Game Breaking Money Glitch

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
Justinisakitten
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Okay, so, As my first post ever on this forum I want to talk about a glitch you can do in HM3. It's actually stupidly simple to pull off and you can do it on the original GBC or the VC, or even other emulators. :lol:

This glitch Is simultaneously two glitches in one, as it is an item duplicating glitch and a system money manipulation glitch. Like i said, it's very simple and allows you easy money early on in the game (Pretty much the first day)
what you need is any object in your storage stacked to a total of of a number over two. (Basically any number over one. we'll call this item the Number Item). Then have another storage item with a total of one (Or, Duplicate Item) Then, go into your house and call the Farmers Union and ask to make a shipment.

On the storage shipment screen, select your number item, Scroll to the top number of that item, then press B to cancel with that number still on the screen, (Note: do not select to ship the item or it will not work) Then, go to the duplicate item and press down, you will notice there is more of that item than you originally had, whatever the top number on the Number item was, that will be subtracted by one. Select to ship those items, then go back into the shipment screen again...

You'll notice that whatever number of duplicate item you shipped will be multiplied by 18 :!:
This happens because the game thinks you have gathered more items than you actually have, causing the game to stress the engine, making it multiply your item.
You can now sell these items and do this glitch again and again until you have all the money you could ever want. And yes, this works with any storable item in the game so you can make so much money and have as many items as you want!
It just gets ridiculous when you do this with items that ship for a really high price, you can even have 99 King Of Lakes!!!

Anyway, I hope i helped out some of you guys, have fun with this!
Justinisakitten
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Before people point it out, yes, literally just realized there's a page on the Ushi sight that sees to this glitch. I'm still going to leave this here just in case you wanted to see a more in depth explanation. :zzz: