Help with Popuri’s Black Heart Event

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
olivia222
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I’ve been trying to trigger Popuri’s Black Heart event for a week now. I’ve read a few different things about times online but from my understanding anytime from 11am-6pm should work, and I’ve tried for literallly an entire in game day. Am I missing something? I walk out of the blacksmith and nothing happens... I’ve triggered this before on a different save file so it’s driving me insane.
Miku134
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Try going dead on 11am, not 11:10am or later. I walked from the left path (not from the Blacksmiths shop) at EXACTLY 11am. Also make sure it's a sunny day and not a festival, including the gift giving festival. It also might not trigger on days when their shop is closed, although I can't quite remember which days they are sorry. Just every day at 11am run into that screen and you should get it after a few tries. I had already given Popuri some of the white flowers from the mountain before triggering the event, I don't know if that helps but it's worth a try. Good luck!
olivia222

Post  Posted:

The shop is only closed sundays so I don’t think that’s an issue. I tried walking from both the left side and the blacksmith at exactly 11 am and still have not triggered it. I’ve given Popuri a few different gifts before too but she is still a Black Heart. Are there any other requirements I’m missing or something I’m doing incorrectly? I’ve already bought a chicken if that changes anything. It’s spring 25 (Wednesday) in my game right now.