DLC isn’t working

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Just downloaded the paid DLC today. It’s Fall Year 5. I’ve gone through about ten in-game days so far and I still haven’t met Woofio or Stephanie. I have absolutely no idea where Stephanie is supposed to pop up but apparently Woofio can be found in North Lulukoko around ten a.m., which he isn’t. What am I missing?

Sorry if this has been asked before btw. I looked through the forums back into October and didn’t see anything, but maybe I missed the answer. :-|
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

You do need to participate in festivals that they are involved in. If you skipped festivals, they possibly won't unlock when you enter north westown (stephanie) or north lulukoko (woofio). Also you'll want to walk to the areas (e.g., south westown -> north westown) and not be riding your horse.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

That was the issue, thank you so much. I can’t believe I went five years without going to a single harvest festival. What was I doing the whole time? :?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That is pretty of surprising. I mean...you can't accomplish many of the game goals without participating in festivals. I guess...you were just playing very freestyle without paying attention to any goals?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Apparently I was working on town link ranks (I hope or else my game was very, very pathetic) but I was still only at rank C for all the towns. What. And on my farm I have four regular fields with flowers on them and a single quail who I named after my dog.

Plus it looks like I didn’t bother meeting any of the villagers I didn’t need to meet and I had one heart with Inari and Hinata and zero with everyone else. I can’t believe I sank so many hours into the game and accomplished absolutely nothing.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

What... what on earth were you doing all that time??? XD I've never heard of anyone farming like this before. I'm really curious to know how many years you'll be into once you've actually completed the main goals. This is kinda great in a very puzzling way.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really feel like the best word to describe how I feel on hearing that you could get to year FIVE without meeting most of the villagers or participating in festivals is gobsmacked, lol. It's like...where did those hours GO? Did you water every flower twenty times a day? Or maybe spend ALL of your time fishing? LOL. Well I hope however you were playing, it was fun :)
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I really feel like the best word to describe how I feel on hearing that you could get to year FIVE without meeting most of the villagers or participating in festivals is gobsmacked, lol. It's like...where did those hours GO? Did you water every flower twenty times a day? Or maybe spend ALL of your time fishing? LOL. Well I hope however you were playing, it was fun :)
Yeah I can see getting tunnel vision, important thing is having fun!
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Did you sleep the years away or something?