DLC Question

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm just a little curious: if you get the DLC and marry Woofio or Stephanie then put your cartridge into another 3ds without DLC, what would happen? Would everyone just act like you married a ghost? Does anyone know?
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I don't think you can open the file if you do that.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would imagine that as long as you transfer your files from your old 3ds to your new 3ds, the dlc should remain, otherwise you'd simply be asked to start a new game as if you'd never played it before when you start it up.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I assume this question is not about transferring everything from an old 3DS to a new one, because that is a different story. That basically turns your new 3DS into your old one and everything is transferred (including your Nintendo ID and all purchase info) so there should be no problems with everything working in that case. But if this is just about playing your DLC game on one 3DS then taking your cartridge out and then trying to play it on a different one...

If you play a game on a 3DS that has the DLC installed and save that file on your cartridge, then put it into another 3DS that does NOT have the DLC on it, you will not be able to open the file at all. Calros told me this directly on the XSEED forums when I was asking about how the DLC would work with multiple copies. The DLC will work with everything you play on a single 3DS, digital or physical, but if you have a DLC file, it won't open on a 3DS that does not have the DLC installed, not at all.

Which probably doesn't matter to most people unless they have 2 3DSes like I do, or if they played their copy of the game on a borrowed 3DS or something.

Oh but you can still use multiplayer with anyone you could before, regardless of who does or does not have the DLC. :) I asked that one too, just to make sure.