Fishing?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Don't know if it's RNG or whatever but I cannot for the life of me catch the softshell turtle/mitten crab, ocean sunfish and mahi mahi...are those fish in particular especially hard to catch or something? All the big fish behind the teahouse are always salmon and all the big fish in Lulukoko seem to be whiptail, beltfish or rays...

Just to clarify, I have caught all the fish in that particular area and always fish with a fishing buff.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Upgraded your fishing rod? Is that possible? I don't fish.
sharp
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Have you tried checking out this guide? I find it quite useful. Maybe try fishing during bad weather (typhoon/blizzard) to increase your chances of getting those fishies?

There's also a comment on a guide that claims that you need to catch all the fish in only that particular spot, and not other spots in Tsuyukusa.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Do you have the pier upgraded from the Lulukoko Town A -> S Rank? Doing so will give access to bigger fish and, I assume, the fish you're looking for.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:Do you have the pier upgraded from the Lulukoko Town A -> S Rank? Doing so will give access to bigger fish and, I assume, the fish you're looking for.
Ooh I actually just did that yesterday! I didn't know that that would help but thanks, I think I'll try again using the pier.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

sharp wrote:Have you tried checking out this guide? I find it quite useful. Maybe try fishing during bad weather (typhoon/blizzard) to increase your chances of getting those fishies?

There's also a comment on a guide that claims that you need to catch all the fish in only that particular spot, and not other spots in Tsuyukusa.
Yup, that's the guide I use already. I have actually caught all the other kingfish asides from mitten crab/softshell turtle and the Lulukoko kingfish. Thanks though!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

It's the original anon here, I managed to catch mitten crab/softshell turtle earlier, if anyone is wondering, it seems like I was missing one fish and after I caught that one, big fish started to appear. I thought it was a bit strange since kingfish seem to appear before catching all the fish (even though they get away every time) in most areas but at least it worked out.

I have another question about Lulukoko kingfish though: according to the guide sharp linked, there's two areas in south Lulukoko, but on fogu, it says there's 3 (http://fogu.com/sos2/activities/fishing.html). Does anyone know which is right? Also I caught both mahi mahi and ocean sunfish on the pier (south of the fish trap) which contradicts the guide...