Is Ores Imbalance money maker?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I will not be able include calculation into this, but with my 4-5 hammer, I am able to make about an average of 50,000G each day first year (4 mine nodes, each can provide on average 4 precious ore which i consider as 4500G a piece). Is ores too imbalanced like grass seeds in HM Grand Bazaar?
Madara
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Unless you're save scumming or getting really lucky, you won't get that many gems (precious ore) from any of the nodes mining daily. You have maximum chance to drop gems every third day. I also have either a 4-5 effectiveness hammer but I still get scrap ore, glass stones, and rocks if I go to the nodes daily.

I think money is less important in this game than in Grand Bazaar or any other HM game where mining gives a huge amount of money (DS/Cute). This game is based more on crafting, collecting, and it takes a LOT of effort to rank up your crops. Realistically if you have a bunch of money, you can still get stuck at plot points that need you to actually harvest or forage.

Also, unlike Grand Bazaar, there isn't a part of the story that relies solely on money. In Grand Bazaar, the plot is to make money at the Bazaar and there was no reason to not bring Grass Seeds to meet that goal. That and grass seeds profit margin was WAAAY too high. There is nothing like that that I've noticed in this game (maybe certain foods? Pudding always sold for way more than the egg and the milk) but I haven't looked into it very well.

I am still very early in the game but even with access to all 4 nodes (with a bit of occasional upgrading my tools and hoarding) I didn't have enough money to buy the Pendant for 150k when I got to that point. Now in Spring Year 2, I have 80k in my wallet, 14-16 gems in my storage, and really no need to spend money.

I will add that for many of the Town Links, a rich player can just buy their success (ship 100 dairy maker products or ship 1mil worth to Westtown, etc) but there will always be one that can't be bought like "ship 100 wine", "give Komari 20 adzuki beans", "ship ?? chill peppers", "bring ?? cotton cloth to someone".

Tl;dr
Ores aren't overpowered in Trio of Towns compared to other games because money can't buy you everything.