How many times do you use fertilizer for mutations?

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
TreeHugger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So I'm growing magical berries and I've been using the berry blend like so to get the mutation for it. I'm wondering how often are you supposed to fertilize a plant to get their mutation? Do you fertilize them once every day, or just once during a growth cycle?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To unlock the chance for a mutation, you only need to apply the special fertilizer once during the plant's life.

To keep the health rate high and improve the chances of mutation, you should apply fertilizer daily. It doesn't matter which kind, you can use the cheap stuff.
TreeHugger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:To unlock the chance for a mutation, you only need to apply the special fertilizer once during the plant's life.

To keep the health rate high and improve the chances of mutation, you should apply fertilizer daily. It doesn't matter which kind, you can use the cheap stuff.
Thank you very much! :lol:
princesszelda
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:To unlock the chance for a mutation, you only need to apply the special fertilizer once during the plant's life.

Oh, good to know. I've always wondered about this and have been wasting my money using the special fertilizer everyday. D'oh.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

On top of fertilizing daily, remember that your crops dry up at a different rate depending on the season/type of ground they're on. Dry stuff / hot weather needs to be watered more often.