Seated Elephant

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Autumn Fairy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I was wondering what exactly it does and couldn't find much information on it. I know that it makes watering count twice, but what does that mean? Does the juiciness increase twice as fast or does it make crops grow faster?
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Autumn Fairy wrote:I was wondering what exactly it does and couldn't find much information on it. I know that it makes watering count twice, but what does that mean? Does the juiciness increase twice as fast or does it make crops grow faster?
Can 100% confirm that double watering decreases maturing time (it's actually to a level that is annoying for crops that grow quickly :lol:

Juiciness is affected by watering which is why I never bother with the fertilizer (except for on trees). I know skipping days hits it negatively and it seems like double watering raises it faster. However, even single watering seems to bring juiciness up pretty well for me so not sure how much a single verses a double watering impacts that trait.
Autumn Fairy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks, but I was asking about the effects of the farm circle "seated elephant" :P
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Autumn Fairy wrote:Thanks, but I was asking about the effects of the farm circle "seated elephant" :P
Right but the only real question here is what watering twice does. The seated elephant has completely identical effects of double water on any squares it affects, assuming you water your crops at all. If you know what watering twice does, you know what that farm circle does. I hope that helps.
Autumn Fairy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

But does that mean that I can basically water 4 times, if I do it in the morning and evening near a seated elephant?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Autumn Fairy wrote:But does that mean that I can basically water 4 times, if I do it in the morning and evening near a seated elephant?
99% sure you can't do that. But let me try building one and testing it for sure.

You shouldn't have a need to do it that many times anyway if you are using soft fields. The crops grow crazy fast in soft fields with double watering. It's actually almost over-powered.
Autumn Fairy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Well, since the water dries out again I assumed I can water again with the same effect of the seated elephant. Would be strange if it doesn't do anything. Thanks for testing it!
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Autumn Fairy wrote:Well, since the water dries out again I assumed I can water again with the same effect of the seated elephant. Would be strange if it doesn't do anything. Thanks for testing it!
Can confirm that you only get 2 waterings max. If you use the seated elephant, it saves you from having to do the second watering and also nets you a second watering on rainy days presumably.

Tested this with snowdrop flowers. I had 2 fields in the effect area and two not. Water one in range and one out of range twice daily Matured same day, regardless of the elephant. Had another field in its range that I watered only once. It matured at the same rate as well as the others as though I watered it twice. For field outside of range that watered only once, it matured later than the others.
Autumn Fairy
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay, that's good to know. Thank you :)
That means.. that I didn't get any effect out of it, since I always water my crops twice anyway..
HarvestArtist
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Lemme add my two cents.

I find having the Seated Elephant a lifesaver.
You really don't need to water your crops the second time when you have it on the farm, so you have a bit more freedom about when to water your crops. Handy for later starts of the day (late sleeping, morning events etc.).
And I can do some evening things without the need to do some watering, like fishing or grocery shopping in Lulukoko. I have a bit more time to play around with.

The watering-your-crops-twice-a-day mechanic has officially run its course, with no way to combat it until recently.

Just focus on one watering of your crops per day and then do something else in the evening. Or morning. Whatever works for you. As long as the Seated Elephant is doing its thing. I did have to organize my Soft Fields purely for the ability for the both of them to get the effects, but it was a quick job.
go_ask_ashley
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

HarvestArtist wrote:Lemme add my two cents.

I find having the Seated Elephant a lifesaver.
You really don't need to water your crops the second time when you have it on the farm, so you have a bit more freedom about when to water your crops. Handy for later starts of the day (late sleeping, morning events etc.).
And I can do some evening things without the need to do some watering, like fishing or grocery shopping in Lulukoko. I have a bit more time to play around with.

The watering-your-crops-twice-a-day mechanic has officially run its course, with no way to combat it until recently.

Just focus on one watering of your crops per day and then do something else in the evening. Or morning. Whatever works for you. As long as the Seated Elephant is doing its thing. I did have to organize my Soft Fields purely for the ability for the both of them to get the effects, but it was a quick job.

Basically this.