Town Cottage

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Is there anyone actually got town Cottage ? I never cheat in harvest moon so I dont know how it is like though :sleep:
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

I always thought it was just a smaller house located in the town, but apparently you can play the Rock Paper Scissors game with the HG every Saturday as opposed to just during New Year's.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

gossipstone wrote:I always thought it was just a smaller house located in the town, but apparently you can play the Rock Paper Scissors game with the HG every Saturday as opposed to just during New Year's.
Nah I mean that it is almost impossible to get 1 billion gold to buy that cottage, so I was just asking if anyone was a hardcore fan of FoMT enough to buy that house :P I think it is even harder that marrying HM goddess :eek:
Cal
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Knightmare wrote:
gossipstone wrote:I always thought it was just a smaller house located in the town, but apparently you can play the Rock Paper Scissors game with the HG every Saturday as opposed to just during New Year's.
Nah I mean that it is almost impossible to get 1 billion gold to buy that cottage, so I was just asking if anyone was a hardcore fan of FoMT enough to buy that house :P I think it is even harder that marrying HM goddess :eek:
It's only 100 million, actually, haha.

I don't really see the point in getting it. I mean, you spent so much time upgrading the house you already live in so what's the point of buying another one? And don't even get me started on the mountain house...
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Cal wrote:
Knightmare wrote:
It's only 100 million, actually, haha.

I don't really see the point in getting it. I mean, you spent so much time upgrading the house you already live in so what's the point of buying another one? And don't even get me started on the mountain house...
Haha yes indeed that is my point =)) but i just want to know if any die hard try hard FoMT farmer would do it and if so what sorcery did they use :? I have gone through internet for a while and the only answer is "pineaple + shooting stars event" sooooooo... maybe you can get both cottage at the same time. It usually tooke me 30 mins a day in FoMT. to get mountain cottage it would take:
120*50*0.5=3000 hours....

3000 HOURS!!!!

OH MY HARVEST GOODESS

so nope.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm sure with a full team of trained sprites and a full field of yams, pineapples, or other profitable seasonal crop, you'll have that cottage in a few years...

Let's see, the field is apparently 25*43 in size. That's 1075 plants you can have growing at the same time.

Let's assume it's the first day of autumn and you planted a full field of yams, after six days you'll have 1075 ready to harvest, each one sells for 120g, that's... 129, 000g.

Under optimal circumstances, a yam plant will be ready to harvest around... 13 times in that month. That gives us...

1, 677, 000g in one month.

In summer, we would use pineapples. 1075 plants, they sell for 500 each, they can be harvested up to 2 times in a month... 1, 075, 000g. If course, assuming you didn't lose any plants during a storm.

In spring... Strawberries. Same formula, can harvest up to 11 times. 354, 750g. Laaaame.

Now, let's tally up. In three seasons... You made....

3, 106, 750g. Assuming you did nothing else during that year.

For the cottage you need 100 million G... Uh... 100/3... You just need to repeat that same routine during 33 short years!

I'd like to believe a skilled farmer with a barn full of a animals, makers and a basket full of gems every day during winter will at least get another million or two, cutting that year wait to around 22 years.

Easy as cake.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:I'm sure with a full team of trained sprites and a full field of yams, pineapples, or other profitable seasonal crop, you'll have that cottage in a few years...

Let's see, the field is apparently 25*43 in size. That's 1075 plants you can have growing at the same time.

Let's assume it's the first day of autumn and you planted a full field of yams, after six days you'll have 1075 ready to harvest, each one sells for 120g, that's... 129, 000g.

Under optimal circumstances, a yam plant will be ready to harvest around... 13 times in that month. That gives us...

1, 677, 000g in one month.

In summer, we would use pineapples. 1075 plants, they sell for 500 each, they can be harvested up to 2 times in a month... 1, 075, 000g. If course, assuming you didn't lose any plants during a storm.

In spring... Strawberries. Same formula, can harvest up to 11 times. 354, 750g. Laaaame.

Now, let's tally up. In three seasons... You made....

3, 106, 750g. Assuming you did nothing else during that year.

For the cottage you need 100 million G... Uh... 100/3... You just need to repeat that same routine during 33 short years!

I'd like to believe a skilled farmer with a barn full of a animals, makers and a basket full of gems every day during winter will at least get another million or two, cutting that year wait to around 22 years.

Easy as cake.
Haha so 22 years with about 50 mins a day is 1k5 hours of gameplay is fine though.

JK, but there is shooting star event every 5 years that double the money you earn in 1 day. but then it does not mean that the time will be half because the fridge wont hold enough that amount of yam and pineapple :lol:
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Knightmare wrote:
Ohhhh haha. Yeah, I agree with Cal that there's not much point in getting it, unless you're a hardcore completionist, I guess. Honestly, though, after marriage and having a child, I'm pretty much done with M/FoMT, so I don't think I'd have the patience to stick around for however many years.
ThatGirlRena
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Here's an old thread that might help you out.

It doesn't account for stuff like shooting star or horse racing, though.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

ThatGirlRena wrote:Here's an old thread that might help you out.

Haha yes, i understood that someone must have done that before :), it is just that I wonder how much real life time to do that, not in game time :P
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getting the town cottage has been a dream of mine since I was like ten, but I don't think I'll ever have the stamina hahaha
ThatGirlRena
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Knightmare wrote:
ThatGirlRena wrote:Here's an old thread that might help you out.

Haha yes, i understood that someone must have done that before :), it is just that I wonder how much real life time to do that, not in game time :P
Several months, at a guess. Maybe a year, total. Assuming you play every day.
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, well, I certainly don't imagine too many people have gotten the town cottage because of the ridiculous price. Funny thing, I think somebody accidently added an extra zero in translation, since it's only ten million in the japanese version of the game.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If anybody has stuck it in long enough to do that, they are a « Harvest Goddess » to me.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess if you're going for the mountain cottage, you might as well try and save up for the town one.

Playing perfectly it takes around 25 years, 50 years should be enough for a normal human.