*Achievements - Where are you now - Burnt out? - Feelings*

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

So the game has been out for a while. People, myself included, are already in year 2 and have a lot of upgrades and town ranks. So I've been wondering, where are you now? And if you feel you have overplayed the game to the point where its burnt out, e.g. Playing it too much that it stopped to be fun, or it started to get monotonous or maybe you are just playing it now as if it was your job/homework just to achieve stuff but not really having a fun experience out of it.

As i said i am in yr 2 Fall already with the Farm Tips done, Lulukoko and Tsuyukusa rank S, while Westown is locked rank A, (Im looking at you Thyme :evil:). I am married to Ludus with the material to buy a big bed but i decided i dont want a kid just yet, i have this idea of having our first anniversary just the 2 of us. Playing on veteran btw.

Currently working on getting all my crops 5 stars maxed out. I have 13 animals (one of each) working to get the coat to rank S since they all produce 20 productos and have the byproduct level A. I have 12 damn pets just for the trophy but i am going to keep just 5.

I am decorating my farm like Tsuyukusa i love Japanese theme decorations and accesories :heart:. I am trying to fulfill my trophies but some of them are waaaaay tedious.

Now answering the other question, Im at that point of my gaming experience that Im just getting tired of playing repeatedly day over day over day doing the same stuff. Mostly because Im eating Gratin every single day to slow time and i end up playing 2 days in the game in one full hour irl. I am quite obsessive and i love to max out everyhting and save up to 99 of everything with the best quality possible. I am afraid Im getting close to stop playing and getting back to other games so i can rest of it.

I love the series so much and played every single then since A wonderful life and FoMT, and even they are improving sometimes i feel im getting just "too good" at them. I always get a lot of money so easily, do all the stuff so quick that Im "forced" to play just to have it all but in the end i cant, just like i left my ToTT in yr 6 or my SoS yr 4... And by being too good i mean, playing without trying or focusing just on fulfilling the story, my playstyle (maybe too intense) which is normal for me, seems to be too much for the game itself.

Oh wow that was a lot. Sorry for the longest post ever. If you read it all i am thankful and i would Love :heart: to read your experiences. Sorry for the bad English, my native language Is Spanish
Rainy
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I'm almost at Spring year 3. I do feel a bit burnt out but i really want to proceed and max out my town ranks as well as decorate my farm more. I married Ludus so i have been going for a tropical theme. My daughter was just born in game, so seeing her grow is something to look forward to. I also want to unlock all the pets/animals as well.

If I really get bored I also want to do a second file, marry Yuzuki and have a Japanese style farm.

No worries your English is just fine :)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm in Winter year 2 and not even close to completing. Taking it slow and easy. Want to see all the events so not gifting the bachelors, don't want to get married yet. Expanding the house, furniture, leveling seeds and animals and working on power combos.

Also /shaking my fist at thyme. Running my pet ragged, even threw 25 snowballs and got excited when something popped that looked like thyme. Was just some stupid chamomile.

Game is still tons of fun. Only eating gratin in the afternoon to get the cellar stuff done. Sleeping early too.

Not even burnt out. But then I haven't logged into my WoW account for a week - been playing for like 12 years so stuff is not getting done but don't care. ToT is funner right now.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm still in Fall Year 1. XD This will probably be the first BokuMono game that my MC will not get married by Spring Year 2 since she's going after Yuzuki who unlocked later than most bachelors.

So far I am enjoying the game and I don't have much achievement but I've just recently done with Farming Tip 2 and got Westown Rank B. Currently, trying to unlock Tsuyukusa Rank B and Lulukoko Rank B.
Darumy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think I took it fairly slow. I never looked up guides for preemptive stuff, and even purposefully held off advancing sometimes haha. So I'm still enjoying the hell out of the game.

Though, I'm not super far. Summer of Y2, farming tips done, towns A/B/B, unmarried.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

According to Activity Log, I have 80 hours logged. I'm in late Winter year 2. I'm trying to take things a bit slow, so my crops aren't all the best; heck, I haven't even planted like 75% of them. And I have two cows, one sheep and four chickens, so not a whole lot and even those are still in the low range.

Towns are unlocked level B and still working on farm tips #3. Should be able to knock down Mr. D this winter.

I have tried to speed up marriage, but I don't know, comparatively, how advanced I am to typical play. I plan to marry Inari, and have seen all her events except for the final one. have the third house upgrade but since I'm still in Winter, I have to wait till spring to trigger the last event.

Based on my prior play experience with the series, I figure I got another real-time month of play, maybe will get to year 4.
IH Zero
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Got 122 hours in, year three, and not burnt out yet. Just got married. I'm working on maxing out the spring/summer/fall crops, and winning the festival prizes. Plan to have a kid after the first anniversary passes.

The series in general is so chill that it's hard for me to get burnt out on it. Even when I'm not in "play it all the time!" mood, it's my smoke break game, so I'm generally always getting something done.
SakunoHaru
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

year. 2 summer

all town already rank A, tsuyukusa almost full, lulucoco 30% left i guess.. and westown i just unlocked the bar (now i get the party from 3 villages)

i already pregnant with Yuzuki child, my goal for now is to complete rank S all towns+all grown up children+5* all crops except flowers
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm near the end of Summer, Year 2 and I'm not burnt out at all, but that could be because I don't really have any other games to play atm lol. I just married Yuzuki, currently have Westown stuck on trying to hit rank A (stupid coconuts), Tsuyukusa rank A, and Lulukoko rank B. Farming Tips are finished.

I don't have all of the animals because I'm already a bit sick of taking care of the ones I have... One cow, all the animals that you can shear, and all the coop animals. The fact that you don't need 500 animals to have a steady supply of all their byproducts is also reeeeeally helping my lack of burn out though.

I'm working on maxing out all the crops but not sweating over it, just something to keep myself occupied.

My goals right now are to unlock the Miracle personality, as well as make enough outfits to unlock all of the hairstyles. Preparing myself for a new file for when all the DLC is out and a possible male file, mostly.
Nurylon
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Right now I'm 64:18 playtime in, and according to my Activity Feed 3oT is still my longest Average Play Time out of all my games (which basically means I have closed the game and restarted it to alter something the least. I'm looking at you, plot resetting in ACNL).
It's normal for me to start getting kind of bored with a game once I have 40-60 hours logged in it, so I'm kind of reaching that now, +the feeling of 'eummm I really need to work on my college finals....' but I still have a lot to do!

I have Westown at Rank A, with Tsuyukusa and Lulukoko both at the lock right before A. Tsu only needs me to harvest a couple more crops from their town to be A, but for Lulu I have to wait until summer to grow native flowers and harvest trees. I'm in Spring of Year 2 right now. I'm one festival away from finishing Dadvice #3, where I'll get both my 9th brand and beat Mr. D at Expert rank, assuming everything goes well. My chicken beat Mr. D's quail last expert festival (before he 'got serious, /mock spooky sounds/) anyway.
I'm focusing on seeing all the pre-dating love events I can, so I'm not even dating yet. My highest crops are at 2 stars because I *just* got started on actually raising their attributes constantly (just got the water fertilizer maker), and that's just a couple of flowers. I had my bovines in small barns before but that made me unable to connect with them, so most of my animals are pretty ignored right now, and have a long way to go before any of them other than my chicken or quail are Expert material. My house is a pretty big priority to me--it's at Large House right now, but I really want to get it to my 'end game' house before I start dating.When I'm working on something in-game, I tend to enter a completely one-track mind about it, so I actually use the time speed-up buff pretty frequently.

I have some things that I'm completely disinterested in working on in the game, like certain animals (bunnies.... I don't like them one bit.), so my powersaves is pretty vital to how I enjoy my game, actually. I have to be picky about it to not have it flow into things I actually want to work on, ofc; I'll generate in food, but NOT recipes. Or if I'm ticked off enough at having to wait until autumn to complete the last of X lock that includes flowers, I'll powersave in the flowers I need, but ship alllll of them when I'm done so that they don't mix in with my flowers I really want to legit work on. Also, I gave myself all the clothes, so that I don't have to stress about juggling non-S rank fur animals down the road. I guess that means I don't technically need any fur animals, but I love the llamas and really want to get one (and name him Sushi!) and spoil him to bits once I have my animals a bit more cared for >:3. Maybe a couple of suffolks, too? Flock of purple sheep!

I'm a little stressed out about who I'm going to end up marrying once I get to that point... even though I can technically have as many save files as I want, I know I won't actually play more than one. SoS was kind of an exception because one was a digital save file and one was a physical file (where I could balance manual work and materializing things in), and I got those two games so far apart from each other. It would help if Inari had a dating stage that could just be backed out of should the reasoning arise, huehue.
Last edited by Nurylon on Mar 17, 2017 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Winter year 1. Probably won't be able to raise the village ranks from C to B until the following summer due to required crops to unlock them to the next stage. Have to wait until those crops actually grow. Just starting trying to raise byproduct level on my animals, had been trying to raise the amounts for most of year 1. They give 12-18 products each. I'm tired of trying to raise them and want to start getting some + wool etc for clothing. Waiting to marry Inari but that won't be until late year two possibly year 3. Maybe the DLC for having a child will be out by the time I'm that far :).
Dearie
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'm in Spring year 2 and I'm not burnt out because I'm not going to stress myself out over something that's supposed to be fun. I'm doing everything at my own pace. This game is my lovely escape from reality. (:

I have Hinata at a red flower and am trying to save up to upgrade my house and buy the comb to get a reverse proposal. Not in a hurry, though. I have Westown and Tsuyukusa both at B lock, while Lulukoko is about to be at C lock. I have completed two parts of the final Farm Tips.

I am doing all of this myself with no help from multiplayer... yet.
pixelpixy
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I haven't checked where I am in the achievement section. I'm in the beginning of Winter 1 at this point. I haven't really played much the last few days. I currently have all but Yuzuki to green flower. I plan on marrying Ford, but I wanted to do some things first. My list is:

Upgrade bag to highest - done.
Upgrade house to the second third phase - done.
Upgrade Storage in house completely - still working on
Get animals and seeds to a point where i'm satisfied - still working on
Finish Farm tips 3 - Can't do so until at least Summer year 2, so still working on.
Get all towns to rank A - I have westown done and that's it, so it's a work in progress.

All in all, I am taking my time. I usually go for marriage as soon as possible. This time around I want to make goals for myself and fulfill them before I marry.
Hazysummerskies
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'm not burnt out yet, thankfully. I'm only in fall of year 1 so there's still time for me to experience it however. It happened in the original SoS around spring/summer of year 4 though, so I can see the possibly of burnout starting to set in around then.

I really like the improvements they made to this game at least so I think in the first time since I played Animal Parade, I will probably bother to play through more than one file. The grind has been a bit much in some of the more recent past games (especially AnB, disliked having to build, rearrange, and decorate the whole town) so I couldn't find the motivation to play after a certain point, even if I did enjoy certain characters. I think the grind isn't as obnoxious here. I'm glad the byproduct amount has been increased to 20 maximum too.
Lenna36
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Fall 31st year 2. Just married Yuzuki on Fall 27th. Trying to complete this 100% so I'm in it for the long haul. I did have my first burn out two days ago. Just need a break, but find myself coming back for more regardless. I need to remind myself to relax.

The towns stand at Westown B, Tsyukusa A, and Lulukoko B. Currently waiting for my coconut tree to grow for that winery so I can unlock Westown A.

I've done a little multiplayer. Basically I've been helping others which is fine, I love sharing the wealth. I love giving out maxed out crop seeds as a surprise. :) The reactions are cute and kind of funny.

After all this I still plan on doing a second play through at least. It should be easier due to the miracle trait. I need to marry Hinata next as he was almost my spouse this round. Omiyo won me over because she's just a sweetie. :lol: