Recover from orange heart?

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
MooMooMilk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Wanted to see some of the rival events for them, but now ready to marry(Rick). Is it possible to turn that orange heart to red and for him to not wed when the time comes?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by "not wed" with Rick? You'll need a red heart color before you can marry him. With the fourth rival event, you need to be in year 4 or later and have an orange heart color or lower (orange, yellow, blue, green, etc.). If Rick is at a red heart color then you can't see his last rival event but he can still marry you if you've met the remaining requirements for marriage.
MooMooMilk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Thanks for explaining, I think I misunderstood what the orange heart is for as I see it on the rival page and on the heart for bachelor as well and somehow thought I was locked out on the Rick after seeing a few of them. Not in Year 4 yet, so I'll go try marrying as soon as I can.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

There's 4 rival events for Rick and Karen. If you actually would've seen the 4th one, the orange heart one, then their marriage would've happened after like 7 days, and as far as I know, I don't think you can stop it. But since you're not in year 4, then you haven't seen that one. Also, Popuri has to be married to Kai for you to even get that one. It's definitely not easy to trigger that event by accident. Sounds like you're safe.
MooMooMilk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Didn't know about Kai and Popuri, so I think I'm extra safe. Thanks! :)

Can't remember if what I heard was true or not back then, but was there a glitch if you married Rick late, early, or neither at all? I think about time freezing or something.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

No problem!

And I can't remember hearing/reading anything like that. I did a bit of searching and couldn't find anything. Can you remember where you heard that?
MooMooMilk
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I think it was years ago and it was something about either freezing time or something to do with the teleport item in the mines. Tried finding keywords like "glitch" but couldn't find anything. I think I either got confused with another glitch or mistaken. Just that holding off on marrying Rick was the only thing that kept with me after all this time to not trigger it.

I think I'll just marry him soon as I can and put up with any weird glitch like usual, lol!