Breaking up with Ford

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Hey I know I need that dessert from tsuyukusa but they give it to me with rank A and thats far away. What can I give Ford to lower his Flowers Color?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Easier way to break up is to show the confession or marriage item to other people.
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Other people mean every villager or just the bachelors?
Also how many times a day I can do that?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everyone and all day everyday.
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

KK thanks a lot! Will this work with the first pendant? Or should I do it with the special item from Westown (Ring).
Also, am I going to lose affection with the villager I show the item to? Or just Ford
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you’re not getting married anytime soon the pendant should be okay. And just Ford because you’re dating him.
ryume
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I have a tip for breaking up quickly and potentially without needing to move too far. I did this with Ford first, and every other bachelor since, as long as they were near another bachelor at the same time anyway.

I bought an extra pendant, and one night when Ford and Wayne were eating dinner at the restaurant, I did nothing but show the pregnant to Wayne and alternately spoke to Ford every five times or so that I showed Wayne the pendant, mainly just to check my progress. I had Ford down to purple in about ten minutes.

Talking to all the villagers can take a short time as well, but I'm lazy and like to minimize trotting around town as much as possible lol. Also, I feel like the color drops faster when you speak to the other eligible bachelors (or bachelorettes if you're a guy), but that could just be in my head :)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I broke up with Ford recently for Inari. I used the pendant trick as well. Warning: Breaking up with Ford is sad. Skip through the breakup scene. Trust me.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Yeah, it's really sad breaking up with Ford. Highfive! Inari rocks!
RoyWater
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Yeah... already did :( It was sad indeed but I just can't be with him... I find him utterly formal and boring. In my first file, I went for Ludus and man I love the charm of that guy, so in this second one I decided for Ford but I just can't with the formality and the seriousness. That's why I'm going to go for his best friend Wayne :wink: Time for some BFF drama
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RoyWater wrote:Yeah... already did :( It was sad indeed but I just can't be with him... I find him utterly formal and boring. In my first file, I went for Ludus and man I love the charm of that guy, so in this second one I decided for Ford but I just can't with the formality and the seriousness. That's why I'm going to go for his best friend Wayne :wink: Time for some BFF drama
Married Wayne and I think you’ll like him more than Ford.