Which Animal is the Most Useless?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
PenanggalanDoll
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I currently have two larger barns and two small coops, in them I have:
A cow, A jersey cow, a buffalo, an angora rabbit.
An alpaca, a rabbit, a sheep, a suffolk sheep.
And a quail & a chicken in each coop. I'm considering an extra coop for a silkie, but ehh.

I want to get a Llama but I don't want to build an extra barn, so I'm wondering... which animal would you consider the most useless? So far... I thinking of getting rid of my buffalo. More because I don't exactly like how it looks, but I'm not sure.

Note: the reason I don't wanna build the extra barn is because it throws the symmetry of my layout off and I'm weirdly finicky about that stuff. I know it's ridiculous, but still. :(
Stepheroo
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The quail imo. It's cute but... it's eggs are cheap, only needed for some recipes (and none that are anyone's faves) and it blends in with the inside of the coop sometime. It has cute sounds, but the quail is the most useless to me. I still have one though. ;;
anissina
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I would save up a stack or two of quail eggs just to have if you need them for cooking or to finish the shipping list or something and then sell that.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I believe the only things in the entire game that requires quail eggs are three recipes, and none of those recipes are needed for anything. And they're not worth much (the eggs) so I'd have to agree they're the very least useful animal in the game. Which is sad since they are also the cutest. And make by far the cutest animal sounds.

But honestly, regular chickens, regular cows and even jersey cows are mostly not very useful either, if you've already got a good Silkie and a Buffalo. Especially the regular ones since you can always buy eggs and milk if for some reason you need the regular milk and egg products specifically. And the Buffalo gets the most points at the animal festival, iirc, and their products are worth the most.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Have to agree with the quail. While they’re cute, you definitely can live without it.
PenanggalanDoll
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Tbh, I'm okay with getting rid of my quail because it's been frustrating me a lot lately. It blends into the coop too much and I always take too long finding it...

I guess I'll get a small barn for a Llama then. Thank y'all for the advice! :heart:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

PenanggalanDoll wrote:Tbh, I'm okay with getting rid of my quail because it's been frustrating me a lot lately. It blends into the coop too much and I always take too long finding it...

I guess I'll get a small barn for a Llama then. Thank y'all for the advice! :heart:
I know that feeling seeing that I have terrible eyesight.
Nyara
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
PenanggalanDoll wrote:Tbh, I'm okay with getting rid of my quail because it's been frustrating me a lot lately. It blends into the coop too much and I always take too long finding it...

I know that feeling seeing that I have terrible eyesight.
Quails at least are always near the center due to the eggs! But I really have a really hard trouble seeing Brown Alpacas, specially since mine always flees to a corner...