Bokumono for Switch: What you would like to see?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="Robinstar"]I was around 8 or 9 or something when I got AWL. I remember getting the impression the game might've been meant for older people when I first played it, what with the bar, death, random creepy/depressing « Puppy Doodoo », and Muffy calling me sexy.[/quote]

It's a bit surprising no HM game has gotten a T rating, or even a E+ one iirc. Even with all the alcohol, they all get E's.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Well, I played my first Harvest Moon game at 11 years old. (ToTT)

I didn't even know what mechanics were, but I still loved that game. I do think Harvest Moon games are for a general audience. Sort of like Animal Crossing. You can be super rich and own everything, or you can just spend your time fishing. No matter your age, you can enjoy Harvest Moon any way you want.
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

To be honest I got into harvest moon because of the slow pace because I can't play most button Mashers.....and it was different than any rpg out there......,
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'd like to see them dramatically scale back on the crafting - the 3DS games have been plagued by it. There's too much stuff, with very little actual value, that requires too many materials to create. Case in point: You can make farm circle combos in Trio of Towns that will give you extra friendship to villagers in each of the towns. However when you look at the actual materials you'd need to create such a combo, you'd literally be in, like, year three before you can make it and by that point you could have maxed everyone's friendship out just by winning festivals.

I'd like them to keep the bigger harvests like in Story of Seasons and Trio of Towns (especially Trio of Towns's animal products) and the food bonuses.

More varied festivals - There are so many competitions and they all play out the exact same way and it's really repetitive. Trio of Towns seemed like it was starting in the right direction (The trilympics, the beverage bash, the "eat food and dance" ones), but I'd still like to see more active ones, like the tomato fights, or the horse races, or the chicken sumo fights, or the swimming competition from Back to Nature.

Same-« Chicken Hugging » marriage.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I would like for the eyes to shrink a little, this time. I was okay with the eye size in SoS, though some characters there did have pretty huge ones, but Trio took it just that extra shade too far for me, where the eyes are so large they appear to bulge, at least to me. More on some characters than others. I liked SoS character art style a little better all-round than Trio's, though I did love how colourful Trio was. I'd like if they took SoS style and emphasized the almost watercolour look of it, and toned down the cartoonishness a little.

I'm really not sure what kind of style they're going to take, as I don't feel that the current style being used on 3DS games will show nicely on a television screen. But I guess we'll see.

How is everyone attempting to track possible info leaks or releases? Personally I've been checking nintendoeverything.com under their 'marvellous' tag since they seem to pass along just about everything that ever comes out of Famitsu magazine, which is, I think, where most published info on Trio of Towns originally came out in 2016. I'm not sure if there are other resources to be checking.

I'm twitching waiting on a glimpse of the (presumably) new art style. I know a lot of people can make do with whatever style they get, but I'm super fussy about visuals. Simply not finding the game visually attractive would ruin it completely for me, so I'm dancing around like a kid who needs the potty, waiting to see what we're going to get now that Bokumono is moving to a new console.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Is Trio the one where the players daughter has a thousand yard stare as her normal face?

Or was that SoS?

Edit: yes it's trio.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Is Trio the one where the players daughter has a thousand yard stare as her normal face?

Or was that SoS?

Edit: yes it's trio.
I was going to say Trio too xD because here’s the SoS daughter.

Luckily I saved some of the few shots I had from SoS.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Taken from Cherubae's Trio of Towns guide on the 'Your Child' page...here is the first daughter image I found, of Ford's little girl:

Is that the thousand-yard-stare you mean? That pictured there is the daughter's standard expression. It does look a little...unblinking.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I never got my Miiverse history :(

Anyway haha, yeah that one. The unfocused stare is funny to me.

Your comment about the big bulging eyes reminded me of it.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote: How is everyone attempting to track possible info leaks or releases? Personally I've been checking nintendoeverything.com under their 'marvellous' tag since they seem to pass along just about everything that ever comes out of Famitsu magazine, which is, I think, where most published info on Trio of Towns originally came out in 2016. I'm not sure if there are other resources to be checking.
At least for the past 3 releases it's been announced in Famitsu, and usually the word spreads fast enough that it's posted here almost immediately. Usually on a Tuesday (Wednesday in Japan) unless there's a holiday when Famitsu scans come out. Unsure if it'll be Famitsu this time around though since it's jumping onto the Switch and who knows what Marv/Nintendo's plans are, but guess we'll see!

The Switch subreddit will be another good place to scope out, since no doubt it'll be posted there as well. Also http://www.japanesenintendo.com/ is another good one. Here's the old announcement thread for 3oT if you're curious: http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=169120

As for the topic, I'd really like to see some sort of automation for animal husbandry later on in the game. Either sprites, spouse/kids, or letting me hire someone to take care of my crazy amount of animal chores because for me it's easily the most tedious part of the game, and I'm not sure at this point they'd ever go back to simplifying the process of it.

Also, please have legit mining. I miss it so much :( I don't mind if there's mining points for people who hate it but I really miss the older style mines.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

1) same « Chicken Hugging » marriage
2) proper mine
3) rival marriage/children
4) interactive festivals
5) photography aspect back from AP
6) better romance events esp for female mcs
7) ducks and silkworms
8) Family Labor Force
9) NPC family recognition in dialogue post marriage.
10) family events both main and extended if there
11) NO NEON LIGHT GREEN EYEBALL BURNING COLOR GRASS FOR THE LOVE OF « Harvest Goddess »
12) diversity in characters
13) consistent coloring from official artwork, portrait, and sprite. They messed up Ludus bad.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:Your comment about the big bulging eyes reminded me of it.
Komari and the twins in particular freak me out with their enormous bug eyes. Luckily (for me) most of the male characters have slightly more reasonable orb size. And sometimes they're styled more sleekly, like Yuzuki and Kasumi's eyes. It's really mostly just the faces that bother me...I love Komari's design otherwise: her outfit is the cutest of anyone's, imo. And the twins have great colouring all over. It's just those monstrous eyes. @.@
RopeMaidenKirie wrote:At least for the past 3 releases it's been announced in Famitsu, and usually the word spreads fast enough that it's posted here almost immediately. Usually on a Tuesday (Wednesday in Japan) unless there's a holiday when Famitsu scans come out. Unsure if it'll be Famitsu this time around though since it's jumping onto the Switch and who knows what Marv/Nintendo's plans are, but guess we'll see!

The Switch subreddit will be another good place to scope out, since no doubt it'll be posted there as well. Also http://www.japanesenintendo.com/ is another good one. Here's the old announcement thread for 3oT if you're curious: http://fogu.com/hmforum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=169120
Ooh, thanks. Nintendoeverything is useful, but japanesenintendo's layout is really nice and clean, with nothing in the sidebar area...I like that.

It WOULD be nice if we could hire out certain tasks. I don't like dealing with animals at all...I only ever want crops. But the game always makes both crops and animals and their products really necessary to get through the game effectively. It'd be awesome if I could hire someone to take care of the animals. Or even if you had to wait until later in the game when you've got a spouse and/or child who can help out...it'd still be a cool option.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Japanese Nintendo is seriously the best resource for all new Japanese games for the Nintendo systems. I've been following him since he was called 'Japanese 3DS' and he gets the info out FAST. Like, within a few min of it being revealed sometimes. The Switch Reddit kinda lags behind and the Mods can be awful there. They allow the most assinie topics but push other things into a que for DAYS for no reason. They'll also delete posts without warning and this has resulted in lots of frustration and confusion in the past. I'm on there a lot, post on there a lot, and with the varying degrees of what they filter, it's better to just follow a streamlined website dedicated to news instead of a nannied one.

Anyways, the moment we get Switch Bokumono news, it will no doubt be everywhere.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly I don't even know where to start. I'd like another game like AP for the most part, with the proper mine, multiple kids that age, photography, a cute cast that has a nice art style, a big, interesting world where time doesn't pass too quickly in ratio to how fast you can travel, rival marriages and their kids, etc.

It'd be nice to have a sexuality option as part of character customization. And not just straight/gay but bisexual/pansexual too. Like how in Stardew Valley you can marry anyone regardless of gender. Give me that as an option, please.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I hope that they do something completely different from ANB/3oT. Whether that be something very new/different or just more reminiscent of older titles. The fun of HM games for me has never been grinding and collecting a ton of materials which is the only aspect that those games that really stick out to me. Also customization, but I don't care about customization much in a game where everything looks ugly. I'm hoping the game is actually visually appealing and has an aesthetic other than eye burning. Didn't mean to make this a post hating on ANB/3oT but I've been waiting for a new mainline game I like for 10 years now.