How do you use your save files?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Basically the question in the title. Do you marry someone different in both of them? Is your second one just a backup for your first file? Maybe you play as the opposite gender in your second file? Just a bit curious. I really wish there were more save files though.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I own two copies of Trio (one digital and one hardcopy) and I use a file for a different candidate each time. Got a Ludus file, Yuzuki file, Ford file, and may manage to eventually get to a Wayne file as well, which will then take up all my files. But I only play as female; I don't enjoy playing as anything but my RL gender in a sim. (I like playing opposite gender in an RPG, often, but can't seem to accept it for a sim.)
copernicusmaximus
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I want to try to marry Kasumi in my 2nd file but I always end up just playing my female file where I have married Ludus :lol:

If I can play as a girl AND marry a girl I might end up actually using my 2nd file, lol.
Sanne
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I did a "quick" run to get the miracle personality first and split off two files of that (male and female). Considering playing only my male file because I absolutely adore Komari.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I have one file where I have all bachelors at green heart, while the main file I play is where I pursued and married Hinata (continued from my first save file). If I'm bothered, I might continue the first file to marry Yuzuki.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Sanne wrote:I did a "quick" run to get the miracle personality first and split off two files of that (male and female). Considering playing only my male file because I absolutely adore Komari.
That's a good idea! I have one female and male file, both with the sporty personality so that way I could have the max stamina without getting married.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Like Kikki I have two copies of the game. I’m trying to get a certain outfit because in my second file I’m planning on playing as a guy. As for the other copy I have no idea what to do with it yet.
jozial
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have a boy file where I'm married to Komari and I don't use my 2nd file. I started a 2nd one but I always end up playing my Komari file because Komari is the best waifu.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

the first file is my main file where i do everything, and the bottom is the file where i change my character's name and appearance to "Hostee", the character my 6-year-old cousin likes to play with. i try to update the Hostee file every in-game month so he can always have plenty of stuff to play around with
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I always use extra files for other candidates. The more spouses, the better. I used to try to play a file with each gender, but that doesn't really matter to me now that there's crossdressing.

In this game's case, I'm married to Ludus in my first file and waiting for our daughter to grow up before I start my second file, cause who knows when I'll return. I'm going after Inari in the second one. I'll play as a girl since it'll give Inari slightly narrower eyes. I think they're prettier that way.

I also have a very specific look more my character that I stick with, so I'll want the next one to look entirely different. An entirely different individual character.

I really want to have more copies of the game, but I can't really afford to buy doubles or triples of each game I need more saves in, at least not at this point in my life. Maybe someday. Cause I REALLY want Yuzuki. It was a tie between him and Inari, but Inari won due to being a special candidate. Then there's Lisette and Siluka. And Ford. And Komari. Okay, maybe I need like 4 copies.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Normally I have one file to play as a boy and one to play as a girl, but I really liked two bachelors this time around so I played up until I had Ludus and Yuzuki both at green flowers and then split the file so I could marry both of them. I only got around to marrying Ludus, but if I ever pick up the game again I'll start my Yuzuki one and go from there