My kid is taking awhile to be born?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I want a girl with Ludus, so I followed the guide on here and counted the 45 days to determine that the morning of the 46th day would be Fall 6. Instead of the birth, I triggered Iluka needing me because I completed her thing for the S Link Rank. I figured that that must've canceled out the birth event and the baby would happen the next day. Nope... Nothing happened the next day, so I checked and saw that it was Yuzuki's birthday. So I wondered if it just won't let the birth be on someone else's birthday, which would be silly if true. But now it's Fall 8, nothing is happening this day and I haven't triggered any other events, but still no baby. What's up?
Tehya Faye
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So you triggered the pregnancy event on Wayne's birthday, right? I'm not sure what could be up. I guess you could just keep saving before you go to sleep and hope it'll be soon, or scout ahead by just repeatedly going to sleep without saving and figure out when it'll be that way.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Yeah, that would've been Wayne's birthday. I finally triggered the birth event. Kept playing and saving each night and it finally happened on Fall 12. I'm definitely not THAT bad at counting, so either something was up with my game, or the guide isn't quite right. Would still like to know what the issue was even though I got what I wanted.

And so now after resetting twice because of boys, I'm stuck at naming my daughter. I always get stuck at names.
Tehya Faye
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Yeah, we both counted the same number of days, so it must've been a weird game quirk. At least it finally did trigger. :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Just going to confirm that your child can share a birthday as a villager since my child's birthday is summer 18th, Komari's.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:Yeah, that would've been Wayne's birthday. I finally triggered the birth event. Kept playing and saving each night and it finally happened on Fall 12. I'm definitely not THAT bad at counting, so either something was up with my game, or the guide isn't quite right. Would still like to know what the issue was even though I got what I wanted.

And so now after resetting twice because of boys, I'm stuck at naming my daughter. I always get stuck at names.
I named Ludus' daughter Lalani because I wanted to go with something Hawaaian. For people having trouble choosing names I tend to suggest that they choose a regional name or a type (like flower or herb names or tree names or food names...etc) or both. Tends to make it easier to think of something, ime.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I named Ludus' daughter Lalani because I wanted to go with something Hawaaian. For people having trouble choosing names I tend to suggest that they choose a regional name or a type (like flower or herb names or tree names or food names...etc) or both. Tends to make it easier to think of something, ime.
Well I had two names that I was deciding from, which is why I get stuck. Too many options instead of a lack of options. I dug around and came up with Mahina, which is Hawaiian and avoids the "-lani" sound that I've never cared for. But one of Ludus's suggestions was Ruellia. The ruellia flower is purple, which is very fitting. So it was a long war between Mahina and Ruellia. Ruellia won in the end because it decided I wouldn't want to use it for anyone else's child since Ludus came up with it. Mahina is a name I could possibly use elsewhere. I don't know if we'll ever have Hawaiian candidates again, but if not... I've never been 100% clear of Kai's race and his name does count as a Hawaiian name. Or I could be insane, buy another 3oT cartridge and marry Siluka. Either way, Mahina is on hold.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m terrible with names so I more than relieved for letting Wayne name the child Austin.