Unresponsive villagers?

Restore the powers of the seven magical Skytrees to revitalize the valley and entice the villagers to move back to the local town. [ Game Guide ] JP release = None. NA release = Nov 2016. EU release = Jun 2017.
grandheroking
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Hopefully this isn't a problem with the game, and I'm just doing things wrong, but it seems that sometimes villagers don't act the way they should.

The first time I noticed this was on Cyril's birthday. I talked to him, yet he didn't even mention his birthday. His chemistry % didn't even raise, either. On Sam's birthday, however, he talked about it and his chemistry skyrocketed, so I know there was something wrong.

The second time was when Sofia asked for great animal feed. She asked for it during the Max quest, and so when I tried to give it to her in her house there was no option to give it to her. I thought maybe that the Max quest is getting in the way, so I didn't think much of it.

Now, Gareth isn't accepting my onions. He mentions that he's awaiting the items I need to give him, but I have no option to. I have everything he asked for, but he just isn't taking them.

What's up with this? Am I doing something wrong?????
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Two suggestions...
You can only given items to people for quests during their working hours. If you try to give it to them while they are relaxing, they won't accept it. It was the same in Lost Valley. There's not really any indication of how this works in the game, so it is kind of confusing.
Also if you're trying to give in a quest requirement all items have to be the same type, so if they're asking for 6 onions, you need to have either 6 onions OR 6 great onions. You can't have 3 onions and 3 great onions or 2 onions, 2 onion mutations, and 2 great onions...or any other combination.
Hopefully this helps!
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The general rule is "walking around the valley = not accepting requests."