Beverage Bash bug in EU version?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I was wondering if Nintendo possibly removed the Beverage Bash bug after you marry Ludus in the EU version of the game, especially seeing as part of the coming patch for the NA patch is a fix for it, and some things have changed in the EU version. Has anyone tried marrying Ludus in the EU version, or asked Nintendo yet?

Of course I like him most, but I don't want to have to deal with the glitch... If it's still there, maybe I'll wait until the Lulukoko Beverage Bash to marry him, and then hope they release a fix before the next one. :/
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Karry wrote:some things have changed in the EU version
What exactly changed?
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
What exactly changed?
As of right now, we know that a Tsuyukusa town link quest changed their 50 grape wine requirement to a 30 lemon requirement in the EU version. That, and the recipe, Turtle Stew, has been removed completely, unless acquired from a NA player in multiplayer (I think), or hacked in with power saves. Komari's favorite food was Turtle Stew, so the EU game has it set to Okonomiyaki, which I believe is her father's favorite as well.
Karry
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
What exactly changed?
As of right now, we know that a Tsuyukusa town link quest changed their 50 grape wine requirement to a 30 lemon requirement in the EU version. That, and the recipe, Turtle Stew, has been removed completely, unless acquired from a NA player in multiplayer (I think), or hacked in with power saves. Komari's favorite food was Turtle Stew, so the EU game has it set to Okonomiyaki, which I believe is her father's favorite as well.
Actually, even if you trade Turtle Stew over, it becomes Okonomiyaki. You can apparently still get it from villagers, but if you give it to Komari, it now counts as a loved gift. There's a thread on it here.
Drag0n5
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Karry wrote:
Anna_Lynn wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:
What exactly changed?
Actually, even if you trade Turtle Stew over, it becomes Okonomiyaki. You can apparently still get it from villagers, but if you give it to Komari, it now counts as a loved gift. There's a thread on it here.
It is possible to get a Turtle Stew from villagers and is defiantly a loved gift now in the EU version. I've heard about if a NA player trades Turtle Stew to an EU player it becomes Okonomiyaki but what about if a EU player gives a Turtle Stew to another EU player that they got from a villager? I want to test this but I need another EU player to help me.
JunkerFarmer
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Karry wrote:I was wondering if Nintendo possibly removed the Beverage Bash bug after you marry Ludus in the EU version of the game, especially seeing as part of the coming patch for the NA patch is a fix for it, and some things have changed in the EU version. Has anyone tried marrying Ludus in the EU version, or asked Nintendo yet?

Of course I like him most, but I don't want to have to deal with the glitch... If it's still there, maybe I'll wait until the Lulukoko Beverage Bash to marry him, and then hope they release a fix before the next one. :/
The EU version came out before the patch, IIRC, so I would imagine that unless the patch had already been formed, it would not be applied to the EU version. However, you'd probably have to ask XSEED or the European localizers/distributors about this. I also have a question about a different change... Why did they remove Turtle Stew for you guys? Is it a cultural thing? I don't imagine it has to do with pets, because we have turtles as pets here in America as well, but you never know...
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

JunkerFarmer wrote:I also have a question about a different change... Why did they remove Turtle Stew for you guys? Is it a cultural thing? I don't imagine it has to do with pets, because we have turtles as pets here in America as well, but you never know...
It’s apparently illegal. Makes sense though since many species of turtle are considered endangered.
Drag0n5
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

JunkerFarmer wrote:
Karry wrote:I was wondering if Nintendo possibly removed the Beverage Bash bug after you marry Ludus in the EU version of the game, especially seeing as part of the coming patch for the NA patch is a fix for it, and some things have changed in the EU version. Has anyone tried marrying Ludus in the EU version, or asked Nintendo yet?

The EU version came out before the patch, IIRC, so I would imagine that unless the patch had already been formed, it would not be applied to the EU version. However, you'd probably have to ask XSEED or the European localizers/distributors about this. I also have a question about a different change... Why did they remove Turtle Stew for you guys? Is it a cultural thing? I don't imagine it has to do with pets, because we have turtles as pets here in America as well, but you never know...
I did a test on trading turtle stew in this thread:
http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=173786