Trio of Towns DLC releasing on November 9th for NA for $7.99

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.

Will you be buying the DLC?

You may select 1 option

View results

Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you play the DLC on an established file where you already married and in year 3 with a child, for example, you'll end up seeing event after event all at once for the most part. If you start a new file, those events will be spread out more naturally...you won't get any right away. That's about the only difference between playing the DLC content on an old file versus starting a new one, at least as I have seen so far.

As for the events, I love the cultural exchanges, they're so endearing...more fun than any events in the original game, imo. I was watching the second exchange event where Lulukoko visits Tsuyukusa and was at the part where everyone was having a go at writing poetry, which turns into fancy ways of them complaining about current life issues, and out pops Ludus, of all people, with one that made me laugh out loud. I think I was just surprised, as he has always been shown as so patient and uncomplaining despite Iluka's relentless advantage-taking of him. Sorry if the quality is not wonderful...taking screenshots on camera creates all those ugly lines, but I tried to minimize that...
Spoiler:
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:If you play the DLC on an established file where you already married and in year 3 with a child, for example, you'll end up seeing event after event all at once for the most part. If you start a new file, those events will be spread out more naturally...you won't get any right away. That's about the only difference between playing the DLC content on an old file versus starting a new one, at least as I have seen so far.

As for the events, I love the cultural exchanges, they're so endearing...more fun than any events in the original game, imo. I was watching the second exchange event where Lulukoko visits Tsuyukusa and was at the part where everyone was having a go at writing poetry, which turns into fancy ways of them complaining about current life issues, and out pops Ludus, of all people, with one that made me laugh out loud. I think I was just surprised, as he has always been shown as so patient and uncomplaining despite Iluka's relentless advantage-taking of him. Sorry if the quality is not wonderful...taking screenshots on camera creates all those ugly lines, but I tried to minimize that...
Spoiler:
I loved that so much!
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly that all made me slightly uncomfortable as it quickly turned into a gripe off. Probably because dealing with a lot of negativity IRL though to be fair.

Just seemed way too much like backbiting or bottling it up then letting it out to a new acquaintance for my liking...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Everyone does see everything differently because of their own real-world experience. (I really could not stand the friendship event 'Frank's Romance' due to personal RL experiences, and I'm sure plenty of others find it cute or even funny, even though I found it froth-at-the-mouth enraging and want to throw my 3DS at the wall every time I see it. I don't actually do it, of course...that'd be nutty.)

I loved the cultural event, though; I thought it was super cute and I didn't find it negative at all. :) Imo poetry should not be only about sunshine and rainbows anyway. Plus none of them are actually new acquaintances, they see each other at the very least at every festival...they just supposedly have not spent much time in each other's villages, before. Though if they were new acquaintances that wouldn't change my feelings about the event anyway.

Real life always intrudes on gaming, even in other genres but I think in sims especially. Bad experiences from real life especially tilt the angle from which you view things, which is my situation with 'Frank's Romance'...I have an intense dislike of people deliberately spreading gossip. When a person's opinion of something is based on their feelings (which is probably the usual situation) it is not anything I would want to argue with. Everybody has got their own position and things generally do look different if you're standing somewhere that others are not.
modernmorphling
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm wanting this DLC with what seem to be most to all the content that was made for the game. (Stephanie, her child, Woofio, his child, and Inari's child) But my questions are: How do I get and buy the DLC? And where do I have to go to get the DLC for my game copy? And would the DLC work on an older 3ds model like mine?
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Everyone does see everything differently because of their own real-world experience. (I really could not stand the friendship event 'Frank's Romance' due to personal RL experiences, and I'm sure plenty of others find it cute or even funny, even though I found it froth-at-the-mouth enraging and want to throw my 3DS at the wall every time I see it. I don't actually do it, of course...that'd be nutty.)

I loved the cultural event, though; I thought it was super cute and I didn't find it negative at all. :) Imo poetry should not be only about sunshine and rainbows anyway. Plus none of them are actually new acquaintances, they see each other at the very least at every festival...they just supposedly have not spent much time in each other's villages, before. Though if they were new acquaintances that wouldn't change my feelings about the event anyway.

Real life always intrudes on gaming, even in other genres but I think in sims especially. Bad experiences from real life especially tilt the angle from which you view things, which is my situation with 'Frank's Romance'...I have an intense dislike of people deliberately spreading gossip. When a person's opinion of something is based on their feelings (which is probably the usual situation) it is not anything I would want to argue with. Everybody has got their own position and things generally do look different if you're standing somewhere that others are not.
Oh yeah I agree really!

They act a little...stiff? Uncomfortable? with each other and that is what I meant more with new acquaintances if that makes sense.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

modernmorphling wrote:I'm wanting this DLC with what seem to be most to all the content that was made for the game. (Stephanie, her child, Woofio, his child, and Inari's child) But my questions are: How do I get and buy the DLC? And where do I have to go to get the DLC for my game copy? And would the DLC work on an older 3ds model like mine?
The DLC will work on any 3DS, and it will work with any copy of the game you use on that 3DS, whether you have a cartridge, a digital copy, or both, or multiples. (But if you have TWO 3DSes and want to play on both of them, then you have to buy the DLC for both 3DSes.)

Okay, to get the DLC:

1) Go into the eshop on your 3DS
2) Search 'Trio of Towns'
3) Download the FREE update...it takes a minute or two since it is somewhere around 380 blocks of memory.
5) Close the eshop
4) Open Trio of Towns
5) The start screen will now be different. It will no longer only say 'New Game' and 'Continue'...it will also have a 'Downloadable Content' button. Click that button. It will offer you the opportunity then to buy and download. It will be very fast as it is only 2 blocks of memory.
6) Play :) It will work both on any new file you create, and on any existing file, no matter what stage of the game you are at.
ChaosAzerothCat wrote:They act a little...stiff? Uncomfortable? with each other and that is what I meant more with new acquaintances if that makes sense.
They do act like they aren't best buddies, for sure, but more like casual acquaintances. I always find that weird since the boys all always stand together at every festivals, and the girls with each other, too. And now that we have the DLC they also get together at New Years and all, as well. I find it a bit inconsistent when it comes to how much the towns interact and how well they actually know each other. I guess it's open to interpretation :)
Ehppy
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Alright, I've got the DLC loaded and ready to go!
I'm pretty excited to dive back into the game with fresh new events. Looking back, there's actually quite a bit of content I never experienced in my first file.
I got my furmiliar pretty late, so I never saw the furmiliar events. Never had a kid, either. So this should be a pretty eventful playthrough. :)

I've been thinking a lot about what I'll be doing differently, which has led me to think about my character and her backstory.
I kinda want to bring back those topics where everyone talks about their farmer. Their history, appearance, personality.
I always had a lot of fun reading through those!
Orange panda
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Any reason why the DLC cost $9.99 for me, $11.30 after tax?
If it has anything to do with which country you're from then I wish xseed would have at least said it was gonna cost more for Canada so I didn't go in expecting to pay $7.99.
If not then I hope it wasn't an error...
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Orange panda wrote:Any reason why the DLC cost $9.99 for me, $11.30 after tax?
If it has anything to do with which country you're from then I wish xseed would have at least said it was gonna cost more for Canada so I didn't go in expecting to pay $7.99.
If not then I hope it wasn't an error...
They only mention 7.99 USD. If you convert it to CAD, you will get more or less 10 CAD and from what I understand, there's a sales tax in Canada, 1% I think is the lowest. Since CAD and USD are different currencies, people would assume you would convert it to the currency you are using.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If anyone was wondering, I can confirm that Inari's new outfits are in the DLC. (We had no mention of it from XSeed and Cher didn't seem to know either I think)
Spoiler:
Saffy
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

^ That is really pretty. Is that outfit for a special occasion???
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saffy wrote:^ That is really pretty. Is that outfit for a special occasion???
It's on Inari's anniversary, and Inari has a different outfit if Inari is a girl.
Crystal Power
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

For those who got the DLC and did not marry Woofio, Stephanie, nor Inari. Would you say the DLC was still worth it???
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Crystal Power wrote:For those who got the DLC and did not marry Woofio, Stephanie, nor Inari. Would you say the DLC was still worth it???
It's still worth it for me. The additional dialogues, events and clothes are great. =)