Married before finishing Farmer tips?

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

So this isn't about marriage, but... I JUST (a literal minute ago) got Wayne's confession and accepted it. Lynn happened to be visiting as I finished Farming Tips #1 a few game days ago. When I walked into the house and talked to her, she said this (I am copying it exactly because it is on my screen this moment. I came right here to transcribe it...how's that for sad? LOL.)

Super happy Lynn: What? You're going out with someone? Really?! Wow, wait until Mom hears about this!

Super happy Lynn: Anyway, as your sister, I'm glad to hear that it's working out for you two.

And then she goes back instantly to her five or so scripted lines.
FarmerKurage
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So they do say something if you're dating!! thank you Kikki!! also congrats on getting to Wayne already
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Why thank you :) I was able to get Wayne's dark blue event right away on Summer 5 when Tsuyukusa finally opened, allowing me to walk from Tsuyukusa North to Westown North at last. But if you're not advancing the plot or ranks much it's pretty difficult to afford that pendant to get to the proposal, so it wasn't until Summer 9 that the confession actually happened. Poor Holly had to take some Pepto and just bite the bullet and fork over nearly all of her money for that thing, lol.

It looks as though starting to date someone will trigger lines, but simply being already married or dating won't...you have to be in that stage where it's still brand new. If you run around the villages within a week of starting to date someone, every villager will have some sort of congratulatory dialogue for you. Lynn (and probably Marina, too?) has those congratulatory lines built in, too. I don't know but...maybe if you are within a week of your marriage when they visit, they'd acknowledge your marriage with a gift and a line of congratulatory dialogue like all the other villagers, since that's the way it worked with dating? I'll see if it's possible for me to get one of them to visit immediately after Wayne and Holly get married, but that's probably not going to be possible...all I need to do to get Farming Tips #2 done at this point is build the Dairy Factory, so I don't know if I can stretch it out for another season.

That'd be a little bit funny, though. Momma Marina would totally be crashing the honeymoon, lol.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
Mom did had a line. As mentioned before she visited a few days after the wedding.
I just meant that neither her or Lynn (or your spouse for that matter) notice the other during the said visit. Meal time even is empty.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, I remember you saying that Marina was visiting right after you got married, but you didn't mention the line of congratulations, so we didn't know if she said one or not. :) Though after seeing Lynn congratulate Holly for starting to date someone, I figured she would...had no idea before that. I thought they might not acknowledge that, either. Though they will if you send them a letter about it...I don't have the ability to send letters yet in this file, so I can't send anything to see those, this time.

But yeah, that is the ONLY special dialogue you get to see regarding your significant other...if you started dating within a week of their visit, or got married with a week of their visit, Lynn and Marina will have that one-time-only line/lines to congratulate you. (I have no idea if they give you a present after marriage like other villagers do because that requires friendship at a certain level, iirc.)

It won't change anything about their stay. They'll act as though your spouse isn't in the house at all and they won't join you for meals...they just walk around and say the same things they do when you're not married.

But at least they all meet your spouse properly with the DLC event :)

EDIT: I keep calling her Marina. I just cannot get used to the fact that it's Marlena. I usually call Daryl 'Darius', too, as I got so used to what we called them before the localization came out.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Sorry for double-posting here but I've gotten to the part where I can confirm that it is absolutely impossible to marry Wayne any faster than Ford...the earliest possible date you can get the final flower event is on Fall 3 (all the trigger conditions will finally exist for the first time on that day.)

So here's my report on just how possible or impossible it is to get married and/or have a child BEFORE you dive very far into the story itself. The goal was to get married at the first possible date (and hopefully also have the child at the earliest possible date) and to not finish too much of the game done in the process so that there'd be lots left to do while getting through child events and the changing spouse dialogue that takes 2 years to get through...basically to experience all possible family-related content before growing too bored with the file to continue.
Spoiler:
If you go trigger the event right away on Fall 3, the next day is the Beverage Bash...you won't be able to propose or even go buy the ring from Westown, so you'll have to wait until the 5th and hope that it isn't raining. Then your wedding will automatically be scheduled for 7 days later. So looks like Holly's wedding anniversary will be exactly the same as Salvia's (my Ford file MC, that is)...Fall 12.

In order to get to this point there aren't too many major roadblocks except that you can't get Wayne's best gift (and therefore build the extra AP he needs because he only has one event with AP gain after you start dating) until Lulukoko is at Rank C. I knew this part so as soon as multiplayer opened, I traded myself 28 Cafe Mochas. (My only trade so far in this file.) Though if you don't care about reverse confessions/proposals then it matters less...but I don't know for sure if you can get Wayne to the required FP by the start of Fall Year 1 unless you're using his favourite gift to double the points...so that's another roadblock, potentially. If you're not using Cafe Mocha as a regular gift you would probably be delayed beyond what I was as your FP would have risen at half the speed.

You'll also need (in Seedling prices...more if you play Veteran) 108,500 G in house renovations and 210,000 in confession and proposal items to get to the point of marriage...so 318,500G. Since I was trying not to develop my game too much to leave more to do AFTER marriage (the whole point of this experiment) I mostly used hot milk and rice porridge to make money when necessary, and even then I tried to buy and ship mostly when the towns were on a lock so that it would have no effect on progress, lol. :)

So that's how it went! I already have all towns at or waiting to break through to C, with Westown locked on the verge of B, and I'm done Farming Tips #2...so even being very ineffective, I got quite a bit done just getting to this point.

Having the child too would require even more. Not just the house cost (210,000 Seedling) but also the materials for the bed, which include Wool + (pretty difficult to get this early in the game) and Flax, which comes with Tsuyukusa being at Rank B. You'd also need to be at Rank B in order to make the Textile Mill.
In conclusion, unless you use multiplayer a LOT to get past the need to rank towns up to get certain items, you can't get married AND have a kid without completing a decent chunk of the game. Though I've played so patchily that I still have lots to do, lol. Basically I think it's safe to say you have to complete between half and two-thirds of the game's main goals in the process.

Now I'm going to go back to playing normally. Being inefficient on purpose was driving me NUTS. Though some parts of not trying to cram every possible useful thing into every waking moment in the game was more fun...mostly it's just not my gaming style, lol.

I should be able to get the Maiden with Shield soon so I can finally start raising my crop stats seriously :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow you’ve been busy :)

If you need: I can’t get on today but I have a ton of wool+ and I can grow flax.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks Shan! :) I will definitely come around begging for items if I decide to rush the birth of the kid (I may let him be a boy this time, and if so I think I'll have to name him Rocket), but right now I'm thinking I might just let that happen whenever I can gather the King Bed materials together after all. Not sure yet...depends on if I end up becoming impatient after all, lol. I mostly just wanted to marry as early as possible to make sure to get through all the spouse dialogue that gets added up to about two years after marriage before I get bored of this file.

Got my main farm filled all with Soft Field and have a Maiden with Shield now, so the farming is pretty smooth at this point, which makes things more fun :)

EDIT: Wedding complete and I know I saw it before but I just have to say...I hate what they do to the feMC for her wedding. Why does she carry the bouquet up to hide all of her face but her eyes? And why did they put that ugly wig on her? I hate that hairstyle and my character's hair is SUPER short, so it's obviously a wig. Bleah. (I miss being able to choose a look, though we never did get a lot of choice.)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Thanks Shan! :) I will definitely come around begging for items if I decide to rush the birth of the kid (I may let him be a boy this time, and if so I think I'll have to name him Rocket), but right now I'm thinking I might just let that happen whenever I can gather the King Bed materials together after all. Not sure yet...depends on if I end up becoming impatient after all, lol. I mostly just wanted to marry as early as possible to make sure to get through all the spouse dialogue that gets added up to about two years after marriage before I get bored of this file.

Got my main farm filled all with Soft Field and have a Maiden with Shield now, so the farming is pretty smooth at this point, which makes things more fun :)

EDIT: Wedding complete and I know I saw it before but I just have to say...I hate what they do to the feMC for her wedding. Why does she carry the bouquet up to hide all of her face but her eyes? And why did they put that ugly wig on her? I hate that hairstyle and my character's hair is SUPER short, so it's obviously a wig. Bleah. (I miss being able to choose a look, though we never did get a lot of choice.)
but I love the ringlets thats not nice..........
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's lucky for you, in that case, since there's no choice at the wedding. But since I hate that style, it ruins the wedding for me somewhat...it didn't even look like my character, any more. It looked like Wayne was marrying an NPC I had never met before. I think my MC looks ridiculous in that style when I know she actually has a sleek pixie cut and all of a sudden she appears at her wedding with puffy curls down past her shoulders. Why do they give us such a varied choice of hairstyle to let everyone pick something they like and then force a specific one on us at the wedding? It makes no sense to put a wig on my character for her wedding day. :/

Well this is off all off-topic, but...I wasn't happy about it. I got lucky with my Ludus and Yuzuki files because those styles looked possible since my MC had longer hair in those files, but it really didn't work out for me with the Westown wedding. :/
Last edited by Kikki on May 14, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki you’re not alone. I hated that hairstyle too.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's not to my taste, but it's fine if that's the one you've chosen for yourself. If you've got the tapered cut, all sleek and short and sharp, and all of a sudden you have fluffy round-curled hair past your shoulders, it just doesn't feel right at all. I was downright startled when I first saw the pair walking down the aisle, wondering who that was supposed to be, lol. Just for a second, but yeah...why did they have to choose an alternate style for us at all? Why not just use our normal look? They have to change the clothing, of course, but the whole head could have been left alone, or just have a flower added...something that doesn't affect hairstyle.

Sorry for these mostly off-topic comments, FarmerKurage.
FarmerKurage
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh I don't mind one bit about it being off-topic!,Thanks for the report Kikki!,I must say it's incredible how many blocks they put so you can't get married till the fall much less even have the materials needed to do so....heck I forgot about the special gifts and then I thought how you can't even get Ford's until Westown is at a rank A!

also sidenote with the hairstyle for the wedding,I only saw Lulukoko and Tsukusuya's hairstyles beforehand,and I always give my farmer a bobcut so I was REALLY shocked when I saw the ringlets!!,It's cute but just not my style nor possible with the bobcut...I really loved Lulukoko's out of them all (actually I think thats the hairstyle I have now)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Fortunately Ford is the very easiest guy to go after, with mint being a 'loved' level gift that you can give to him from day one without even spending any money. And because all of his events award 15 AP if you choose right, you don't need to give favourite-level gifts to get the extra AP in time. :) (Ford will have 30 more AP than Wayne automatically in the same time frame.)

But even so, since you can't 'speak with all 3 deities' until Fall 1 when Inari finally wakes up, you can't marry Ford any sooner than you can Wayne. If you REALLY wanted to get married sooner, then without those semi-hidden time locks, I think it would be possible to get married by the middle to the end of the first summer.

But you'd have to use multiplayer to get favourite-gifts given to you to speed the process up and choose 'charmer' as your starting personality for that extra 10,000 FP with the opposite-gender candidates. You need to win all the festivals you attend, too, to get extra FP...and do your best at the goddess festival and then choose them as your dance partner (a total of 6000 FP!)

So yeah, in conclusion, your own hard work and some help from multiplayer at the earliest opportunity to get a stack of favourite gifts (I think it was Spring 8 when Dessie appeared) could let you get married mid-to-late summer ONLY to Wayne, Lisette or Ford (you can't even finish Ludus' friendship events until Fall 17! Though the twins don't have that so they might be possible in Fall, too), but the game makes that impossible, even if you also busted your little digital patootie to make half a million dollars to buy the house upgrades (that's including the kid, though...only a bit over 200,000 if you just go for marriage.). You'd also have to spend a lot more to buy house materials unless you'd foraged every scrap every day and saved it all...then you'd still probably have to spend on materials, but less.

In other words, they don't actually mean for you to get married this early, lol. But I might never make it two years of marriage to see all the dialogue if I didn't get married really early, because I would have run out of things to do and gotten bored.
Spoiler:
I actually kept a journal for my MC through this to keep track of every time I got stalled on something I needed to do to get through the courtship process, and it was one of Holly's major gripes, that her long braids were so long and in the way that she kept kneeling on them when she was planting and weeding and would end up not just grinding dirt into the end of her braid but also hurting herself when she didn't realize it had gotten under her knee and straightened up and...OW!

So the MINUTE Sharaku's opened on Summer 6, my version of Holly ran straight there to get her hair chopped entirely off. It was a major part of her character, that short hair. So...I didn't like that they just reversed that for the wedding. And they chose one of my least-liked styles in the game to boot. -__-
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know if anyone cares about this last little update, but it finishes off my timing experiment, anyway.

I managed to rank Tsuyukusa up to B and unlock Flax in time to get the 30 Blue Flax Thread made for the King Bed, and also to squeeze 10 Wool + out of my C-ranked sheep thanks to resetting, so I was able to make the bed before a season was up.

The marriage was on Fall 12, and the marital event ("Wayne's Big Party", I think it was called) triggered right on Winter 12. I am currently playing Winter 13, which is the Animal Festival...and the pregnancy event happened right on schedule. So there was no delay at all in getting the child cooked up. Looks like I was able to both get married at the earliest possible date AND have the kid at the earliest possible date...but I wasn't able to keep any of my town ranks below B during that process (I only have one thing left to do for Farming Tips #2, as well...just gotta win 3 more brand-raising festivals, which will be complete as of Winter 30, Year 1.)

And that completes my experiment. Looks like it was half successful. I would have liked to have been able to get here while progressing a little less, leaving more to do later on...but at least I still have two more ranks to get with two towns and one with the third. And I haven't begun fishing at all, so I can always concentrate on mushroom, pearl, maple syrup and honey crops along with fishing, fish farming, and part time jobs in later year 2 and probably into year 3...I haven't dealt with much of that.