My pregnant alpaca is stressed

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Lacipyt
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Like the title says... she’s not doing so hot. I bought this alpaca just to breed (going for the breed one of everything trophy) so she went straight from Westown to the breeding box. But I’ve since noticed that she is getting more and more stressed!! I fed her and it made it go away for a little while but now it’s back and worse than ever. I'm worried she's going to die and she's only got 4 days left of the pregnancy before I sell her. Why is this happening? Any idea how to fix it?

** figured out how to attach the photo.

Tehya Faye
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Can you brush or talk to her? I haven't bred any livestock, but lack of brushing is usually the cause for high stress meters. If you can brush her just hold down the button until it stops you automatically. If you can't then I'm not sure what's up. The barn is clean, right? You could also try the Cow King Statue - that reduces animal stress a bit.

I suspect pregnant animals can't die, though, and even if it does get sick it'll take 5 days for it to actually die from it.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The only thing I could add would be to give her a treat a day too. I never had any animals get stressed enough to get sick while pregnant so I'm not sure what the parameters are on it. Either way, don't stress TOO much (no pun intended). I can't imagine they would let it be possible for animals to die while pregnant since you're so limited on helping them out.
Lacipyt
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Since she only has 4 days left I decided to test to see if she would deliver. I slept through the 4 days ans on fall 29 she gave birth. The stress was completely gone. I’m not worried anymore but what a crazy glitch. The llama I had before her did the same but not as badly. She also gained affection hearts which stayed but I’m still going to sell her. (Sorry brown.) Now to go back and play those days as normal.

Also, thanks for the advice. :) I tried both talking and treats but as usual it just gave the pregnancy line “she’s looking more motherly by the day!”
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Oh boy. :shock: Glad you thought of that...LOL and glad it worked out!