Wayne Post-Marriage Dialogue Is Weird??

Explore Lulukoko, Tsukuyusa, and Westown in this multi-cultural farming game for Nintendo 3DS. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Jun 2016. NA release = Feb 2017. EU release = Oct 2017.
Maggre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

So I married Wayne, and he tells me this occasionally, “Howdy, XXX. You’ve got an awful happy smile on your face today! Are you, say, getting married soon?” and then follows up with, “ha ha! Sorry, couldnt help myself.”

And he ONLY started saying this AFTER the marriage, day OF the wedding.

Before the wedding and after the engagement he was saying something about how he was excited to see me dressed up, but this comment still seems premarriage to me?

Is anyone else seeing this and/or confused by it? Is it a bug maybe?
Last edited by Maggre on May 20, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tehya Faye
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

That honestly sounds like something Wayne should be saying if you're engaged to somebody else, to be perfectly honest. Very weird. If it's a bug I hope it'll clear itself up on its own after a while for you.

Edit: Aw, apparently this forum doesn't allow users to delete their posts. The second line makes it clear that it is a romantic Wayne line (I've yet to get married in this game, so I didn't know what his engaged dialogue is), so disregard this post entirely. :lol:
Last edited by Tehya Faye on May 20, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Assuming it's not a bug, (I didn't woo Wayne so I'm not so sure if it's in his character/personality) but can it be possible he's kidding you? Like, he knows you two are already married, and he sees that you're as happy as you were when you were just engaged, so he couldn't help channel that happiness into playful teasing?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, I just married Wayne within (still within the first season of marriage) and he says that line constantly. He NEVER says it before marriage. I assumed that they translated it just a little bit wrong, and that what it should say is probably a long the lines of 'Did you get married recently?' rather than soon. Because it's a post-marriage line, not a pre-marriage one. That's the only way it made sense to me, but I don't actually know.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I assumed that they translated it just a little bit wrong, and that what it should say is probably a long the lines of 'Did you get married recently?' rather than soon.
Can confirm this. It's undoubtedly a mistranslation.
That line is coded for the newly married (to you) line in the text dump, so he will only say it around a season or so after the Wedding Ceremony. However, I also checked the japanese wiki to see what does he say in the jpn version, and he does say a past tense rather than future tense.

Here's the line in the original japanese sentence:

「やあ(主人公)、ずいぶん幸せそうな顔をしてるね。ひょっとして結婚でもしたのかい?」
「ははっ、なんてね。」

The english translation is relatively faithful to the original line, but 「結婚でもした」part, which is indicating a past form, was mistranslated.

So basically, it's not bug or glitch; just a typo.
Maggre
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oh wow that makes a lot more sense! I recently downloaded the dlc too and it didnt get fixed so it seemed intentional. Sad it didnt grt retranslated, but glad i know what it was supposed to be now!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It could be interpreted as he saying you look radiant, like a woman about to get married.

And the joke is that you’re already married. To him.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:It could be interpreted as he saying you look radiant, like a woman about to get married.

Lol
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:It could be interpreted as he saying you look radiant, like a woman about to get married.

That’s what I was thinking too lol