Should the Switch games have their own subforums?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.

What do you think?

You may select 1 option

View results

Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

As is tradition in this forum, only the portable entries in the series have their own subforums, and well...... As much as Nintendo wishes to think otherwise, the Switch is, for all intents and purposes, a portable console with TV capabilities.

So. What do you guys think, should the games made for the Switch be treated as the portable games they actually are, or should they be kept in the "all other harvest moon" forum like the console games they like to pretend they are?
jianadaren1
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

They should have their own: they are portable, new, popular, they aren't even called "Harvest Moon". They definitely don't fit in "all other Harvest Moon" category.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well, I obviously include the ones still named Harvest Moon here.

I personally think they should start grouping them by console, like how the game boy games have their own subforums within a subforum.

The list is getting kinda long. :shifty:

Then again, if they don't consider the switch as a new portable console, then the list may never grow again.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It's kind of hard to judge since the switch is still pretty new, it's hard to tell how popular it's going to be. Especially with what a poor job Nintendo did with stocking the console and getting it out to people. I honestly forget that the switch is technically a handheld since I only play it on my tv lol Don't get me wrong I hope it does well, but it's just still kind of early imo.

As for making subforums, I think it might be easier for people to navigate but I also kind of personally like the longer list, just because I like seeing how far the games have come. I don't think it's a huge issue now, but maybe after a couple more installments of either series Cher might want to consider doing that. But it's also her forum she knows best, I'm sure she's considered this idea at least a couple times by now. If not, it's probably because she doesn't think it's an issue.
Celestrian
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Whatever ends up being decided works for me. Either choice is easy enough for me to navigate.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I was kinda thinking that it might be a good time to just shove all the DS games together into one forum at this point. None of them are super active anymore and some of the stickys are outdated (ie: the Grand Bazaar portraits thread has all the images removed).

I think the Switch game would look good under the 3DS titles if things got tidied up a little bit. That's just me though, Cher can have her forum however she pleases.
Last edited by Bluie on Sep 09, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Forums typically get sub-forumed into the "classic" section once the game they're the topic of is 10 years old. HMDS Cute would be March 2018.

Once there's more information released that might convince me that it might be popular enough to get it's own forum, then one might open up. So far we've only seen one short video.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Holy « Puppy Doodoo », DS Cute is almost 10 years old?

I think I need to lie down.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The 3DS itself isn't that far away from being ten years old :P
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Am I the only one who feels old just because she got to this series very late in life?
AmazingFarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It would make sense to have all the DS games together. The classic Harvest Moon the way it is. The 3ds all together but SoS seperate. Then a Group With the AP and ToT and LoH and GameCube games.Finally the rest of the games in a console section. I think for now Swich Should share and later move them if they make more Swich games like Cher said :P I can't believe Cutes so old!
AmazingFarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Am I the only one who feels old just because she got to this series very late in life?
Considering the newest game I have in HM is A New beginning your not the only one
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:Am I the only one who feels old just because she got to this series very late in life?
Nah. I think anyone can get into the series whenever they want. I mean, I got into the series with AWL and started exploring older titles.

As for the topic at hand, it's a good question, but I think I'm going to go with no since, at it's heart, the Switch is a home console. It's portable, but it's advertised as a home console you can take with you. In the end, I think this decision is up to Cher and where she thinks this Story of Seasons and Harvest Moon games lie on the Switch.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wouldn't it be confusing putting a SoS and HM game together since they're different series and both are coming to Switch?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:Wouldn't it be confusing putting a SoS and HM game together since they're different series and both are coming to Switch?
Well, that wouldn't happen if you give each game a separate forum, as usual.

I don't really see how having games from both series in one forum would be any more or less confusing than the current "all other hm" forum though. (Though maybe the forum would be up for a name change to reflect the situation).