Parents in HoLV

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

There is something bugging me a lot these day while playing Hero of Leaf Valley. Why there are completely no parents in it? I mean Dia's parents is explained vaguely are away, and hers are the only one i know. Anyone have information about the other characters? The boys also included, like Tim and Bob are brothers, but it feels like Bob are looking after Tim like a father, which is kinda sad tho. Compare to FoMT, which everyone's parents have some information, even the kids. In A New Begining, if it is correct, i feel like all character are grow ups so i dont really ponder about this, but in HoLV Tim and Katie and Gina are childish enough that no info about their parents make me thinking really hard.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

They're all young adults so perhaps their parents live elsewhere? Or they're all dead, there's that too.

Wallace is Katie's grandfather and both Tim and Kurt are apprentices under Woody, so it's not like they're all without adult influence. Gina is a maid and probably always has been since her childhood(Martha - her grandmother is looking after her too), while Dia's parents are off searching for something. So eh, they probably just saw no need to give them on screen parents.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:They're all young adults so perhaps their parents live elsewhere? Or they're all dead, there's that too.

Wallace is Katie's grandfather and both Tim and Kurt are apprentices under Woody, so it's not like they're all without adult influence. Gina is a maid and probably always has been since her childhood(Martha - her grandmother is looking after her too), while Dia's parents are off searching for something. So eh, they probably just saw no need to give them on screen parents.
I just learned that Kurt' parents are dead, but i dont mean on screen parents are needed, but there should be some story about their parents, or at least where are their parents, because some characters in HoLV looks childish enough that they should at least explain where is their parents or something. And Tim is the bug catching boy, whose brother is Bob btw :P Character like (especially) Katie is so childish, maybe she can be compared to popouri in FoMT i mean. Gina is also a little childish, that is what im concerned. It gives me the feeling like you see a child for a long while and there are no parents with them and you start wondering where they are. Gwen, Aurelia, Lyla or Alice look so much older than the 2 previous, so i dont wondering that much.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's a story taking place in a post-apocalyptic planet Earth.

The survivors of the nuclear fallout searched for places where their children could survive, without radiation, but it was too late for the parents. Only a few old the older wiser adults survived to take care of the young.

That's why the leaf valley is so valuable, it's completely safe and without radiation.
Last edited by Getaris on Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:It's a story taking place in a post-apocalyptic planet Earth.

The survivors of the nuclear fallout searched for places where their children could survive, without radiation, but it was too late for the parents.

That's why the leaf valley is so valuable, it's completely safe and without radiation.
wow didnt think of that wow
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:It's a story taking place in a post-apocalyptic planet Earth.

The survivors of the nuclear fallout searched for places where their children could survive, without radiation, but it was too late for the parents. Only a few old the older wiser adults survived to take care of the young.

New favorite headcanon.