Plus products frustration

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Kuromei
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

xhia wrote:
Arcy wrote:
xhia wrote:Byproduct is maxed already.

So let's say at A rank it's 50% chance:
50% x 20 = 10.

Meaning, at A rank you can get 0-10 wool+ from 20 wools.
The 0-10 plus product can be savescummed to get the amount you desired. but 10 will be the maximum amount at A rank; and it IS possible to get 0 plus product, even at A rank.

Is that correct?
No, at Ranks D-A, you're not often going to see an even split regardless of the theoretical percentage. Each item in the stack of up to 20 will be hit with the RNG fairy when it is harvested, meaning that you will see a wide variety of different "splits" at different levels. It is very rare for my A Rank animals to go evenly 10 Normal/10 Plus, though it has happened sometimes. Sometimes I only get 5 Plus, sometimes I get 15. It is all luck, but the average over time at A Rank should be roughly half and half, unless you're very unlucky or very lucky.

Basically, the game rolls a die (dice) or flips a coin (if you prefer that analogy) for every single item produced, not the full stack all at once. Then it adds up the total of all the rolls and gives the items to you in a "stack", one harvest. Coop animals are the exception as they lay two "stacks" of items every morning as soon as you wake up. If they don't "roll" any Plus items, then they only lay one "stack" of Normal eggs.

The only exceptions are E Rank (0% Chance, so all items in the "stack" will be Normal) and S Rank (100% Chance, so all items in the "stack" will be Plus).
That means at S rank you will always get 20 plus products?
Yep!
That's why I get only 1 plus product sometimes even at A rank. lol guess my luck sucks.
Thanks a lot for the explanation Arcy! :D
Thanks from me, too! Now I know that, if I want both normal products AND +whatever, I can't boost the byproduct level into S. :)
Calous
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Well I want + product as many as normal product, so I bought the livestock with active personality first and then give them deluxe food and crispy treat still they have S ByProduct level and then I will buy another livestock on the same species with timid personality. This one will have no deluxe food and no crispy treat at all. I guess with Active Personality, Deluxe Food and Crispy Treat will boost ByProduct Level much faster.