Do you like the level of variety in candidates in Trio?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Robotkitty5848
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I really like this set of marriage canidates this time around. In ANB and SOS I have some that I really don't like. I don't hate anybody this time. I went for Wayne since he was cute and had blue eyes, and I liked his flirtatious nature. I haven't played as a guy yet, but once I do I'm going for Iluka. I don't normally go for Tsunderes since I don't like them, but I just can't hate Iluka.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I don't think Ludus is nice :?
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I absolutely love Ford. I could replay the game and marry him multiple times but I won't because I want to marry everyone else first. :lol:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:I absolutely love Ford. I could replay the game and marry him multiple times but I won't because I want to marry everyone else first. :lol:
That's how I feel about Wayne.
Nyara
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I don't really enjoy playing as male MC, but then I don't enjoying marrying guys as well, so that puts me in an unconfortable situation generally (hope someday they allow same-« Chicken Hugging » marriages!). The bachelorettes got a lot in the good side this time, a lot of variety and all of them are likeable for quite different reasons (Lisette is an angel, Siluka's mind in the clouds, Iluka is super cool, Kasumi is super relaxing and Komari, eeh, she is OK I guess, different for sure). Maybe Lisette is the weakest of the five in originality, but she is also the only one really super cute and a HM/SoS game without a candidate like that would feel a bit lacking!

I gotta I agree that the bachelors got a bit of the small stick this time. I mean, Yuzuki is extremely boring to deal with (sowwie to his fans), and Wayne, Ludus and Hinata are extremely similar (all pro-active popular super nice guys in their own way) to each other in their personalities and it feels almost like if it were just a different skin of the same thing. Ford is a nice refresh, though, but he is also kind of hard to deal with for some reason (still nice, though).

I have a kind of mixed feelings for Inari, though. I like the idea of having a repeated candidate for both MC, and Inari indeeds adds a lot of variety. But then Inari also feels a way too small, more alike to Dessie and Witchie than a real candidate, so it is hard to take him/her seriously. By other hand I could also see Inari being a hit in younger players as well, and previous kid candidates worked really well like in A Wonderful Life :heart: , so I guess it enters under the case of "hard to notice at first, but once you know him/her more, it can make quite a change!". Even though Inari gender swaps to the inverse of your MC, his/her personality is quite gender fluid, which is a weird experience but it can also be quite charming and also adds a lot of variety at the end!

Then we have the coming-soon DLC which... yeah, Stephanie is a rather bland as a bacherlotte and Woofio is a way too lol what ( :!: :?: ). I guess if someone was complaining about variety among the bachelors, Woofio really patchs it up a bit... lol, though he is a way too weird in the bad sense (at least it should satisfy furry fans, though?).
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Woofio is about as different as different can get. I mean, you don't get to date (spoiler) every day.
Spoiler:
an empty fursuit
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I thought the variety of bachelorettes was great (I love them all), but I found the bachelors a bit too sweet this time around. Still real good bachelors though.