closure means there's gonna be a ton of broken screenshots in this thread. I'll do my best to salvage the pics I took and upload them to Imgur. Although if all else fails, we still have the text dump.
Thank goodness I saved 1200+ screenshots from miiverse to my phone, and onto Imgur. :lol:

The ironic part is that I just triggered a new "love" event with my family in the game, but I'm pretty sure it's too late to bother saving the screenshots onto miiverse now. I might just do it the old fashioned way, and write out the text instead.
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:I might just do it the old fashioned way, and write out the text instead.
Transcribing events word by word is for the literate! I’m against it! :!:

No, but really, being unable to see my cuties blush at things in screenshots will be disappointing. Will just have to look at alternatives, I guess. And it’s not like my phone doesn’t take pretty decent pics. I’m just difficult. Lol.
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Err... I guess Miiverse closing didn't break any images after all? It seems that way, at least. I mean, it sucks we can't use Miiverse to take pics anymore, but at least it's better than nothing.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They are letting people download their post history, which they say will take a few weeks for you to even get your email. The pictures must continue to exist at least until then to give people a chance to download them...everything will probably continue to exist for another month or two, and then they will probably disappear completely.
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Went to my second Goddess Festival and...

Ford was extra adorable, ugh. Hit me with that sweetness. :heart:
(Was tempted to dance with Colin since I danced with Noel last time, but glad I went with Ford to see this dialogue because I assume I’ll be married by the next one.)
Spoiler:
And yes, I did finally hit that red flower status. :lala:
Spoiler:
And Frank knows what I did during my midterms. @ me next time, Frank. :roll:
Spoiler:
————— CW: Infidelity (but not really) under the cut —————

P.S. For all you “Wayne cheating on me with Carrie” conspiracy theorists I see on the Internet, lmao. Instead of eating with his bros, he ate next to Carrie. :o

*x-files theme intensifies* :shock:
Spoiler:
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

While I won't be transcribing every DLC event (maaaybe if the DLC gets a text dump I will), I thought this one was too good not to share. It's called A Busy Day and occurs 45 days after you're married to Kasumi (or any other marriage candidate, but I'm transcribing Kasumi's version). It's one of the longer events, but it's so sweet. Please read it. Also, while Kasumi's pink flower event was a good conclusion to her character arc, I feel this event wraps it up completely.

A Busy Day (Kasumi):
Spoiler:
(The event starts with the MC and Kasumi waking up in the morning. They talk for a bit and the MC then goes outside to check the mail. The MC then reads a letter from Daryl)

Daryl's Letter: "MC,
How is married life treating you? I was talking to your mother about you the other day...
...and it occurred to me that things have been happening so fast that I haven't gotten the chance to properly meet your spouse. And so I'm bringing your mother and sister to come visit on the following date: [Day that the event takes place]. We can only spend half the day there, so no need to worry about accommodations for us.
- Your father, Daryl"

(Kasumi walks outside)

Kasumi: Is something on your mind, MC?

Today, you say? We should make haste in preparing something for them to eat, then...

(Lynn, Daryl, and Marlena show up)

Lynn: Hi, Big Bro! Hi, Kasumi!

Marlena: It's good to see you again, dear. Have you both been well?

Daryl: My apologies for showing up out of the blue like this, MC. We haven't spoken since the wedding, have we, Kasumi? Sorry I havne't been around more often to say hello. It's a pleasure to see you again, however.

...And if I'm not mistaken, this is how you greet people in your town, right?

(Daryl and Kasumi do the traditional Tsuyukusa greeting)

Kasumi: No, the pleasure is mine. I am pleased to see you, Daryl. And to think you know your town's greeting... Your thoughtfulness is humbling.

Daryl: Well, I figured I couldn't go and do something rude in front of my son's wife, so I did some research before the wedding.

I came so suddenly that you're not prepared to welcome me accordingly, you say? That won't be necessary. I had a little bit of free time from work, so I came by to see how you were both doing. That's all.

Kasumi: MC, if it's fine with you, I was thinking that we could show your family around Tsuyukusa. I believe this is a good opportunity to have them learn more about how we live here.

Daryl: That sounds like a plan to me. I'll leave it to you then, MC.

Marlena: Terribly sorry, dear, but Lynn and I are awfully tired from the long trip, so I think we'll rest at home instead. Please go on without us.

Lynn: Whaaaa?! For real? Why'd we even bother coming, then?

Marlena: Lynn.

(Marlena turns to Lynn and begins whispering)

This is the perfect opportunity for your father and Kasumi to bond. If we tagged along, we'd be the ones doing all the talking and just get in the way.

Lynn: Ah! That's true!

(Lynn and Marlena turn towards MC, Kasumi, and Daryl)

Lynn: We'll make something for ourselves to eat, so don't worry about us. Hope you don't mind it if we borrow your kitchen.

Daryl: Hmm. Let us be on our way, shall we?

(Screen transitions to Tsuyukusa. MC, Daryl, and Kasumi speak with several Tsuyukusa residents. They then go to Ginjiro's restaurant.)

Daryl: Mm. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here. This is delicious. But I must say... this sure is a lively town. And the people here are all so open and kind.

Kasumi: That is in part due to MC's character... In Tsuyukusa, we have a saying."The good you do for others, is good you do for yourself." Meaning that the kindnesses you show the people around you will eventually come back to you.

Daryl: Is that so? MC, it seems as though you've made quite an impression on the people here.

(Screen transitions to the crossroads)

Daryl: MC. Could you go on ahead? I'd like to talk with Kasumi a little bit.

(MC walks away)

Daryl: Kasumi, about my son... Is he... Is he handling life on the farm well?

Kasumi: Most certainly. Even though MC has a job with no real breaks, he always helps me around the house.

Daryl: Is that so? I'm glad. In all honesty, I thought MC's wanting to become a farmer was a naive dream born from a sheltered upbringing, but... Kids sure do grow up fast, don't they? Nonetheless, when he left the house, he still seemed immature. I'm sure much of his growth was thanks to you, Kasumi. You have my gratitude for that. Thank you.

Kasumi: No, that isn't the case at all. To be honest, due to certain reasons, I have always had a hard time dealing with men. But MC helped to set my heart free. If only just with him, I was able to trust again. To me, there is no man as incredible as him.

Daryl: Ha ha... I see. I'm glad the person who loves my son is somebody like you.

(Screen transitions to outside MC's house)

Daryl: Kasumi, I'm glad I got to talk with you today. I've been worried about MC, of course, but... I feel I must confess, the real reason I came here was to see what kind of person my son married.

Kasumi: Yes, I suspected that might be the case.

Daryl: I see. You're a smart woman, as I thought. My apologies. I hope you can forgive me for the deception.

...And please, take care of my son.

Kasumi: Rest assured, I will always be by his side.

(Kasumi and Daryl shake hands)

Marlena: My my, the two of them look like they're getting along just swimmingly!

Lynn: Just like you planned, Mom!

Daryl: MC... You've found a wonderful partner. And I'm happy to see you doing so well for yourself. I'm going to swing by Frank's for a bit, and then we'll head home.
Farewell.

(Everyone says goodbye and the screen transitions to the MC and Kasumi in their house)

Kasumi: Well, that was certainly stressful... I hope I didn't come across as rude, but, well, I suppose there's little point in worrying about that now.

...You knew for a fact that I wouldn't have any problems? Really? I have always wanted to properly meet your father, MC. I'm glad I finally got the opportunity.

MC: (I'm glad they bonded! I'm proud of you, Kasumi! You did great today.)
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The Ninja wrote:While I won't be transcribing every DLC event (maaaybe if the DLC gets a text dump I will), I thought this one was too good not to share. It's called A Busy Day and occurs 45 days after you're married to Kasumi (or any other marriage candidate, but I'm transcribing Kasumi's version). It's one of the longer events, but it's so sweet. Please read it. Also, while Kasumi's pink flower event was a good conclusion to her character arc, I feel this event wraps it up completely.

A Busy Day (Kasumi):
Spoiler:
(The event starts with the MC and Kasumi waking up in the morning. They talk for a bit and the MC then goes outside to check the mail. The MC then reads a letter from Daryl)

Daryl's Letter: "MC,
How is married life treating you? I was talking to your mother about you the other day...
...and it occurred to me that things have been happening so fast that I haven't gotten the chance to properly meet your spouse. And so I'm bringing your mother and sister to come visit on the following date: [Day that the event takes place]. We can only spend half the day there, so no need to worry about accommodations for us.
- Your father, Daryl"

(Kasumi walks outside)

Kasumi: Is something on your mind, MC?

Today, you say? We should make haste in preparing something for them to eat, then...

(Lynn, Daryl, and Marlena show up)

Lynn: Hi, Big Bro! Hi, Kasumi!

Marlena: It's good to see you again, dear. Have you both been well?

Daryl: My apologies for showing up out of the blue like this, MC. We haven't spoken since the wedding, have we, Kasumi? Sorry I havne't been around more often to say hello. It's a pleasure to see you again, however.

...And if I'm not mistaken, this is how you greet people in your town, right?

(Daryl and Kasumi do the traditional Tsuyukusa greeting)

Kasumi: No, the pleasure is mine. I am pleased to see you, Daryl. And to think you know your town's greeting... Your thoughtfulness is humbling.

Daryl: Well, I figured I couldn't go and do something rude in front of my son's wife, so I did some research before the wedding.

I came so suddenly that you're not prepared to welcome me accordingly, you say? That won't be necessary. I had a little bit of free time from work, so I came by to see how you were both doing. That's all.

Kasumi: MC, if it's fine with you, I was thinking that we could show your family around Tsuyukusa. I believe this is a good opportunity to have them learn more about how we live here.

Daryl: That sounds like a plan to me. I'll leave it to you then, MC.

Marlena: Terribly sorry, dear, but Lynn and I are awfully tired from the long trip, so I think we'll rest at home instead. Please go on without us.

Lynn: Whaaaa?! For real? Why'd we even bother coming, then?

Marlena: Lynn.

(Marlena turns to Lynn and begins whispering)

This is the perfect opportunity for your father and Kasumi to bond. If we tagged along, we'd be the ones doing all the talking and just get in the way.

Lynn: Ah! That's true!

(Lynn and Marlena turn towards MC, Kasumi, and Daryl)

Lynn: We'll make something for ourselves to eat, so don't worry about us. Hope you don't mind it if we borrow your kitchen.

Daryl: Hmm. Let us be on our way, shall we?

(Screen transitions to Tsuyukusa. MC, Daryl, and Kasumi speak with several Tsuyukusa residents. They then go to Ginjiro's restaurant.)

Daryl: Mm. I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here. This is delicious. But I must say... this sure is a lively town. And the people here are all so open and kind.

Kasumi: That is in part due to MC's character... In Tsuyukusa, we have a saying."The good you do for others, is good you do for yourself." Meaning that the kindnesses you show the people around you will eventually come back to you.

Daryl: Is that so? MC, it seems as though you've made quite an impression on the people here.

(Screen transitions to the crossroads)

Daryl: MC. Could you go on ahead? I'd like to talk with Kasumi a little bit.

(MC walks away)

Daryl: Kasumi, about my son... Is he... Is he handling life on the farm well?

Kasumi: Most certainly. Even though MC has a job with no real breaks, he always helps me around the house.

Daryl: Is that so? I'm glad. In all honesty, I thought MC's wanting to become a farmer was a naive dream born from a sheltered upbringing, but... Kids sure do grow up fast, don't they? Nonetheless, when he left the house, he still seemed immature. I'm sure much of his growth was thanks to you, Kasumi. You have my gratitude for that. Thank you.

Kasumi: No, that isn't the case at all. To be honest, due to certain reasons, I have always had a hard time dealing with men. But MC helped to set my heart free. If only just with him, I was able to trust again. To me, there is no man as incredible as him.

Daryl: Ha ha... I see. I'm glad the person who loves my son is somebody like you.

(Screen transitions to outside MC's house)

Daryl: Kasumi, I'm glad I got to talk with you today. I've been worried about MC, of course, but... I feel I must confess, the real reason I came here was to see what kind of person my son married.

Kasumi: Yes, I suspected that might be the case.

Daryl: I see. You're a smart woman, as I thought. My apologies. I hope you can forgive me for the deception.

...And please, take care of my son.

Kasumi: Rest assured, I will always be by his side.

(Kasumi and Daryl shake hands)

Marlena: My my, the two of them look like they're getting along just swimmingly!

Lynn: Just like you planned, Mom!

Daryl: MC... You've found a wonderful partner. And I'm happy to see you doing so well for yourself. I'm going to swing by Frank's for a bit, and then we'll head home.
Farewell.

(Everyone says goodbye and the screen transitions to the MC and Kasumi in their house)

Kasumi: Well, that was certainly stressful... I hope I didn't come across as rude, but, well, I suppose there's little point in worrying about that now.

...You knew for a fact that I wouldn't have any problems? Really? I have always wanted to properly meet your father, MC. I'm glad I finally got the opportunity.

MC: (I'm glad they bonded! I'm proud of you, Kasumi! You did great today.)
That’s an extremely sweet event, aw. At first, I misread Kasumi as Komari and I was like “why is she being so formal omg what happens during her character progression in her love events???” And got so disappointed. Then I realized my mistake and it made so much more sense.

I’m excited to see all the new events!! Can’t wait!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Lol, I liked that event, I’ll try to get Wayne’s and type it out.