Is "Trent" the Doctor's first or last name?

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Vampyra
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'd say it's his first name...
The game creators should've named him "Trent" from the beginning. Seriously, just "Doctor"? :shock:
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

"Trent" is the name of the Doctor in DSC.

"Tim" is the name of the Doctor in MFoMT and possibly previous games.

Personally, I'd like to think of it as his whole name is Tim Trent.
BlueButterfly
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ranger wrote:"Trent" is the name of the Doctor in DSC.

"Tim" is the name of the Doctor in MFoMT and possibly previous games.

Personally, I'd like to think of it as his whole name is Tim Trent.

Nina Star 99
in BTN, the dog's name is tim, they never say that the doctor's name is tim, but people assumed so because of a programming error.

i guess they didn't think that you'd get the sandwiches recipe before stu gets a puppy, because ellen mentions that stu makes it for tim all the time, and if she says that before stu gets tim... naturally, fans wondered who tim was, and thought it was the doctor. there is no actual mention of tim being the doctor's name, though.

also, his name still isn't trent in this game. even if it were the same doctor (which it isn't -- DS/C takes place 100 years in the future), he's still never called that in -this- game. that doesn't preclude theorizing about it, of course~
AHEM.
Seriously people, in BTN, BTNFG, FOMT, and MFOMT, his name is Doctor. Not Trent, not Tim, and not Alex. Doctor. D-o-c-t-o-r. Sorry for getting snippy but seriously. His name is DOCTOR. I read somewhere that in the Japanese version of HMDS his name was STILL Doctor, but Natsume changed it. I can't confirm this though, I don't speak Japanese.
dohorcadrg
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I just want to thank this thread for inspiring my siggy. Although I am a big Doctor fangirl! *sequels!*
It's kinda funny to have a guy named Doctor in this game, it gives me an idea to start a new game with the farmer name "Farmer", dog name "Dog", farm named "Farm", horse name "Horse", cows named "Cow", sheep named "Sheep", chickens named "Chicken". I think I'll marry the Doctor and named our baby, "Child" or "Daughter"
Oh another idea! Thanks thread!
I would think if Trent is actually his name, it'll be his first. But most likely his name in this game is plain and simple Doctor.
(It doesn't matter to me though, I'll always love him. *sequels louder and higher pitched!*)
Princess Keira
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

BlueButterfly wrote:I read somewhere that in the Japanese version of HMDS his name was STILL Doctor, but Natsume changed it. I can't confirm this though, I don't speak Japanese.
If I remember correctly, Natsume changed all the names. I can't find Trent's original name, but I know that the girls had different names.
usui20
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I think it is his first name actually because HM is a little bit of an informal game.