Fun if you don't like Minecraft?

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Maybe this aspect was only in the first Natsume game and not this one, but I remember seeing prerelease footage with Minecraft-like aspects. I don't like building things or designing things tbqh.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

This game plays nothing like minecraft, not even a little bit, so you'll be fine.

The place looks blocky because can dig down and pile up units of dirt to change the elevation of the terrain.

You can certainly take the time to make nice looking fields or formations, but that's about as far as customization goes. Most of the time you'll just want a plain field at the right elevation.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't like Minecraft at all, but the farming in Skytree was fun for me.

The building/designing you may want to do is pretty basic. Some crops mutate at higher or lower levels, and at varying levels of soil moisture. That's really all you ever need to worry about with 'building'. The elevation of the soil you're planting in, and its proximity to water. So you don't need to be good at designing to get it right :) (Only if you want it to be fancy, I guess, and there's no need for that unless it's what you want.)
Robotkitty5848
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Minecraft never interested me. This game did. I only messed with moving blocks when I needed to.