Black Potatoes – help

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have twice planted purple potato seeds on dry soil at medium level in summer however; I have not managed to get any black potatoes. I am using fertilizer.

Am I doing something wrong?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hm, maybe you're a bit too low? Black potatoes can grow on most elevantions above home level.

Anyway, there IS a bit of a luck element. How many purple potatoes are you planting?
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Hm, maybe you're a bit too low? Black potatoes can grow on most elevantions above home level.

Anyway, there IS a bit of a luck element. How many purple potatoes are you planting?
I have been planting 72 crops at ago in that particular area which I have designated for crops that require dry soil on medium level. I have been planting other crops (for example tomato seeds to get San Marzano) that require the same conditions and have been getting between 9-16 mutated crops.

I had considered elevating the area after my last crop of Tomatoes/San Marzano to see what happens.

*By the way thanks for your guide. It is so helpful :)
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LillyKay wrote: I have been planting 72 crops at ago in that particular area which I have designated for crops that require dry soil on medium level. I have been planting other crops (for example tomato seeds to get San Marzano) that require the same conditions and have been getting between 9-16 mutated crops.

I had considered elevating the area after my last crop of Tomatoes/San Marzano to see what happens.

*By the way thanks for your guide. It is so helpful :)
Hm so that does sound like you should be getting at least a few! Hopefully you'll be getting them soon, you can try to reload the day to reroll the crops... In the case it's just terrible luck :shock:

Maybe try using fertilizer every day. In case it's one of those crops :shifty:

If all that fails, then there's definitely something odd going on. Either they need to be a bit higher (most likely), or the information I used for the guide was wrong.

You're welcome btw!
Granny789
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Off topic, just wanted to say thanks for the guide, Getaris, it's awesome but I also have a question on Low/Med/High elevations. I usually go within a few blocks below the Goddess Spring for high and figure that covers it but is low below water level?? and I'm not sure how high and low Mid range goes.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Granny789 wrote:Off topic, just wanted to say thanks for the guide, Getaris, it's awesome but I also have a question on Low/Med/High elevations. I usually go within a few blocks below the Goddess Spring for high and figure that covers it but is low below water level?? and I'm not sure how high and low Mid range goes.
Thank you! You're welcome.

My guide covers the elevations in really broad strokes. In general, if we count each level of elevantion from the lowest to the highest (0 being the lowest level, the "bedrock"), for low elevation, levels 4 to 6 seem to work best most of the time.

For high elevation, yeah a few blocks below the spring would be good. Most plants mutate at the medium-to-high range, so having a few experimental fields in that area with varying moisture conditions is a good idea.

Likewise, the elevations around the level where the entrance to town/your house are (a.k.a. the "house elevation") work best for mid-elevantion plants. Many plants grow the fastest around here, I think about thee levels above the house elevation. (or was it below...?)
Granny789
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:
Granny789 wrote:Off topic, just wanted to say thanks for the guide, Getaris, it's awesome but I also have a question on Low/Med/High elevations. I usually go within a few blocks below the Goddess Spring for high and figure that covers it but is low below water level?? and I'm not sure how high and low Mid range goes.
Thank you! You're welcome.

My guide covers the elevations in really broad strokes. In general, if we count each level of elevantion from the lowest to the highest (0 being the lowest level, the "bedrock"), for low elevation, levels 4 to 6 seem to work best most of the time.

For high elevation, yeah a few blocks below the spring would be good. Most plants mutate at the medium-to-high range, so having a few experimental fields in that area with varying moisture conditions is a good idea.

Likewise, the elevations around the level where the entrance to town/your house are (a.k.a. the "house elevation") work best for mid-elevantion plants. Many plants grow the fastest around here, I think about thee levels above the house elevation. (or was it below...?)
Oh ok, that makes sense. I appreciate you responding so quickly. I think it was -3 in previous game. It's been a long time for me though and I just got this game a few days ago. Thanks again!!!