Farm Layout

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

pixelpixy wrote:How do you multiple the amount of pearls? o-o
I assume some kind of farm circle?
The more you harvest, the amount of pearls goes up (trophies involved). Max is 3. The colors can be manipulated by farm circles but the amount you get is set by achievements.
iDragonlily
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
South field area is where I have all my trees (1 of each) and 2 tea leaf shrubs. I sometimes use the bottom row for growing flax/cotton/wheat etc. in the summer if I don't have enough room on my main farm land. Otherwise, I just use that row to grow mushrooms lol. All those fish hatcheries are for growing pearls atm. I don't really care about fish, but I am harvesting pearls like there's no tomorrow. I actually don't have the jam maker and fermenter yet but that's where I'm planning on placing them once I do have them.

West field/river area I have exactly one of each animal which is plenty for me. Three ore finding pets (one will eventually become my furmiliar [the one pet house on my main farmland] once I get its affection high enough) and two herding pets. The empty 4 squares is actually a spot for a pet play area but wasn't sure how to indicate that. The little patch of soil is for fodder.

Main farm area is where I grow seasonal crops to raise star rank. I have two paddies in that field right now, but I might make it four... or none lol. Rice takes FOREVER to grow. I only use the cellar if I have to have something out of season for a town link requirement. I really don't like growing crops if I don't have to lol.

I still haven't played around with farm circles yet. Maybe after I get the jam maker... That's a big maybe though.
Calous
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

This is mine

I need more fish hatcheries and more space for remaining of my makers those are still in the storage...
rava_ananaso
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
I have all my animals on the west side, along with four pets and a pet zone.

Then I have four hatcheries on the main farm along with random farm circles that are just pretty, such as the wisteria trillis, a stone arch, wooden slide, ect. I have all my makers on this screen as well as three more pets.

On the south farm, I have the mushroom logs, which I want to eventually have two for each mushroom. I have six beehives, then two cherry trees and two tea trees along with the rest of the plots on the upper half being for all season crops. I have the rest of my crops and trees in my cellar. The bottom half is entirely paddies and some more pets.

I used those stone fountain things to represent water sources, I'm not entirely sure what they actually are. :D
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Okay, how does this work...
Spoiler:
Like that? ...yup

The bottom is all paddies with water wheels and the 4 pieces of the power circle to up every stat. Rice, rice baby.

Two of the flamingos for the barn/coop are still unmade (damn agate!!) but on their way.

Main farm is just cotton and flax so storms don't matter. Maybe other things grown just for the trophy count like chili pepper.

Edit: The flamingos gotta go. The new llama is D already and I don't want any + wool from it until the first one dies. >_<

Should've saved the agate for the end house remodel. Oh well, more mining.
Last edited by Murasaki on Apr 11, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yenquest
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I borrowed the makers idea since it's so useful, haha, but I took the time figuring out what to do with the rest of my layout though.
Spoiler:
North Farm (priority crops and makers area):
- I try to keep my fertilizing/low-rank-crops next to my makers (seedmaker), my makers close enough to my house (kitchen).
- The crops surrounding Scarecrow are dedicated to power-boost dish ingredients/year-round crops (adzuki beans, flax, cotton, etc).
- Whale Statue is surrounded by crops in need of fertilizing/increase-star-rank.
- Makers are placed in term of time and stat boosts.

West Farm (Animals):
- 3 herding pets and 1 furmiliar/ore-finder (which gets the Dog statue boost).
- 3 small barns for the rabbit, hare, and Llama. 3 large barns for the birds, milkers, and woolies.
- I paired all small and large barns together in a way so I can make use of the 3 Chicken statues.

South Farm (low maintenance):
- My bees, rice crops, and fish hatchery (anything that can't go down into the cellar) will be in the upper area.
- The bottom area is too far away from everything, so I left it empty for wild lumber.

*edits*
Just got myself a Cellar. Decided to move all my 5 star trees down there and inch my other crops closer to my house/makers. I also removed some Chicken statues to make room for a small barn and my 4th pet house.
Last edited by yenquest on Apr 14, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Related to this topic: this game needs a "holding area" for active live farm things when we're moving stuff around.

I had no room to remodel.
yenquest
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Related to this topic: this game needs a "holding area" for active live farm things when we're moving stuff around.

Agreed. I wish the editing portion (farmer's running speed for example) is a bit faster. It's not fun dragging 8 mushroom logs from one map to another just to make room for my large barn. OTL
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

yenquest wrote:
Murasaki wrote:Related to this topic: this game needs a "holding area" for active live farm things when we're moving stuff around.

Agreed. I wish the editing portion (farmer's running speed for example) is a bit faster. It's not fun dragging 8 mushroom logs from one map to another just to make room for my large barn. OTL
Agreed. I've been toying with moving my animals to the West farm but the idea of carrying everything around again so does not sound appealing.

On another note - it's seriously crazy how different people rearrange their farms! Everytime I come up with an idea I think it's totally genius... until I see someone else's and I start to compare again.
yenquest
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

princesszelda wrote:Agreed. I've been toying with moving my animals to the West farm but the idea of carrying everything around again so does not sound appealing.

On another note - it's seriously crazy how different people rearrange their farms! Everytime I come up with an idea I think it's totally genius... until I see someone else's and I start to compare again.
It's funny (and sad) that I would rather stick to a previous layout than to rearrange things around as planned. I was going to have 4 large barns/coop in the south farm but I got too used to my routine with my animals being in the west (this is before I unlock the south farm). Had to sacrifice the breeding option with my current layout for now, but I'll eventually remove those chicken/flamingo statues and relocate my furmiliar to make room for another small barn for the llama. This way, I'll free up space in one of those large barns for breeding.
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I finally decided on a layout! I had all of those hatcheries randomly placed everywhere!
I moved all my animals to the south to make life easier for me.
All my hatcheries are on the left, and thursday is my pearl day~
Ilmoran
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Only posting my main area, because my other two are giant messes right now. I just hit year 2, so reorganizing a bit. My field crops are in the cellar, except in-season crops I want to raise stats on (so I can use soft fields and get them through the seed maker faster).

The 4 things at the bottom center are a pet playground. This arrangement for the makers lets me get 4 spots with both bonuses, and up to 4 spots each only speed or only quality. The winemaker in my picture is currently imaginary :(
Space Hotel
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Spoiler:
So…perhaps not the most efficient usage of space, but I’m also concerned about striking aesthetic balance! I really just want to make things look pretty, but the gridlock system doesn’t allow for much placement wise.

Both of my cats and my gem finding dog are by my house, whereas my herding dog stays by the barns and coop. The west field is for miscellaneous stuff like different mushrooms, bee hives, rice paddies, and fish. Pearls are on the upper side of the southern field with one of each kind of pearl-coloring farm circle, which I mostly keep as alternatives to gems when making clothes. The bottom half is where I level the stats of seasonal crops, wheat, soybeans, and either flax or cotton depending on my clothing needs using soft fields. I'll eventually switch to growing chili peppers, adzuki beans, sugar cane, and wasabi.

I have liquid fertilizer tanks everywhere after realizing how time consuming it was to have to run between the different fields just to refill my can. All of my fruit and maple trees (and really just any other kind of tree now that I think about it), tea leaves, and a few out of season crops are in the basement. I don’t grow many crops down there unless I actually need them for something, which is why I randomly have a fertilizer tank sandwiched between the two cat statues by my house.
rainydaze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

After seeing all of these farm layouts I feel like mine is so boring. Was there any rhyme or reason as to why you set up your farm like you did? Or was it kind of like: this looks good to me! and done?
duckeh22
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The main area where my house is consists mostly of trees, the assorted mills and makers you can have, a few fields (mostly for cotton since I grow a lot of that) and a few fisheries and bee hives. The area next to the river is where all my crops are, with the seed maker (so I'm not running back and forth so much). The area below is where all my barns, coop and pet houses are. I don't have the cellar unlocked yet, but I will plant crops and trees down there. Not sure which ones yet.