Suggestions?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
MichelleLynn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I'm thinking of getting Rune Factory 2 and Harvest Moon: Grand Bazaar; are these good choices? What would you consider the best Harvest Moon games for the DS? :)
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory 2 is a great choice. It's am amazing game. It's my favorite RF game.

Grand Bazaar is alright. But it got boring very soon. Cause there is not much to do.

But it depends on what you like. What are you looking for in a game? Do you like fighting monsters in dungeons? Or would you rather run a little shop once a week?
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

DS/C, IoH, SI, and any Rune Factory game are all good choices for DS games.

Bland Bazaar is very Bland.
ChiCowDuckMan
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

I've played just about every single Harvest Moon game in existence, and Grand Bazaar is the only one I would call a legitimately bad game. There were one or two others that came somewhat close, but GrB is bland, boring, and just kind of pointless. It's like they stripped the series down to its most basic elements and then sucked all the charm and personality out of it. So no, I would never recommend Grand Bazaar unless you have never played Harvest Moon before. I'd imagine it would be much more tolerable in that case, but even then there are about 20 other much better ways to get acquainted with the series.

I'd say RF2 is leagues above GrB and I've only played about one or two seasons-worth of it. Get that, but I'd say save your other $30.
Fretka
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

Rune Factory 2 is awesome and if you want to play a good game, you should buy it :)

Grand Bazaar is THE WORST Harvest Moon I have ever played. So I would definitely skip this game, if I was you.
Ranger
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Personally, I think both are great, but GrB is very bland and isn't for everyone. I personally love it, though.
MichelleLynn
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Thank you for the responses :) I ordered Rune Factory 2 (can't wait to play it). I want to get another HM game for DS but I'm a bit undecided.. I have AP, ToT, and MM for Wii. I've just been wanting to try out the DS Harvest Moon games as well.
xLokia
Disabled: User Name Change

Post  Posted:

I have Grand Bazaar, IoH, and SI for the DS. While I only started playing GrB, it's pretty fun for me. Of course, I just started. :lol: As for the other two, I think SI is a lot better than IoH. In my opinion, there's a little bit more to do with SI, so you never really get bored of it.
Fennec
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Grand Bazaar has this weird charm that keeps you playing nonstop and constantly working... It's very bland, but somehow it's harder to put down than other games. That might also be because you have to go to sleep every time you want to save your game, though. You have to do everything you want/need to for the entire in-game day before saving; it can be extremely inconvenient. Thankfully, though, you can spend several hours in-game preparing stuff to sell at the bazaar, but really... that's pretty much it. The dialogue gets old after a while too; I don't even talk to some characters that much when I play because they always say the same things.

If you want to try a DS game, then I'd recommend SI over IoH because it has a little more stuff to do, there are more places to see, and I also personally find the controls better. (I get confused a lot while playing IoH because you need the stylus to move and all my other games use the control pad.)