Is Back to Nature Worth Getting?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Holla
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I still own the PS One that my Dad gave me years ago. I honestly have hardly any games to play on it and I'd like to get some. Being a Harvest Moon fan who wants to play more of the older games (like the GameCube ones) I'm definitely interested in BTN for PlayStation.

What can you tell me about this game for those who've played it. Was it fun and worth buying? Thanks! :)
Pumpkin Queen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you're interested in it, then get it. I will note that it's almost the same as Friends of Mineral Town, with a bit of difference in graphics, events and festivals. The only thing that I really didn't like about it is the angle. You don't go straight up or down, or left and right. It's not a big problem in town, but in the field it made it much harder for me to do my farming.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm *slightly* biased because I grew up with BTN and it's just my absolute favourite BUT. I'd say yes - if you're interested in giving it a try, then it's definitely worth it. The angle is a little weird but once my brain gets used to it I honestly don't notice it at all??

If you've played FoMT, then BTN is very similar except with MORE THINGS and MORE DEPTH and the soundtrack suits the PS1 more. There are a few extra characters, extra festivals (like the Goddess Festival and the Tomato Festival and Opening Day which are just the best), and really sweet events. FoMT probably has more random events in total, but I love how the BTN ones really develop character and a lot of them span over whole days or across a week. The heart events are so much more rewarding and unique. Like, Elli will come to your farm every day for a few days to deliver sandwiches. Or Mary lends you a book and then you have to go back to her and tell her how you found it. It's so NICE. And the girls all have their own theme tune that plays during their events ahHHh I love it so much.

Which Harvest Moon games are you a fan of at the moment? Because I'd say it's very different to the most recent additions to the series. But it's extremely charming and well written and there's an event where your dog can have puppies.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Personally, I really enjoyed it. I got it recently (well, the Boy & Girl port on my vita, anyway), and it was my first experience playing in Mineral Town. I liked most things about it, but the angle it's set at makes it a little hard for me to play for more than just a few in-game days at a time. I dunno. It makes my eyes uncomfortable in a way I can't quite describe. But if you can get past that, I'd highly suggest getting it if you get the chance.