Trio of Towns DLC releasing on November 9th for NA for $7.99

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.

Will you be buying the DLC?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I knew I wasn't interested in any of the special candidates and was still sure I wanted the DLC and now that I have it, my feeling about it is just as I thought. It really expands the game. And even if you don't marry them, Stephanie and Woofio are still characters you can now talk to every day in your game. I like having them around even though I'm not interested in them as candidates. But even if they weren't in the game at all, I'd still have wanted the DLC. :)
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Personally I feel like you're a little better off with normal candidates still with the DLC even, new dialogue for the candidates and events are pretty sweet.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It definitely sounds like it has enhanced the experience with normal candidates.
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I, personally, just can't get over not being able to even have a meal with my family. That's the main reason I won't be romancing Stephanie, as goofy as that may sound. Her children are cute, and she's quite a gem herself, but she'll just be staying a good friend, unfortunately lmao.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Stepheroo wrote:I, personally, just can't get over not being able to even have a meal with my family. That's the main reason I won't be romancing Stephanie, as goofy as that may sound. Her children are cute, and she's quite a gem herself, but she'll just be staying a good friend, unfortunately lmao.
At least she can have kids.

*Also this is off topic but Stepheroo did you make that avatar and sig? If so I like it.
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Stepheroo wrote:I, personally, just can't get over not being able to even have a meal with my family. That's the main reason I won't be romancing Stephanie, as goofy as that may sound. Her children are cute, and she's quite a gem herself, but she'll just be staying a good friend, unfortunately lmao.
At least she can have kids.

*Also this is off topic but Stepheroo did you make that avatar and sig? If so I like it.
Yeah, I'm so glad Inari can now too. And, although I say I really wanna have meals with my family, I could still see me marrying them in my next file too. ;;

*It's done by lunallumi on dA. If you click the sig it'll take you to their lovely page. Added a sep. credit beneath in case that confuses people. :-)
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

cinnamon_yuki wrote:
Crystal Power wrote:For those who got the DLC and did not marry Woofio, Stephanie, nor Inari. Would you say the DLC was still worth it???
It's still worth it for me. The additional dialogues, events and clothes are great. =)
Kikki wrote:I knew I wasn't interested in any of the special candidates and was still sure I wanted the DLC and now that I have it, my feeling about it is just as I thought. It really expands the game. And even if you don't marry them, Stephanie and Woofio are still characters you can now talk to every day in your game. I like having them around even though I'm not interested in them as candidates. But even if they weren't in the game at all, I'd still have wanted the DLC. :)
ChaosAzerothCat wrote:Personally I feel like you're a little better off with normal candidates still with the DLC even, new dialogue for the candidates and events are pretty sweet.
Celestrian wrote:It definitely sounds like it has enhanced the experience with normal candidates.
Thank you all so kindly for your own thoughts of my question.

It really does help me feel reassured. Because for whatever I was emphasizing so much on the new candidates as marriage potential I didn't realize I was pressuring myself into it lol. I feel better about the DLC even if I do go after the original candidates again on my new file. =)
Not goofy at all! It is actually the reason I began to lose interest in marrying her, like no family meals seem lonely. A pink hair daughter would have been adorable though.
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I just hit summer year 1, still waiting for Woofio and Stephanie to show up. I haven't looked it up, but I think I heard Woofio moves in after the first animal contest? I'm excited for new characters to talk to.

So far I've only encountered a couple of new dialogue lines, but they were delightful to come across.
It's only been maybe half a year since I played the game last, but I'd already forgotten how relaxing and enjoyable it was and still is. Feels good to be playing it again. :)

I know when I've gotten a bit farther and I actually have to decide who to pursue between Woofio, Inari, and Yuzuki however that I will be incredibly stressed and torn over it. :lol: Last time I played, I saved a backup file before I started dating Ford so if I changed my mind I could always go back. That's not an option anymore.
MageDragonfire
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Because I am the sort of person who will talk to folks a million times a day to see new dialogues, can confirm that the new lines added to the bachelors and bachelorettes are all pretty cute! It looks like all of them have a new daily rotational dialogue added to each day's pool of possible lines - so, besides the normal daily line (the one that shows up when you eat with them), there is a second daily line as well.

But, the second lines are all related! All of the marriage candidates will talk about a particular random subject for a day (although the topic seems to change if you reload a save from earlier in the day). Besides the story about rectangular, white things that was mentioned in the romantic dialogue thread, I've seen topics including the towns' climates, fashion preferences, the town symbols, favourite veggies, favourite pets, the treasure hunting spots, stories about the town NPCs...

But, by far (and besides the rectangular object set), I've enjoyed two sets in particular that have to do with 'fortune cookies'. I highly recommend trying to find each candidate's dialogue for the day if you happen to see someone talking about them! They're both pretty funny, especially if you get the second set a few days after the first - and talk to the giver of the cookies last. :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

MageDragonfire wrote:But, by far (and besides the rectangular object set), I've enjoyed two sets in particular that have to do with 'fortune cookies'. I highly recommend trying to find each candidate's dialogue for the day if you happen to see someone talking about them! They're both pretty funny, especially if you get the second set a few days after the first - and talk to the giver of the cookies last. :)
Good to know! I've found some of the fortune cookie dialogue - it's really pretty cute, probably my new favorite. :) It seemed to be all there was to find - glad to know I was wrong.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So did anyone marry Stephanie?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:So did anyone marry Stephanie?
If it helps, I think I’m going to in some point. Waiting for my new game plus and more guy clothing options.
Mecha-Lollipop
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:So did anyone marry Stephanie?
I was super close to it and then there was an incident and I saved over the file and my only other file I was already married to Inari. :(
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I'm probably not gonna get around to playing a guy file but on the topic of Stephanie, I do like her a lot!
I was kinda surprised actually, I know some people talked about it earlier in the thread but I kinda didn't expect to find her all that interesting. I was wrong! She really is very fun and sweet so far. I like the little touches like how she practices by the waterfall in the early morning and how much she moves around the towns, and honestly it's something I wish we would see from the other candidates more.
I just got a bit of dialogue where she invited me to go for a morning walk with her sometime and I found myself thinking "Yes, I'd love to!" :lol: