The Ann/Cliff black heart rival event will not trigger

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
jngy slate
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I go to the second floor of the Inn between 7 pm and 9pm and go in the room with Cliff in it, and no scene triggers. Ann is at a black heart. The date is Summer the 4th. I know I am running out of time to see this event, does anyone know why it will not trigger for me?
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I remember always finding it difficult to trigger their heart events. :/
I have one suggestion - I think in this game in order to trigger an event, you need to have talked to every person involved in the event at least once. I know you're already a season into the game, but are you sure you've talked to Ann and Cliff before?
You can still trigger this event in Fall if you don't manage to trigger it in time though, right?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi I read that you can still trigger Ann and Cliff's black and purple rival heart events past the first year, that you just have to wait for the first weeks of Spring and Summre to come around again and then you can try again. So i am just going to try my hardest to keep Ann at a black heart until Spring this upcoming year. To answer your question, yes I have met Cliff before, but i did not see his "black heart event" (Where the pastor carter wants me to hang out iwth him or something. I tried to get THAT event to trigger thinking it would make ann and cliffs rivfal events trigger, but i couldnt get that event to trigger either)
And I formally met Ann through her black heart event when I went into the Inn within the first few days of the game. (her and her dad, hi sit down have some pie lol) Thank you for the help :)
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Okay well good luck! I have memories of entering the inn at 10 minute intervals trying to get some of their heart events to trigger lol. It's some tricky business.

I wouldn't imagine that you'd need to trigger the black heart events in order to see rival heart events though, so that probably wasn't the problem. Who knows though. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST FALL IN LOVE LIKE WE WANT THEM TO.
ThatGirlRena
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

That's only true for HEART events, not RIVAL events...