So it was only day 5 in Another Wonderful Life...

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Those two thing combined are now what I will choose to believe happens to Rock. He hits on Kate and she sucks out his life force as punishment. He's not really as bad as his DS version though when it comes to flirting and cheating.

And yep, I married him. He's a bit more mature after marriage. Probably already a better parent than Nami. He still doesn't actually work, but he seems to like to pretend to work, which is honestly kind of cute. Also, our son has a very nice looking color scheme. Beautiful. I named him Yuri and will raise him to be an athlete.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly, the child is the only reason I'd ever want to marry Rock. He's such a waste of space otherwise but that's just my opinion.
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:Those two thing combined are now what I will choose to believe happens to Rock. He hits on Kate and she sucks out his life force as punishment. He's not really as bad as his DS version though when it comes to flirting and cheating.

And yep, I married him. He's a bit more mature after marriage. Probably already a better parent than Nami. He still doesn't actually work, but he seems to like to pretend to work, which is honestly kind of cute. Also, our son has a very nice looking color scheme. Beautiful. I named him Yuri and will raise him to be an athlete.
Woah, don't raise the bar too high there /lol

The only real reason I would want to marry Rock would be to give him a family i guess? He's obviously insecure about being adopted and Ruby only tells him he was "like" a son to her, which had to hurt.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:The only real reason I would want to marry Rock would be to give him a family i guess? He's obviously insecure about being adopted and Ruby only tells him he was "like" a son to her, which had to hurt.
Actually, it was Tim that said that, not Ruby. That moment was just... wow. Like, I took pictures of the conversation. Tim was so, so very cold. Ruby still wasn't so great, pretty much implying that she won't miss him, but Tim... Tim... I really wish Rock's heart events would've touched more on that instead of just being random « Puppy Doodoo ».
Celestrian wrote:Honestly, the child is the only reason I'd ever want to marry Rock. He's such a waste of space otherwise but that's just my opinion.
All of the marriage candidates are wastes of space after marriage besides watching the kid some, when you think about it. They're just equal wastes of space with different personalities. And they all block the fridge.
white66

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:
white66 wrote:The only real reason I would want to marry Rock would be to give him a family i guess? He's obviously insecure about being adopted and Ruby only tells him he was "like" a son to her, which had to hurt.
Actually, it was Tim that said that, not Ruby. That moment was just... wow. Like, I took pictures of the conversation. Tim was so, so very cold. Ruby still wasn't so great, pretty much implying that she won't miss him, but Tim... Tim... I really wish Rock's heart events would've touched more on that instead of just being random « Puppy Doodoo ».
Rock was such wasted potential, imo. I mean the whole Ruby and Tim being hinted at losing their biological son could have been so interesting, but in a way I think it kind of fits the overall feel of the game to just suggest a tragedy rather than explain it outright, idk.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess it's refreshing to have an NPC family that doesn't tell you all their (obvious) secrets and details about their lives just because you're the main character.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Robin: Well you got me there. lol None of the choices are that great. I'd like a game like this one but with much more people.
ole
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Celestrian wrote:@Robin: Well you got me there. lol None of the choices are that great. I'd like a game like this one but with much more people.
I'd love for Marvelous to try out this style of game again, where you and your villagers age and their families grow. I doubt it'll happen, but gotta hold out hope, right?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I guess some of their most... Erm, obsessive costumers wouldn't like to see their favorite marriage candidates get old.

They didn't like them getting married to other people, either. But who knows.

The other bad thing with this model is that you need to make the game end eventually. Creating a living population of people that grow and multiply is not an easy task in a character-driven game. And if you alternated between two generations, it would get weird quick.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@ole: Yeah but sadly it is as Getaris has just said. Maybe do a heaven part where we can just farm and do whatever while the part with the ending is a story mode of sorts?
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I personally don't mind aging, but hate being forced to quit. Especially on a time limit.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:I guess it's refreshing to have an NPC family that doesn't tell you all their (obvious) secrets and details about their lives just because you're the main character.
Well yeah, but it wouldn't be because you're the main character, but rather because you're marrying them. You'd think your husband or his "parents" might mention that sort of thing.

But anyway, I think it would be great if Marvelous made a game like this again. It stands out so much to me against all over HM/SoS games. So realistic, dark, depressing... sounds bad, but I mean that in the best way. It's interesting. Refreshing against the overwhelming happiness of newer games, though I still love those too.
I also like the style of the characters look. And the world. It's just so nice to look at.
I don't know how certain fans would handle all this though, since I've run into a few that totally hate the older games, even though this one is so different from the others.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Robin: I would absolutely love that! I like going on the darker side of things as well. It'd be so much more unique then most of the atmosphere of the kind of games we get these days. Although I'm sure the death part of it may be a disturbance to some fans.
nightshade2010
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

didn't rock smack your kid when the kid basically called him a lazy « Tulip »?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I know certain games have certain love interests that automatically become attached to you, probably so newbies and little kids don't have trouble. Iirc, Celia gains affection when you buy seeds. I think Popuri in 64 did too?